Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews

I worked for 2 years at Dimension Data as Associate Client Manager. I really enjoyed the dynamic environnement and the management very close the team member.

The people are nice.
Great people, good environment. Opportunities to learn and to get involved. Complex global structure and going through a lot of change at present. Recommended.
There is a good team culture at Dimension Data.

The company is working hard to expand into the North American market through organic growth as well as acquisition.

I enjoyed working there very much!
Pros
Good opportunity for remote work
Dimension Data offers a decent and productive environment to bring the best out of her employees. I learnt a lot from their methodologies and progressive approach towards meeting and exceeding customer's expectations.
Pretty nice place pretty nice people. Seemingly a culture that promotes from within. Good employees and some super talent. Good luck with this company, they have a lot to offer.
My direct management was excellent and overall I enjoyed working for the company but be wary the entire US/UK and Canada groups of my division were suddenly laid off without warning. Our job responsibilities were transferred to our Indian team to cut salary costs. I understand cutting costs and outsourcing but to walk into work one day and be told that you are laid off effective immediately left a sour taste in my mouth. My last job gave us 6 months warning, letting us know that our job would be outsourced. That was more than fair.
Pros
excellent work life balance and direct management
Cons
suddenly laid off without warning
I worked at Dimension Data for 3+ years. My direct management was excellent. Be wary of upper management in other countries. The entire US/UK and Canada workforce was suddenly laid off and our job responsibilities transferred to our India team.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
being laid off suddenly without warning left a bitter taste in my mouth. No class to this company.
Throughout my time at Dimension Data I felt respected and had constant support from my team and management. The company would routinely have outings for all of its employees which would allow us to deflate and get to know our fellow colleagues. My day consisted of touching base with not only my clients but also my team to update them on any improvements or suggestions I had to better the environments. Coming from a start up and joining the Dimension Data team I did find it a challenge acclimating myself to the additional protocols in place. Overall my tenure at Dimension Data was fulfilling and gave me the opportunity to find my passion in the field of systems engineering.
Pros
Casual environment, collaberative teams
Cons
Few learning options for technical positions.
Culture is good. I have enjoyed my time working for DD. DD has a strong work and life balance and company is overall a solid player in the market. Great place to work.
They offer an excellent opportunity to work on some of the lower mainland's signature projects, with a lot of company infrastructure in place. The hours are flexible, allowing leave for appointments or illness.
its a busy environment but there a culture they have built making it fun and a stress free environment as they know that this environment and work can be stressful so they always trying to make work enjoyable
Pros
dress code
Cons
hours
As long as work is completed on time there are no problems and you can relax until the next call comes in. No worries about tattoo's or piercings. Monthly the management arranges some kind of event for the employee's to take part in which is fun.
Pros
Events often take place
Cons
Lots of overtime if work needs to get done.
Was a nice place to work. I enjoyed the interaction and support from my fellow employees. They offered many different training programs and encouraged taking advantage of opportunities to learn and advance your career.
My position afforded me the opportunity to multi task/role. However, very poor leadership and zero career advancement within the marketing organization.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
poor leadership, career advancement, no title recognition
Lots of challenging problem to deal with.

The hardest part is to deal with lots of projects but not enough resources.

Work life balance is not ideal
The company has a great workplace culture with opportunities to grow. Access to numerous valuable online training materials. Proper recognition and appreciation for outstanding contribution to company in terms of upholding company values and contribution to client business.
i learn lots of system and technical finance skills. opportunity for growing are lots. the company is big and willing to give their everyone a chance
Pros
year end function
Cons
normal
company has so many talented employees in different departments so that they can respond instantly to their client without fail 24*7 .and good working environment.
I don't belive out of Dimension Data you have greater learning network project in HK
My time at DD has been overall good. I would however say they are currently going through a period of change - which has led to certrain things many are less happy with
I worked for Dimension Data for 1 year. They bought out the company I worked for. We were promised 1 year from the date of the merger, we would be employed. 1 year to the date they started laying people off.50-75 at a time. From what I understand, there are very few left that worked for the company I worked for..
Pros
Great salary and benifits
Cons
Could be laid off any day without warning
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.