Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews in San Diego, CA

San Diego, CA4 reviews
There are a lot of changes taking place at Dimension Data which are driven by acquisitions of other companies such as Nexus IS. When they acquired Nexus IS, it was clear that Dimension Data was not set up to handle professional services at the level that Nexus was accustomed to. This is causing a great imbalance in delivery and successful execution.

I have learned a great deal of things while at Dimension Data . Biggest area of growth for me are Cisco and our Professional Services/Managed services. These areas excite me as they can heavily impact corporations business objectives.

My manager is an all around good person. He's personable and caring.

I work with a lot of good people around me. People who care about doing good work. That's inspiring to me and helps me drive harder in acquiring new customers.

Hardest part of the job right now is our ability to deliver on the professional sales I'm providing. I'm heavily involved selling services/managed services and we do not have enough resources to timely implement solutions we're selling. This is impacting further sales.

I would have to say that helping existing or new customers become more efficient and effective delivering their company's business objective, is the best part of my job. That's what wakes me up every day.
My direct management was excellent and overall I enjoyed working for the company but be wary the entire US/UK and Canada groups of my division were suddenly laid off without warning. Our job responsibilities were transferred to our Indian team to cut salary costs. I understand cutting costs and outsourcing but to walk into work one day and be told that you are laid off effective immediately left a sour taste in my mouth. My last job gave us 6 months warning, letting us know that our job would be outsourced. That was more than fair.
Pros
excellent work life balance and direct management
Cons
suddenly laid off without warning
I worked at Dimension Data for 3+ years. My direct management was excellent. Be wary of upper management in other countries. The entire US/UK and Canada workforce was suddenly laid off and our job responsibilities transferred to our India team.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
being laid off suddenly without warning left a bitter taste in my mouth. No class to this company.
Perhaps not reflective of Dimension Data, but worked for a smaller company that it had acquired. They were trying to get some process in place, but I never felt the executives supported the PMO.