Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews in Centreville, VA

Interesting work helping Dimension Data clients
I was free to create audits and processes that improved client savings substantially. I worked with the Dimension Data billing capture system to standardize billing descriptions across all vendors.
Pros
20 minutes from home
Cons
Not enough vacation time
Good work environment
Good work environment, but would like more room for growth within the company. I enjoyed the people I work with but sometimes I feel like there needs to be more communication between management and employees.
A Bit Monotonous, but the People Make Up for It.
Typical day at work was a bit monotonous, but the atmosphere was nice and they were very flexible about scheduling. Management was approachable and accessible. The workplace culture was very friendly and open. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the myriad exceptions created by the lack of standardized formats amongst the bills that came in. The atmosphere is probably the best part of the job. I didn't talk much, but everyone was very friendly.
Pros
Cafe downstairs, friendly management, nice environment
Cons
Short breaks, work can get monotonous
Good growing experience, but probably not typical for an employee.
I held an internship, so my day was probably not a typical experience of an employee. I assisted with updating documentation for process manuals, such as minor editing, updating pictures, and ensuring that the steps were still relevant and clear in the guides. Also, I worked researching the ordering process to help find what was issues were preventing them from proceeding.
Pros
Paid, variety of work, friendly coworkers
Great Workplace and Open-Minded and Welcoming Employees
Dimension Data has a great working environment. Everyone works together as a team and each department is there to help the other departments. This is a great example of a team-oriented company.
Pros
Great employees, workplace, kitchen
Cons
Contractors have no PTO, Entry-level contractors do not get much of a raise after the end of the initial contract
Fun Fast Paced Work Envirionment
I really enjoyed my time working with Dimension Data. I loved my team and we worked very well together. The reason I left this company is because the turnover rate in my department was a little high for my comfort. Instead of focusing on the work we had at hand, I was spending more time training new coworkers. The turnover rate was high because our department was seen as a "get your foot in the door" position so teammates were moving to a different department at the rate of one person per month.
Pros
Teammates, management
Cons
high turnover rate
Not bad
Overall, it's an ok company to work for, just happen to move out of the area. Nice co-workers, wish they would accept remote employee :)
Great work/life balance, benefits lack
Dimension Data, Centreville office has been and overall nice place to work. An explanation of benefits and opportunities within the company are seldom spoken about and compensation per market average are far below the norm.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Benefits and compensation
Desperate Seeking A Job
This environment is toxic. Unless you are in the inner circle and well liked you will forever have problems. Do not complain to HR you will wait 6 months for reply that reads. "No issues found" that does not even come from the HR person that was or is handing your concerns. As for calling the ethics hotline yet another joke... I was once called into a meeting and told turn off your phone and do not tape this conversation. In a call to ethics that was discussed so much for safe guarding the employees.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
management Favortism, unfair hiring/firing practices, did I mention management
Telecom Professional
Reliable, energetic, and highly talented Telecom Professional with immense experience in management and analytics is seeking a position within an innovative organization, where I may exercise my superior skills to achieve new milestones in the Telecommunications Industry.
Fast pace work invironment
Great place to work, if you're looking to further a career in Telecommunication expense management.
Pros
Good Compensation
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.