Dimension Data Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Productive and exciting
Call Centre Agent (Inbound) (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 November 2019
I really enjoyed working with different people willing to learn as we had everyday sessions of learning and getting training the environment is healthy and exciting you look forward to coming to work everyday
Dimension Data Review
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg8 January 2019
Typical day involves the looking after the various clients.

Learned that I wanted to move into Azure / virtualization side of microsoft

Management tended not to listen to much to employees.

Work place culture was one where things were boring.

Hardest part of the job was arriving at work

The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure clients got what they paid for.
Pros
making sure the clients were happy
Cons
Working in an enviroment where it was managments way or no way at all
Challenging and rewarding environment
Global Infrastructure and Network Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 August 2018
My time at Dimension Data was great as i learnt alot of new skills and expanded on existing skills. I was challenged and stretched in my role but i was never given or considered for any career advancement as my management did not consider and was not interested in advancing employees. I worked long hours and was always declined my leave, but i delivered some world first in terms of projects on a global scale. My team that i managed was phenomenal and we were not just colleagues but a family and good friends. Rest of the organization was very bureaucratic.
Cons
Long Hours, below market related pay
Work hard Play Hard
Citrix Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng24 July 2018
• Monitoring and Support of Customer Citrix environments (XenApp, XenDesktop)

•Constantly make recommendations for user and systems enhanced experience.

Weekly drinks and BBQ's for socializing.
Pros
Weekly drinks and BBQ's for socializing.
Cons
Work life balance
great
Second in Charge Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 April 2018
it was a great place to work at very energetic,
the work was challenging as it was only night shift, the contact centre was servicing USA based clients
Pros
great working enviroments
Cons
working hours
Productive well organised company with lot of fun inside
Systems Engineer (SCCM) (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Brayanston, South Africa12 March 2018
Dimensiondata is a service delivery, no matter how great and organisation can be, there will be days where the client wont be 100% satisfied, or have to wake up in the middle of the night and provide and urgent service. We once had to all wake up at 2am on a Saturday to prevent all our client from a virus.
We have fun days, social club where we just have fun.
Pros
Lunch, team building, clients taking us out, Gifts
Cons
Healthcare
Work hard Play hard
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 December 2017
With DD there is never a dull moment. the exposure is great and you learn by being thrown in the deep end. It is a very exciting work environment but also very stressful due to the type of clients and vast depth of tech and services they have to offer. If you want to grow and advance your career I cannot think of a better company. The staff and management are friendly, but very entrepreneurial focused.
Pros
Career advancement and technical expertise. Working with the best in the industry
Cons
The pressure and stress of work commitments never stops
Dimension data / standard bank (project 360)
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa19 September 2017
I was contacted by prior Management to come and assist a project team at Standard Bank as there Project Administrator quite on short notice.

My role was to upload all project documentation as well as to finalise data for final project roll outs.

The project was successfully rolled out and completed as set out in the project scope.
Pros
Learned New skills
Cons
Was only part of the project for a short while
Hard Paced and Driven, Competive
Delivery Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng15 August 2017
Dimension Data is a Driven company with a strong drive to succeed in all that it does, it aims to perform at peak always and ensures that it provides best in breed for its clients at all times.
Pros
Clients first
Cons
People sometimes get lost in the mix but the company strives to correct that consistently.
stricked place to work in
Call Centre Agent (SERVICE NOW SYSTEM) (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 July 2017
Enjoyed the work however the human culture amongs the staff was not present. Management worked very well with their staff members and motivated us to grow
Pros
family days
Fun place to work
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng30 May 2017
I didn't spend much time at Dimension Data. Being office bound is not my cup of tea. I did learn a lot about I.T. but that's as far as it goes. It was a nice place to work though.
Productive workplace with great experience to be gained by the IT Professional.
Principal Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 May 2017
Dimension Data is a great place to work, you will be exposed to the latest technology in the industry and will gain valuable work experience to further your career.
Contracted Via Dimension Data to Customer site
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa9 March 2017
I work in a a structured and corporate enviroment. I attend to daily issue and ensure that all IT matter are reported and attended to. I manage myself and do my own time management.
great company to work for
Dimension Data opened so many doors for me and this is due to their wide client base as well as their wide tech vase. Its a great company with great people and I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
massive opportunities
Cons
They could do more with mentoring people a bit more.
All business while i was there
Onsite Datacenter Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng18 December 2016
I was contracted to work out of the office at a customer site so was more engaged with the customer than with the management of dimension data. Again the main concern for the company is the bottom line, all else is secondary.
Flexible time and relaxed environment
L2 Virtualization and Storage Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg , South Africa24 November 2016
Daily Checks,
Troubleshooting,
mentoring,
Documentation,
Coffee/Lunch breaks with colleague.
Attend Training's.
Flexible timing
Pros
Fee Coffee, Play Golf
Good for those that wanna learn tech
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johanneburg18 November 2016
Great company to work for,

good leadership,
excellent challenges if you really wanna challenge yourself.
great work life balance
Pros
Good Mentoring
Cons
Limited Structured Learning
Productive, Business Acumen, Passion for Business operations.
Operations Incident manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 November 2016
Friendly co-workers
Have to deliver at a pressurized times
Co-workers follow the company values
Most enjoyable is learning new things at a short space of time.
Pros
free Lunches
Cons
Long hrs
Productive and fun working place
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 August 2016
I am part of the projects team which our client is City of Joburg , any call logged for more than 5 users is called a project , depending on which department it is , one has to go through training on how the system works , after the training we deploy machines according to the site and rights allocated to the right given .

I have learnt that everyday has its own problems and that face every challenge head on and always consult where one doesn't understand for a clear picture of what is required to execute a task given .

When working with people , respect of the individuals believe and religion is needed .

When we go to site we portray ourselves in a profession manner and dress code which does not distort the company name and its reputable work .
Pros
Travel
Cons
Target for the day
challenging and fun
Project Technical Specialist Support (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 June 2016
my typical day at work is working with a group of talented engineers, learning from each other and working together to the same goal of providing best service to our client. i work with an experienced team and together with my fun, versatile working style we create a really good team. the challenges we get is working in with different environments where we continuously disagree on whose fault is on and then we prove our concepts and technology, that is both fun and challenging. however at the end we all have to keep the client happy and ensure minimal downtime as possible
Pros
petrol card
Cons
standby and overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.