Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews in Reston, VA

Reston, VA7 reviews
easy to find jobs
learned to grab more information from team members, acquired knowledge to learn new things

hardest part might be running out of time to deploy the application to be delivered

i enjoy myself to be self motivated to get job satisfaction,
Productive and competitive workplace
Fast pace, good management, potential for advancement, good work/life balance. Positive culture. Good opportunities for growth. Multi-cultural exposure.
Highly Political Organization
Very political organization with weak management. If your manager is weak good people will be sacrificed to any neigh Sayers.

Extra fees and surcharges are added to customers’ bills making the products more expensive than competitors.

As the company struggles, good (more expensive) people are being replaced with less qualified employees.
Pros
Good technology
Cons
razor thin margins = low compensation
CLM division was not incorporated into the DD Culture
The people were great, but the overall experience was somewhat dysfunctional. Change and growth were difficult to drive, the old "if it is not broke don't fix it" mentality when trying to improve processes and system functionality.
Pros
The People
Cons
Work Live Balance
Good company with lots of talented individuals working which you can learn from.
the company is reasonably present on all major cites in the US and other parts of the world.
Collaborative and warm environment
I would look forward to going to work daily. There were six Help Desk Agents on our team, and we all worked together. The amazing thing about working for DD is that each agent complemented one another. I would come in the office first because I took the early shift, and review our mailbox, and also check for other outstanding tickets. Because I came in early I was able to brief the other agents on major outages, and infrastructure changes. Various issues would be reported daily such as, printer issues, Outlook issues, and even password reset request. Although sometimes things were challenging I was able to preserve until a resolution was met.
A Very Global Organization
This is a very unique workplace as the structure is global. What I do affects our implementation across multiple regions around the globe. A good place to work and learn the different business structure of people around the world.
Pros
telecommute, flexi-schedule
Cons
employee benefits are standard
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.