Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews for Account Manager

Account Manager7 reviews
Fast paced environment, with information technology always changing and updating.

Never stopped learning

My manager is excellent and was sad to be leaving his mentorship, enthusiasm and work culture.
Benefits
I worked for Dimension Data for 1 year. They bought out the company I worked for. We were promised 1 year from the date of the merger, we would be employed. 1 year to the date they started laying people off.50-75 at a time. From what I understand, there are very few left that worked for the company I worked for..
Pros
Great salary and benifits
Cons
Could be laid off any day without warning
Management didn't really know what they wanted, the business didn't know what direction it wanted to head in. Culture was non existent. I don't think the business knows what direction it is heading in.
Pros
working from home
Cons
lack of strategy
Pressue of work is 24x7 , even if you are on holiday or weekend. Tasks come anytime and need to be executed immediately. Work life balance is very poor and leads to severe stress.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Stress
As an inside sales rep, you support outside reps you take you for granted. Management didn't care cause the reps were hitting the numbers. Nexus was a good place to work, went down hill when bought by DD.
During my past 25 years it is evident that Contact Centres and Customer experience are my passion.

I have occupied roles from agent to GM Customer Centricity and account manager.

The learnings at Hollard and University of Pretoria will be very applicable to this role.

It is very clear that the customer dictates how and when they will be serviced.

We know there is a very clear move to the digital channels.

To have a dedicated role for customer complaints ( maybe customer feedback) is critical.

Every piece of information you receive behind the mask of a complaint is vital information on how to improve your business operations.

There is no better feeling when you can "save" a client and retain that business.

My experience has taught me very well what works and what does not.

Customers are your business and without very clear planning they will dictate your daily events.

With a proper plan in place - you will know how to deal with all customer complaints / feedback.
Pros
Diversity that each day brings
Cons
Sometimes - the "client is not right"
Work at DD, was good, learnt sales pipeline management tool - Sales force. My line manager and colleagues provided good support for my success.
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
None that I can remember