Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Fast paced
Ever changing - innovative - good work vibes.
Nice office space and location.

Technology is heavy component of the workplace.

Collaborative work experience
Stressful and challenging
Dimension Data is an extremely demanding place to work. The expectations put on employees are very high. Because it's a global community, employees are expected to be available at all times, regardless of personal commitments such as looking after children. So that was very challenging. The work was exciting and rewarding at times, but it could be extremely stressful at times.
Competitive
Everything at dimension data was standard. From stock taking you can't wait for long. Always be on time on sites. Training available for free for the technicians
Pros
I was happy with the management, my colleagues always share the ideas before we start the project
Cons
No comments
Productive and exciting
I really enjoyed working with different people willing to learn as we had everyday sessions of learning and getting training the environment is healthy and exciting you look forward to coming to work everyday
Room for improvement
The work culture and the people make this one of the greatest places to work, the experience gained is invaluable and there are many avenues to pursue.

The one area that needs work is the retention of good staff and helping to guide staff "new" to corporate, on their career options and allowing them to have a more holistic view.
Pros
Great staff benefits
Cons
High pressure
Dimension Data Review
Typical day involves the looking after the various clients.

Learned that I wanted to move into Azure / virtualization side of microsoft

Management tended not to listen to much to employees.

Work place culture was one where things were boring.

Hardest part of the job was arriving at work

The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure clients got what they paid for.
Pros
making sure the clients were happy
Cons
Working in an enviroment where it was managments way or no way at all
Challenging and rewarding environment
My time at Dimension Data was great as i learnt alot of new skills and expanded on existing skills. I was challenged and stretched in my role but i was never given or considered for any career advancement as my management did not consider and was not interested in advancing employees. I worked long hours and was always declined my leave, but i delivered some world first in terms of projects on a global scale. My team that i managed was phenomenal and we were not just colleagues but a family and good friends. Rest of the organization was very bureaucratic.
Cons
Long Hours, below market related pay
Work hard Play Hard
• Monitoring and Support of Customer Citrix environments (XenApp, XenDesktop)

•Constantly make recommendations for user and systems enhanced experience.

Weekly drinks and BBQ's for socializing.
Pros
Weekly drinks and BBQ's for socializing.
Cons
Work life balance
great
it was a great place to work at very energetic,
the work was challenging as it was only night shift, the contact centre was servicing USA based clients
Pros
great working enviroments
Cons
working hours
Productive well organised company with lot of fun inside
Dimensiondata is a service delivery, no matter how great and organisation can be, there will be days where the client wont be 100% satisfied, or have to wake up in the middle of the night and provide and urgent service. We once had to all wake up at 2am on a Saturday to prevent all our client from a virus.
We have fun days, social club where we just have fun.
Pros
Lunch, team building, clients taking us out, Gifts
Cons
Healthcare
Work hard Play hard
With DD there is never a dull moment. the exposure is great and you learn by being thrown in the deep end. It is a very exciting work environment but also very stressful due to the type of clients and vast depth of tech and services they have to offer. If you want to grow and advance your career I cannot think of a better company. The staff and management are friendly, but very entrepreneurial focused.
Pros
Career advancement and technical expertise. Working with the best in the industry
Cons
The pressure and stress of work commitments never stops
Dimension data / standard bank (project 360)
I was contacted by prior Management to come and assist a project team at Standard Bank as there Project Administrator quite on short notice.

My role was to upload all project documentation as well as to finalise data for final project roll outs.

The project was successfully rolled out and completed as set out in the project scope.
Pros
Learned New skills
Cons
Was only part of the project for a short while
Hard Paced and Driven, Competive
Dimension Data is a Driven company with a strong drive to succeed in all that it does, it aims to perform at peak always and ensures that it provides best in breed for its clients at all times.
Pros
Clients first
Cons
People sometimes get lost in the mix but the company strives to correct that consistently.
stricked place to work in
Enjoyed the work however the human culture amongs the staff was not present. Management worked very well with their staff members and motivated us to grow
Pros
family days
Fun place to work
I didn't spend much time at Dimension Data. Being office bound is not my cup of tea. I did learn a lot about I.T. but that's as far as it goes. It was a nice place to work though.
Productive workplace with great experience to be gained by the IT Professional.
Dimension Data is a great place to work, you will be exposed to the latest technology in the industry and will gain valuable work experience to further your career.
Contracted Via Dimension Data to Customer site
I work in a a structured and corporate enviroment. I attend to daily issue and ensure that all IT matter are reported and attended to. I manage myself and do my own time management.
great company to work for
Dimension Data opened so many doors for me and this is due to their wide client base as well as their wide tech vase. Its a great company with great people and I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
massive opportunities
Cons
They could do more with mentoring people a bit more.
All business while i was there
I was contracted to work out of the office at a customer site so was more engaged with the customer than with the management of dimension data. Again the main concern for the company is the bottom line, all else is secondary.
Flexible time and relaxed environment
Daily Checks,
Troubleshooting,

mentoring,

Documentation,

Coffee/Lunch breaks with colleague.

Attend Training's.

Flexible timing
Pros
Fee Coffee, Play Golf
Good for those that wanna learn tech
Great company to work for,

good leadership,

excellent challenges if you really wanna challenge yourself.

great work life balance
Pros
Good Mentoring
Cons
Limited Structured Learning
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.