Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Head of Operations Sales, Customer Care, Business Intelligence, and Finance Strong leadership, goal focused, people first and customer first BPO industry, call centre operations management Flexible office hours
Excellent company to work for, they take care of their employees and gives them freedom to express themselves and show initiative and is open to new ideas.
As a trainer/facilitator, i need to ensure that my objectives for the day is set out. i need to ensure that i cover the day's content and that my learners have a clear understanding of what was trained.
Pros
working hours
Cons
leadership
Generally a good company to work for. Merit over politics. Great working ethic. Good culture. Globally recognised. Good benefits . Good work /Life balance
Pros
My Manager was a great leader
Cons
I didnt get the salary increase for my promotion
Good learning place but DD Cape Town, not a good place for young black pro. Qualifications means nothing. Only place i saw interns with qualifications teach L2 engineers without papers work.
Pros
Exposure to good tech
Cons
Limited to what you can do
Great place to learn and grow your career, lot of after hours work so less time with the family, the work culture is great a lot of highly talented individuals working at Dimension Data Cape Won
Start at 05:30 in the morning and work till 16:00 is a normal day, we work on a lot of different CCTV systems, so everyday there is something new, management could be better but only because they have an non technical person in charge of technical people.
great working environment and their culture of the business is adaptable .i learned and lot still learning daily. the management is easy to approach
Pros
team building outing
Cons
flexible working hours
A day at work would comprise of dealing with issues on a daily basis, when not dealing with issues, possibly reading up on new technology and efficient way of doing things and quickening process to ensure easier deployments. Hardest part of the job would be teaching people but parting ways due to them receiving better opportunities especially if you've invested quite a bit of time into people. Enjoyable part is where a project ends and the results is exactly what was expected.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dimension Data?
Liase with clients - network systems Learned about IT Very good management Productive workplace culture Upmarket company with high standards to work for and very enjoyable
Pros
Very good company to work for
Cons
Obtaining information needed to prepare in-house training programs. Preparing training materials Develop course content Determining training methodologies Coordinate the development of training aids
Dimension Data definitely had a great culture , one that made you want to come to work and that made you feel like you are part of a bigger picture. They definitely have the right attitude for work at this call centre
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Irregular hours
Enjoyed working at Dimension Data, very nice office at Observatory. Everybody is friendly, working very nicely together with everyone. Very nice canteen and they are the main Tech Sponsor of the Tour De France.
Multiple clients, multiple issues all at ones. Each engineer need to manage his own workload. Very good experience and having a multi skill set really helps.
Pros
petrol allowance
Cons
I am a very hard worker, and will do my job to the best of my ability. I will strive to be the best colleague and worker needed to do specific job, I will also be a role model to my colleague because I would like them to look up to me as a hard worker and try to strive for perfection as I do.
I loved working for dimension data. Loved my colleagues. Good environment to grow. Always had the enployees interest at heart. Management always had the colleagues best interest.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Dimension Data is a great please to work for. They have a warm culture. Management are always willing to help and put their people first
Good infrastructure and culture. Flexible working hours. great management team. Salaries average. Good teamwork and support. Enjoyed my time at the company tremendously even though it was only a contract position.
Busy from the time you get to work I learnt something new everyday Management was brilliant My Co-workers was very helpful and friendly since day one A lot of work and too little time in the day I enjoyed being busy all day and speaking to people in different countries
Pros
Learning something new on a daily bases
Cons
A fun environment to work in overall, with its expected ups and downs just like any job you get into.
Pros
Extremely fun environment
Cons
My day normally starts with planning and organizing what lies ahead for the day. We generally facilitate all information sharing sessions and need to report on this to the business at the end of day. This means that we need to accurately assess the knowledge and skills that we have trained. This allows for continuous inter-action with our colleagues which is great as this has helped to build my credibility in the business unit. I have become a trusted contact point when it comes to business updates as all department queries are directed to me for clarity and verification. I work with a team of 3 Trainers and we have managed to become fairly well managed with regards to our daily routines and deliverables. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am able to make a difference with regards to imparting new knowledge and skills and then see the colleague grow and prosper in the business.
Pros
Good development opportunities
Cons
Possible Shift work
  1. Cape Town, Western Cape