Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews

I worked for 2 years at Dimension Data as Associate Client Manager. I really enjoyed the dynamic environnement and the management very close the team member. The people are nice.
With DD there is never a dull moment. the exposure is great and you learn by being thrown in the deep end. It is a very exciting work environment but also very stressful due to the type of clients and vast depth of tech and services they have to offer. If you want to grow and advance your career I cannot think of a better company. The staff and management are friendly, but very entrepreneurial focused.
Pros
Career advancement and technical expertise. Working with the best in the industry
Cons
The pressure and stress of work commitments never stops
The management was not what i am used to. Contract job, training was so long and when we are on the floor they keep changing my hours and shifts, they keep changing what we need to say to customers.
Start at 05:30 in the morning and work till 16:00 is a normal day, we work on a lot of different CCTV systems, so everyday there is something new, management could be better but only because they have an non technical person in charge of technical people.
This is an amazing company that provides loads of opportunities. It is a friendly work place and also has a lot of challenges to face. These challenges however, makes you stronger and makes things easier as you successfully overcome them and as you go along.
The manager I happened to work for micromanaged the team instead of educated or mentored. The way he spoke to some of the engineers was like he had no respect for them or even was willing to help fix the gaps they had in their performance. One second he is throwing you under the bus second he is questioning your knowledge and telling you you are wrong, but not following it up with a WHY?
Pros
Cons
Management Treatment within certain groups
Career advancement is not available here. Many people here still working as contractors but they will never become full time. Relaxed culture, but workload is high, management is careless and do not reward the good hardworking workers. Only time you'll get any feedback from one of management here is negative feedback, always. Management knows the culture is toxic, they just don't care.
Pros
Lucky if you're a full-time/non contractor
Cons
Soul crushing paycheck
Strict rules and regulations, awesome team, Client Centric, Inspirational and motivational peers and management, great environment, loved the dress code and formality
Cons
As a Network Engineer it is a good platform to learn and show the skills and but the thing is that salary in this company less then the other company .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dimension Data?
we have nice work environment here, good to being with dimension data. work and management wise very happy to work with dimension data. Working hours and work culture all good.
Environnement de travail agréable. Opportunité, possibilité d'évolution. Salaire très bon comparé aux autres entreprise.
poor organization culture. Not family friendly. not healthy competition. People from Australia is managing this company and they really don't know what's going on locally and mess up the whole team here.
Pros
With the strong drive to hit the Margin. forces the company to do a lot of cost cutting affecting the capability to create process and buy/build tools. the lack of these items force the people to do more work and therefore affect work life balance.
การบริหารภายในองค์กรดี หัวหน้างานดี สวัสดิการดี สภาพแวดล้อมดี
One of a best company to work. Great work culture, good management, best salary among industry, best co-workers. Totally satisfied with nine years of association.
great working environment and their culture of the business is adaptable .i learned and lot still learning daily. the management is easy to approach
Pros
team building outing
Cons
flexible working hours
Enjoyed my time at DD, left to pursue a personal project. Would not have left the company had I not had a project of my own to complete. DD is the #1 company for which I have worked, I am proud to have been a part of it.
Pros
Social
Cons
not many
This is a great company. Good culture, capabilities and teamwork. Solid organization. Management supports teams. Leadership susinctly commnicated vision, strategy and progressive updates.
Pros
Creativity rewarded. Great work/life balance in a professional, collaborative environment.
Cons
None to speak of.
heavy on middle management, no advancement for true skilled workers, kiss butt to get ahead sort of thing, watch your back, folks will tear you up to look better
Pros
catered lunches
Cons
everything else
Fast pace, good management, potential for advancement, good work/life balance. Positive culture. Good opportunities for growth. Multi-cultural exposure.
While working at Dimension Data I gained invaluable on the job skills as a Network Field technician. The network team was committed to developing the skills of its employees.
  1. Employee reviews