Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews for Client Specialist

This position has a steep learning curve. Each day is different. The training takes 3 weeks. The company provides the tools for you to be successful. You will be arranged account managers.
Pros
lunch, casual friday
Dimension Data is a worldwide entity that caters to their clients needs. I've learned alot at this company that I would not have received at any other global company. They take the time to train you into a employee for the future.
Dimension Data is a great place to work because is a company that cares about its employees, the managers are respectful and the no doors policy makes you feel there is no differences between each other.
A typical workday consist of Business Development procatices through contact with your Technology Partners or OEM's to position Dimension Data as a VAR of choice, as well as meetings developed or set with Multi-National or Global clients to disucss their Technology Infrastructure or Services requiremetns and Dimension Data's capabilities to deliver those requirements.I learned more about International Business, challenges and obstacles that we overcame, as well as the acumen to work with various organizations and cultures.We were a start-up group in the Western Region of the United States and management along with the client management staff were all new to the organization and processes. Unfortunately, we did not have the tenured leader in the environment to lead the direction of the group the Dimension Data way. However, my direct manager was very well thought out in his leadership and ownership of oour team.My co-workers were a solid mix of varied experiences in the industry, and all had a solid success track record in their various careers. They were hard working and goal driven. Great all-around people.The hardest part of the job was that the resources needed to deliver on the various projects we were able to secure were not necessarily available and Dimension Data was not always able to deliver them. We often found ourselves in a difficult position with displeased clients. Also, most of the training on Dimension Data processes took place via online edubytes that were stored on the company intranet. There were not many contacts that could deliver the information - more...
Pros
managing fortune 200 - 3000 global accounts
Cons
compensation did not match job description, work-life balance was horrible