Dimension Data Employee Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Dimension Data has lost its way
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC7 June 2019
With the change in executive management the individual has become unimportant. After 20 years, I have never experienced the organization in a worse position.
No Review
Cisco Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC7 May 2019
Great company to work for. Relaxed environment and exceptional leadership. As long as you do your job, work life is very stress less. I recommend this company to anyone.
Was a fine company to work at for a while
Senior GSC Systems Engineer II / O365 Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC15 February 2019
Flexible hours and allowed me to work remote. Manageable workloads and good upper management.
People always willing to help and assist if needed.
Good career paths set.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much upper management
"Accelerate your ambition"
Client Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC12 January 2019
Workplace culture can vary depending on office location. Overall, people are great to work with! Can be hard to manage work/life balance based on the role and responsibility you hold. Opportunity for career advancement, especially if you connect yourself with the "right" people. Time off is great, benefits are good. Compensation could be better - those hired externally often come in with higher pay or replace veterans that have been with the company for a long tenure.
Pros
People are great to work with
Cons
Recognition awards/programs could be better utilized, Same people in top executive management are promoted
Enjoyed my 17 years there.
VP/Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC24 October 2018
Was a nice place to work. I enjoyed the interaction and support from my fellow employees. They offered many different training programs and encouraged taking advantage of opportunities to learn and advance your career.
noting bad to say
MS Senior Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 282772 May 2018
noting bad to say was a good place to work for the time I was there now that the client has left they didn't have anything with in my area that I wanted to be in.
IT Service Desk Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC7 February 2018
I loved working here on a daily basis. There were always new challenges and new opportunities. My favorite part was the people I worked with and the clients we supported.
Pros
Flexible and allow growth
Cons
No cons
Great work place under wrong guidance
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC5 February 2018
Great place to work but lacks in management therefore causes issues regarding advancement, values, and overall job expectations. Bad management causes employee to question value and in turn work quality reflects.
D Data
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC12 December 2017
The management was not what i am used to. Contract job, training was so long and when we are on the floor they keep changing my hours and shifts, they keep changing what we need to say to customers.
Good Company to work for
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC1 March 2017
Been with them for 5 years and they are a good company to work for. Good balance between life and work. Upbeat and multicultural office. Opportunity to work from home depending on department.
Can Be a Great Team Environment
Deployment Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC27 February 2017
I was brought into DD to save a client project (PetSmart) which was in great distress. Utilizing the skills I had developed on a project for 7-Eleven and other large organizations, DD gave me the freedom to build a deployment team of project coordinators, manage the vendor rack/stack field techs, and with the assistance of their internal PMO we had excellent success in reviving a troubled program and angry client. Under the mentoring guidance of PMO head Gerry Samchuck, I was given great deference in achieving similar successes for Xerox Corp, Compass Bank, Lexus Nexus, and an internationally-owned set of supermarket chains. Due to an economic downturn and change in PMO management, I was no longer needed. It was terribly unfortunate the manner in which I was let go after 6+ very productive years as a consultant and FTE.
Pros
Access to great clients, initially given great latitude to build project teams
Cons
Internal politics
Challenging position
Inside Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC2 January 2017
This position has a steep learning curve. Each day is different. The training takes 3 weeks. The company provides the tools for you to be successful. You will be arranged account managers.
Pros
lunch, casual friday
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC. Framingham MA8 October 2016
Great place to work. Went through a couple of rifs this year due to poor business numbers, the last one of four impacted myself and some other very qualified individuals
More politics than work ethic
Invoicing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC12 June 2016
Good training but not rewarded for hard work. Politic alot with management and come with a work ethic you will do great. The next thing I would say it take a lot of notes.
N/a
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC23 March 2016
Dimension Data is a great please to work. The work environment is very positive and the company is growing at a fast rate.
Great company in the past. Recent changes have negatively impacted the company as a whole. Including morale.
PMO (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC20 March 2016
Good company. Great family/work balance. Many great team members.
Unfortunate changes recently proved to negatively impact the company as a whole.
Excellent company to work for!!
Collections / Lead Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC6 February 2016
Great atmosphere and very intelligent staff. CEO held regular meetings to keep personal in the loop regarding the company’s business plan and growth from month to month.
Productive environment
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC18 November 2015
Great place to work initially. Mergers and acquisitions have created fast growth that company culture hasn't caught up with.
Pros
challenging, goals given for performance
Cons
Management doesn't encourage company structure below company officers
Professional Company
credit analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC8 November 2015
Excellent place to work, work life balance, team focus and growth. Growing and expanding to Global Markets........................
Work Hard Play Hard
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC8 June 2015
This is a wonderful global company to work for. Work and personal life balance is great. People are great, just like family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.