Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Initially solid until realignment and takeover
Fundamentals from a client value perspective continued to motivate Year-Over-Year growth and profit. After realignment and then acquisitions, the new culture fostered unknown employment status for growth, employee development and resulted in downsizing. At one point multiple departures, retirements and demotions from the CEO level and below.
Love it
Just a great company hands down. enjoy the benefits, the character of people. the facilities, the charity work, the diversity, inclusiveness, sustainability. Training programs are awesome too!
A company on the move
Bright Future for tech
Nice atmosphere

Continue to look to be on the cutting edge

Has combined with a number of companies to leverage expertise and experience.
Returns Department very unorganized
There is so much work that the RMA department is unorganized and all over the place. They will never be able to catch up. The manager is overwhelmed and the whole department needs to be cleaned up. There is no training. It is a sink or swim mentality. New hires are not given the tools to succeed. Training needs to be given so new hires can have a chance to succeed.
Pros
Overall good company
Cons
No training
Dimension Data has lost its way
With the change in executive management the individual has become unimportant. After 20 years, I have never experienced the organization in a worse position.
No Review
Great company to work for. Relaxed environment and exceptional leadership. As long as you do your job, work life is very stress less. I recommend this company to anyone.
Was a fine company to work at for a while
Flexible hours and allowed me to work remote. Manageable workloads and good upper management.
People always willing to help and assist if needed.

Good career paths set.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much upper management
"Accelerate your ambition"
Workplace culture can vary depending on office location. Overall, people are great to work with! Can be hard to manage work/life balance based on the role and responsibility you hold. Opportunity for career advancement, especially if you connect yourself with the "right" people. Time off is great, benefits are good. Compensation could be better - those hired externally often come in with higher pay or replace veterans that have been with the company for a long tenure.
Pros
People are great to work with
Cons
Recognition awards/programs could be better utilized, Same people in top executive management are promoted
Enjoyed my 17 years there.
Was a nice place to work. I enjoyed the interaction and support from my fellow employees. They offered many different training programs and encouraged taking advantage of opportunities to learn and advance your career.
noting bad to say
noting bad to say was a good place to work for the time I was there now that the client has left they didn't have anything with in my area that I wanted to be in.
I loved working here on a daily basis. There were always new challenges and new opportunities. My favorite part was the people I worked with and the clients we supported.
Pros
Flexible and allow growth
Cons
No cons
Great work place under wrong guidance
Great place to work but lacks in management therefore causes issues regarding advancement, values, and overall job expectations. Bad management causes employee to question value and in turn work quality reflects.
D Data
The management was not what i am used to. Contract job, training was so long and when we are on the floor they keep changing my hours and shifts, they keep changing what we need to say to customers.
Good Company to work for
Been with them for 5 years and they are a good company to work for. Good balance between life and work. Upbeat and multicultural office. Opportunity to work from home depending on department.
Can Be a Great Team Environment
I was brought into DD to save a client project (PetSmart) which was in great distress. Utilizing the skills I had developed on a project for 7-Eleven and other large organizations, DD gave me the freedom to build a deployment team of project coordinators, manage the vendor rack/stack field techs, and with the assistance of their internal PMO we had excellent success in reviving a troubled program and angry client. Under the mentoring guidance of PMO head Gerry Samchuck, I was given great deference in achieving similar successes for Xerox Corp, Compass Bank, Lexus Nexus, and an internationally-owned set of supermarket chains. Due to an economic downturn and change in PMO management, I was no longer needed. It was terribly unfortunate the manner in which I was let go after 6+ very productive years as a consultant and FTE.
Pros
Access to great clients, initially given great latitude to build project teams
Cons
Internal politics
Challenging position
This position has a steep learning curve. Each day is different. The training takes 3 weeks. The company provides the tools for you to be successful. You will be arranged account managers.
Pros
lunch, casual friday
Great place to work. Went through a couple of rifs this year due to poor business numbers, the last one of four impacted myself and some other very qualified individuals
More politics than work ethic
Good training but not rewarded for hard work. Politic alot with management and come with a work ethic you will do great. The next thing I would say it take a lot of notes.
N/a
Dimension Data is a great please to work. The work environment is very positive and the company is growing at a fast rate.
Great company in the past. Recent changes have negatively impacted the company as a whole. Including morale.
Good company. Great family/work balance. Many great team members.
Unfortunate changes recently proved to negatively impact the company as a whole.
Excellent company to work for!!
Great atmosphere and very intelligent staff. CEO held regular meetings to keep personal in the loop regarding the company’s business plan and growth from month to month.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.