Dimension Data Employee Reviews

great
Second in Charge Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 April 2018
it was a great place to work at very energetic,
the work was challenging as it was only night shift, the contact centre was servicing USA based clients
Pros
great working enviroments
Cons
working hours
Company culture is horrible
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA1 April 2018
Never worked in such a company in the past - managers are rude to employees, and nobody takes his/her job seriously. Ironically, pay was not that bad.
Good teamwork and collaboration
Senior Service Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Home-office24 March 2018
I enjoyed my time at DimensionData the job was varied and challenging.
There are some very good individuals here that have inspired me. I would have liked to have had more options to diversify to other products and technology’s.
Challenging work environment
Principal Technical Architect (Former Employee) –  New York, NY24 March 2018
A major performer in the large website development market. I was the Principal Technical Architect and Director of Quality Control. The company worked extremely well as a team and was well respected in the large website development business. As a result of the 9/11 attack in New York, the company laide off the entire New York Staff and closed their offices.
not the same
Manager (Current Employee) –  United States23 March 2018
Used to be a good place to work and build your career.....the only focus now is sales and the financial numbers......The culture has changed and the focus on people has been lost.
Nice place to work
business Manager East Africa (Former Employee) –  kenya21 March 2018
Excellent place to work in, well structured , Market leader and a very strong brand in the market. good salary would like to work more in the company .Reward ones effort in the company
Pros
Bonus
Cons
medical
This company struggles integrating acquisitions into the business.
Level lll Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts19 March 2018
Some positions and processes need to be refined. There needs to be more forethought when integrating clients into ServiceNow.Working in the ticketing system requires a certain knowledgeability of the individual user so to not 'work' tickets incorrectly. This causes confusion. The ticketing system should be thought out with the SOM and SOP so that the right group is involved with the solutions rather than an individual's personal knowledge of an environment.
Productive well organised company with lot of fun inside
Systems Engineer (SCCM) (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Brayanston, South Africa12 March 2018
Dimensiondata is a service delivery, no matter how great and organisation can be, there will be days where the client wont be 100% satisfied, or have to wake up in the middle of the night and provide and urgent service. We once had to all wake up at 2am on a Saturday to prevent all our client from a virus.
We have fun days, social club where we just have fun.
Pros
Lunch, team building, clients taking us out, Gifts
Cons
Healthcare
Wonderful place to work, very productive environment
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore10 March 2018
Wonderful place to work, very productive environment. Very good management and a good place to learn with multiple opportunities to grow with in the organiation
Managed Business Development to the energy industry.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX9 March 2018
Led and managed business development to the energy industry. Identified numerous projects that were direct with customers or required going through an RFP process.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
New company and new name recognition.
Work hard, play hard
Head of Regional Service Management (Former Employee) –  London9 March 2018
Dimension Data is a very successful, global business in the IT Solutions Integration environment.
They recruit the highest levels of employees and expect them to deliver. You have to work hard!
Work / life balance is what you make it but if you are looking for a 9-5 job then Dimension Data is probably not for you...
However hard work usually leads to great rewards.
My role was at the Group level, interacting with individuals and businesses from around the globe - thus some very strange hours being worked to address the numerous different time zones
Young vibey office culture
Temporary Positions Held (Former Employee) –  Gauteng1 March 2018
Great company to work for though was under a certain project. Enjoyed myself and leant a lot. Young dynamic team with different yet fun characters. Really awesome times I had here
Pros
Outstanding office parties with celebrities
Cons
Night shift work
Project Managers at DD
Project manager (Current Employee) –  Kallang1 March 2018
It's good to explore and polish your skills of PM in DD due to it's diversity in different industry which also make you feel more pressure and less family time. Pay grade is average but career growth seems to be slow. Turnover rate is, I believe, the same as other SIs.
No Management or Mentorship
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Cape Town, Western Cape28 February 2018
As the company is rather large and focused on the corporate sector, only large deals are considered

There is no management or hands on guidance, therefore you need to be well versed in their range of products and services
Useless Management
Project Coordinator - Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  North Ryde NSW24 February 2018
Just like any other company, all the managers are useless and do not know what they need to do. If they give employees space to do their own job, that would help.
cutthroat
Security Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL10 February 2018
Good delivery capabilities and execution. Lots of hand-picked colleagues from the HQ country South Africa. As a LoB seller, Client Managers will be hesitant to take you into their accounts.
Excellent workplace culture and advancement possibilities
Senior Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  City of London and home9 February 2018
I was very much self-sufficient and left to get on with it as a Senior SDM looking after a single multinational bank.

Most of my day was problem solving and contract management.

This included the maintenance of a client P&L to ensure continued profitability.

Excellent culture and you could get much more from the company than I personally needed.

The hardest part of the job was working with some rather archaic internal systems and processes which were simply not up to the level required.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the variation....no two days being the same.
Bad management
Configuration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape9 February 2018
Not what you know, it is who you know. They tend to employ bad managers all over the business.
With bad managers or client managers in place the tend to lose clients on a regular bases.
This affect the rest of the employees as you are never sure if you are going to have a job in a couple of month time.
Pros
Fun to work at DD
Cons
To much fun no work or support from managers is a problem
Great culture but very little opportunity for growth as an employee
PMO Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2018
My time with Dimension Data Canada was great. I learnt alot but the company struggled with growth over the years. This resulted in little no opportunity for growth for employees. The management team just seem to repeat past mistakes over and over again.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No growth
IT Service Desk Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC7 February 2018
I loved working here on a daily basis. There were always new challenges and new opportunities. My favorite part was the people I worked with and the clients we supported.
Pros
Flexible and allow growth
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.