Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews

I worked for 2 years at Dimension Data as Associate Client Manager. I really enjoyed the dynamic environnement and the management very close the team member. The people are nice.
Dimension Data is a good company to work for with excellent facilities and the People. The Salary and holiday/health package is also very good Management communication could be better
Pros
The People
Cons
Training
I was placed on site site at customer and spent little time in the company. I guess becaouse of its footprint there are opportunities open globally for technical posts.
Pros
Not approachable
Cons
Not having a direct report.
Lot of exposure to new technologies. Many benefits such as free beverages and snacks. Pathetic transport service. No proper process. Work culture is very lenient
Most enjoyable part of the job - the people Great pay and benefits Volunteer opportunities; 16 paid hours to volunteer per year PTO days paid Client facing travel opportunities
Pros
Salary and benefits, bonus program
Cons
Worklife balance was a struggle due to the workload
I enjoyed carrying out the project work, which had me travelling locally to client sites. I was working with remote engineers, some who were in other states/ or even countries, and they were all great to get along with and knowledgeable and helpful. When not carrying out project work, I was in the local office, either preparing for upcoming projects or online training. I was also sent to many vendor training/ and presentations. The other engineers in the office were great to work with, and friendly, so we all frequently spoke to one another while in the office. There are managerial problems, even to the extent where staff members are bullied. Working hours became increasingly long, with many out of hours working weekend. The office is dull, and depressing. Not enough support is offered to the Engineers, not locally in the office anyway. Engineers are overworked and over utilised, with very little appreciation for the work that they do. The office and the work slowly drained the life out of me, and other Engineers! After leaving the company, I had very little confidence left due to the managements feedback to my work (all of which was praised by the Project Managers!). I have spoken to other Engineers while working for this company, and since leaving, who have all experienced the same. This really needs to be reviewed.
Pros
Great project work, Latest technology exposure, good salary.
Cons
Poor management, bullying, overworked with no appreciation. No work life balance!
Fast paced environment, with information technology always changing and updating. Never stopped learning My manager is excellent and was sad to be leaving his mentorship, enthusiasm and work culture.
Benefits
Dimension Data pushes me to use my fullest potential. It challenges me all the time to go outside my comfort zone and that's why I am learning a lot from this company.
Bsuy Cisco reseller and maintenance providor, Managed and maintained Cisco equipment and telephony products for major fortune 500 companies. Throughout the entire world they have a footprint on almost every continent
Technical growth is good . Life balance and job satisfaction good . Managements are also good . Technical growth is good . Life balance and satisfaction good
Every day was different and there were always new challenges to be overcome. I worked with a dedicated team of people who always got the job done on time.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Long Hours
I have been there 17 years and for 16 of them they were very enjoyable and we were constantly rated one of the top 5 Companies to work for. Since the most recent CEO has taken over the sales targets have not been met and the monthly "All Hands" calls provided nothing about the financial numbers and the trouble we are in. From one Friday with a RA-RA call to the following Wednesday 200+ people were shocked with the layoff. No longer a Top 5 place to work...
Dimension Data is an awesome place to work. However it such a big company navigating the company to find new opportunities can be hard. We start our day with a daily standup where we summarize our work from the previous day, and what we intend to accomplish for the current day. We then get to work. The team is distributed globally so we communicate via slack and email. The company values indeed depends upon self motivated people who are able to thrive in an autonomous yet team oriented environment.
Pros
excellent compensation, opportunities to learm
Cons
project base work in a large gloabally distributed company, difficult to find stability
The culture has been one of inclusivity and people first which is fantastic. Very motivated, and driven organization that, although a big company, operates like a startup in many ways. Some of the most talented folks to work with in the industry as well. Although over the last few years that has changed a bit with the constant change in leadership which isn't ideal long term. Moreover, there is a lack of focus and the business has spread itself too thin with too many goals.
I had a really nice internship at Dimension Data and learnt many new skills. Made many friends and new connections. Loved the workplace culture and would love to go back and work here in the future.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Unpaid Internship
Azienda in forte espansione, con grandi margini di miglioramento in tutti i settori, facilità di comunicazione con tutti i livelli, buona organizzazione aziendale
Pros
buoni pasto
Cons
stress
Workplace culture can vary depending on office location. Overall, people are great to work with! Can be hard to manage work/life balance based on the role and responsibility you hold. Opportunity for career advancement, especially if you connect yourself with the "right" people. Time off is great, benefits are good. Compensation could be better - those hired externally often come in with higher pay or replace veterans that have been with the company for a long tenure.
Pros
People are great to work with
Cons
Recognition awards/programs could be better utilized, Same people in top executive management are promoted
When I worked for Dimension Data the ethos was work hard play hard. It is a good company to work for as they genuinely care about the staff and provided good benefits to loyal staff members. Unlike other organisations I have worked for they are good communicators and keep staff up to date on a regular basis. There are many long-serving employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Sometimes long hours dependent on role
I would start each day by review emails and pertinent client events. If SIEM events or vendor notifications resulting in actions I would document specifics for the monthly and quarterly reports and open tickets for any actions needed by other teams. I would review specific client environments for events, health, and trending; Looking at every aspect of an asset from Hardware, Software, Operations, Availability, Performance and Compliance. All information would be documented in a monthly report. I would attend client meeting giving weekly or monthly reports as to the status of their security systems.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Typical day involves the looking after the various clients. Learned that I wanted to move into Azure / virtualization side of microsoft Management tended not to listen to much to employees. Work place culture was one where things were boring. Hardest part of the job was arriving at work The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure clients got what they paid for.
Pros
making sure the clients were happy
Cons
Working in an enviroment where it was managments way or no way at all
A very productive work environment always busy, Management was on the ball and always willing to listen and assist where necessary. Although more attention to people would be a plus.
  1. Employee reviews