Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews

I worked for 2 years at Dimension Data as Associate Client Manager. I really enjoyed the dynamic environnement and the management very close the team member.

The people are nice.
Every day was different and there were always new challenges to be overcome. I worked with a dedicated team of people who always got the job done on time.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Long Hours
I have been there 17 years and for 16 of them they were very enjoyable and we were constantly rated one of the top 5 Companies to work for. Since the most recent CEO has taken over the sales targets have not been met and the monthly "All Hands" calls provided nothing about the financial numbers and the trouble we are in. From one Friday with a RA-RA call to the following Wednesday 200+ people were shocked with the layoff.

No longer a Top 5 place to work...
Dimension Data is an awesome place to work. However it such a big company navigating the company to find new opportunities can be hard. We start our day with a daily standup where we summarize our work from the previous day, and what we intend to accomplish for the current day. We then get to work. The team is distributed globally so we communicate via slack and email. The company values indeed depends upon self motivated people who are able to thrive in an autonomous yet team oriented environment.
Pros
excellent compensation, opportunities to learm
Cons
project base work in a large gloabally distributed company, difficult to find stability
The culture has been one of inclusivity and people first which is fantastic. Very motivated, and driven organization that, although a big company, operates like a startup in many ways. Some of the most talented folks to work with in the industry as well. Although over the last few years that has changed a bit with the constant change in leadership which isn't ideal long term. Moreover, there is a lack of focus and the business has spread itself too thin with too many goals.
I had a really nice internship at Dimension Data and learnt many new skills. Made many friends and new connections. Loved the workplace culture and would love to go back and work here in the future.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Unpaid Internship
Azienda in forte espansione, con grandi margini di miglioramento in tutti i settori, facilità di comunicazione con tutti i livelli, buona organizzazione aziendale
Pros
buoni pasto
Cons
stress
Workplace culture can vary depending on office location. Overall, people are great to work with! Can be hard to manage work/life balance based on the role and responsibility you hold. Opportunity for career advancement, especially if you connect yourself with the "right" people. Time off is great, benefits are good. Compensation could be better - those hired externally often come in with higher pay or replace veterans that have been with the company for a long tenure.
Pros
People are great to work with
Cons
Recognition awards/programs could be better utilized, Same people in top executive management are promoted
When I worked for Dimension Data the ethos was work hard play hard.

It is a good company to work for as they genuinely care about the staff and provided good benefits to loyal staff members.

Unlike other organisations I have worked for they are good communicators and keep staff up to date on a regular basis. There are many long-serving employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Sometimes long hours dependent on role
I would start each day by review emails and pertinent client events. If SIEM events or vendor notifications resulting in actions I would document specifics for the monthly and quarterly reports and open tickets for any actions needed by other teams. I would review specific client environments for events, health, and trending; Looking at every aspect of an asset from Hardware, Software, Operations, Availability, Performance and Compliance. All information would be documented in a monthly report. I would attend client meeting giving weekly or monthly reports as to the status of their security systems.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Typical day involves the looking after the various clients.

Learned that I wanted to move into Azure / virtualization side of microsoft

Management tended not to listen to much to employees.

Work place culture was one where things were boring.

Hardest part of the job was arriving at work

The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure clients got what they paid for.
Pros
making sure the clients were happy
Cons
Working in an enviroment where it was managments way or no way at all
A very productive work environment always busy, Management was on the ball and always willing to listen and assist where necessary. Although more attention to people would be a plus.
HR and Line managers at dd are not aligned effectively.

Too many managers at the company are uneducated and lack skills.

The company is truly TOP Heavy.
Pros
exsposure to IOT
Cons
Lacks Validaton and Respect.
Dimension Data was an amazing place to work for. The culture was very good and all the people was world class.
Working for them was an excellent experience.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
The expectation was to work double the hours without any compensation. When you finally take a step back be careful not to lose your job. I'm sure its a great company, just not when I worked for them.
Pros
Big company
Cons
Big company
A global IT company with headquarter in S Africa. I am supporting sales and title is inside sales rep. I need to provide quotation to customers and follow up with customers for related issues.
Pros
independent
Cons
stress
Best place for a beginner or a early stage of the career
Work culture is good compare to other organizations

Complimentary snacks and eatables provided
Pros
Learning oppurtunites
Cons
People management
Generally a good company to work for.

Merit over politics.

Great working ethic.

Good culture.

Globally recognised.

Good benefits .

Good work /Life balance
Pros
My Manager was a great leader
Cons
I didnt get the salary increase for my promotion
The emerging company has little stay-on ability and strategic intent to engage on large multi million dollar projects particularly in the public sector.
Dimension Data offers a great amount of flexibility to employees with where you work from.

Management is a little too heavy and not enough works.

The hardest thing here is the workload.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Warmly cooperation within team members and have proper
negotiation among others team or superior. sometime work under

pressure incase of incident issue to be resolved on time as

the customer is banking business.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.