Dimension Data Employee Reviews

very good facilities,
favorable atmosphere to work,
learning new things,
respect for every religion,
proper paperwork for joining and resigning,
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Productive company with a well work life balance
TEAM LEAD, PROCUREMENT (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VA21 December 2017
DD was one of the best companies I've worked for. They offer great work life balance as well as advancing through the company. The most enjoyable aspects of working with DD was the interactions I had with my peers and vendor relationships.
Productive and fun to work for
call center agent (Former Employee) –  Fourways, Gauteng16 December 2017
As much as we worked night shifts from 19:00 to 1 Am in the morning it was also a very inspiring team where by we never stopped to motivate one another.
Good place to work, but at the mercy of Cisco, could not keep me employed when Cisco decided to scale back.
Cisco TPM Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Natick, MA14 December 2017
Had 5 or 6 site visits per week, repairing Cisco servers and network devices. Learned about Cisco server break/fix. Management was laid back and very worker-friendly. Had a remote team across the country and 1 other local team member. Hardest part of the job was working with overseas support and Cisco deciding that they didn't need for my company to maintain people that they recently hired. Most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment that providing my skills to get the job done gave me.
Pros
Low pressure
Cons
At the mercy of Cisco, could not keep me employed.
Work hard Play hard
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 December 2017
With DD there is never a dull moment. the exposure is great and you learn by being thrown in the deep end. It is a very exciting work environment but also very stressful due to the type of clients and vast depth of tech and services they have to offer. If you want to grow and advance your career I cannot think of a better company. The staff and management are friendly, but very entrepreneurial focused.
Pros
Career advancement and technical expertise. Working with the best in the industry
Cons
The pressure and stress of work commitments never stops
D Data
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC12 December 2017
The management was not what i am used to. Contract job, training was so long and when we are on the floor they keep changing my hours and shifts, they keep changing what we need to say to customers.
Excellent Work Place
technical lead (Current Employee) –  Cape Town12 December 2017
Start at 05:30 in the morning and work till 16:00 is a normal day, we work on a lot of different CCTV systems, so everyday there is something new, management could be better but only because they have an non technical person in charge of technical people.
High productivity and fun/ friendly environment.
Internship (Current Employee) –  Brackenfell, Western Cape8 December 2017
This is an amazing company that provides loads of opportunities. It is a friendly work place and also has a lot of challenges to face. These challenges however, makes you stronger and makes things easier as you successfully overcome them and as you go along.
Managers Need more Training
Senior Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Remote5 December 2017
The manager I happened to work for micromanaged the team instead of educated or mentored. The way he spoke to some of the engineers was like he had no respect for them or even was willing to help fix the gaps they had in their performance. One second he is throwing you under the bus second he is questioning your knowledge and telling you you are wrong, but not following it up with a WHY?
Pros
Cons
Management Treatment within certain groups
Little to none career advancement
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SC5 December 2017
Career advancement is not available here. Many people here still working as contractors but they will never become full time. Relaxed culture, but workload is high, management is careless and do not reward the good hardworking workers. Only time you'll get any feedback from one of management here is negative feedback, always. Management knows the culture is toxic, they just don't care.
Pros
Lucky if you're a full-time/non contractor
Cons
Soul crushing paycheck
culture is very corporate, loved it
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal1 December 2017
Strict rules and regulations, awesome team, Client Centric, Inspirational and motivational peers and management, great environment, loved the dress code and formality
nice to work with
Service level analyst (Current Employee) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka14 November 2017
we have nice work environment here, good to being with dimension data. work and management wise very happy to work with dimension data. Working hours and work culture all good.
Très bonne entreprise
Ingénieur Communications unifiées (Current Employee) –  Toulouse (31)11 November 2017
Environnement de travail agréable.
Opportunité, possibilité d'évolution. Salaire très bon comparé aux autres entreprise.
a terrible place to work. Managers are not reasonable
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA8 November 2017
poor organization culture. Not family friendly. not healthy competition. People from Australia is managing this company and they really don't know what's going on locally and mess up the whole team here.
Work life in Dimension Data
Employee (Former Employee) –  Makati3 November 2017
With the strong drive to hit the Margin. forces the company to do a lot of cost cutting affecting the capability to create process and buy/build tools. the lack of these items force the people to do more work and therefore affect work life balance.
องค์กรดี บริหารจัดการดี
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  กรุงเทพมหานคร2 November 2017
การบริหารภายในองค์กรดี หัวหน้างานดี สวัสดิการดี สภาพแวดล้อมดี
Great company to work
Manager Commercial (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka31 October 2017
One of a best company to work. Great work culture, good management, best salary among industry, best co-workers. Totally satisfied with nine years of association.
productive and fun at work
Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape30 October 2017
great working environment and their culture of the business is adaptable .i learned and lot still learning daily.
the management is easy to approach
Pros
team building outing
Cons
flexible working hours
Very professional organisation, Good work life balance
IT Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD28 October 2017
Enjoyed my time at DD, left to pursue a personal project. Would not have left the company had I not had a project of my own to complete. DD is the #1 company for which I have worked, I am proud to have been a part of it.
Pros
Social
Cons
not many
Highly Recommended
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX26 October 2017
This is a great company. Good culture, capabilities and teamwork. Solid organization. Management supports teams. Leadership susinctly commnicated vision, strategy and progressive updates.
Pros
Creativity rewarded. Great work/life balance in a professional, collaborative environment.
Cons
None to speak of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.