Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews

I worked for 2 years at Dimension Data as Associate Client Manager. I really enjoyed the dynamic environnement and the management very close the team member.

The people are nice.
encourages job work/life balance, with flexible working arrangements available. team environment is good, open door policy for management team, approachable.
Pros
fruit provided weekly, great environment
Cons
long hours, no recognition, no reviews
My active employment time has been a most fulfilling, and i am very happy for being given a chance to grow my career at Dimension Data. It is a good company that i can personally recommend to work for.
Dimensions data made me understand the reporting and the management of the contract also made me understand the ACV reporting fun place and technology at its best
As a global systems integrator, Dimension Data realized that cloud was going to have a dramatic impact. Their investment in cloud was a very forward thinking move. One part of their culture that stayed consistent is the employee focus. Dimension Data takes care of their employees better than any company I have worked for.
Pros
Unlimited vacation
Cons
Most executive management is outside the US
Small organization but having onsite projects in Asia Pacific. Opportunity to go ahead in professional career. Helpful Management. Great place to work.
Dimension Data is a great company, there is a lot I have learned both professionally and personally.

The culture is diverse which makes it so interesting and fun to work.

Well I haven't faced any hardships but rather challenging tasks which I excelled in.
Pros
Fun days, Braai
Great colleagues, benefits and work life balance. However, Internal communications between different departments requires huge improvements and transparency.
Pros
Free fruits
Cons
supervision is too minimal to a point of benefits are being misused.
it was a great place to work at very energetic,
the work was challenging as it was only night shift, the contact centre was servicing USA based clients
Pros
great working enviroments
Cons
working hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dimension Data?
Never worked in such a company in the past - managers are rude to employees, and nobody takes his/her job seriously. Ironically, pay was not that bad.
Dimension Data is a large systems integrator selling computer hardware, software and consulting services. Customers included Rheem Corporation, Boeing Corporation, St. Vincent's Hospital, Progress Rail, and Peavy Corporation. I sold large systems to new customers as well as upgraded installed customers. I was the only employee in Alabama but had access to resources located in Atlanta.
Pros
Autonomy.
Cons
I had to get resources from another office.
I enjoyed my time at DimensionData the job was varied and challenging.
There are some very good individuals here that have inspired me. I would have liked to have had more options to diversify to other products and technology’s.
A major performer in the large website development market. I was the Principal Technical Architect and Director of Quality Control. The company worked extremely well as a team and was well respected in the large website development business. As a result of the 9/11 attack in New York, the company laide off the entire New York Staff and closed their offices.
Used to be a good place to work and build your career.....the only focus now is sales and the financial numbers......The culture has changed and the focus on people has been lost.
Excellent place to work in, well structured , Market leader and a very strong brand in the market. good salary would like to work more in the company .Reward ones effort in the company
Pros
Bonus
Cons
medical
Some positions and processes need to be refined. There needs to be more forethought when integrating clients into ServiceNow.Working in the ticketing system requires a certain knowledgeability of the individual user so to not 'work' tickets incorrectly. This causes confusion. The ticketing system should be thought out with the SOM and SOP so that the right group is involved with the solutions rather than an individual's personal knowledge of an environment.
Dimensiondata is a service delivery, no matter how great and organisation can be, there will be days where the client wont be 100% satisfied, or have to wake up in the middle of the night and provide and urgent service. We once had to all wake up at 2am on a Saturday to prevent all our client from a virus.
We have fun days, social club where we just have fun.
Pros
Lunch, team building, clients taking us out, Gifts
Cons
Healthcare
Wonderful place to work, very productive environment. Very good management and a good place to learn with multiple opportunities to grow with in the organiation
Led and managed business development to the energy industry. Identified numerous projects that were direct with customers or required going through an RFP process.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
New company and new name recognition.
Dimension Data is a very successful, global business in the IT Solutions Integration environment.
They recruit the highest levels of employees and expect them to deliver. You have to work hard!

Work / life balance is what you make it but if you are looking for a 9-5 job then Dimension Data is probably not for you...

However hard work usually leads to great rewards.

My role was at the Group level, interacting with individuals and businesses from around the globe - thus some very strange hours being worked to address the numerous different time zones
Great company to work for though was under a certain project. Enjoyed myself and leant a lot. Young dynamic team with different yet fun characters. Really awesome times I had here
Pros
Outstanding office parties with celebrities
Cons
Night shift work