Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews for Desktop Support Technician

Desktop Support Technician10 reviews
I've learned a lot from this company about IT related. I meet some people who are excellent in network department and systems department. They share their skills to me.
Pros
free parking
Cons
15 hours
They started strong but as the project went on they slowly let people go and passed their responsibilities onto the remaining employees. They became more profit focused and less customer focused.
great working environment and their culture of the business is adaptable .i learned and lot still learning daily.
the management is easy to approach
Pros
team building outing
Cons
flexible working hours
- You know what you came to do at work and there's no one nagging you or always monitoring you they expect you to productive at what you do.

- Dimension Data focuses on IT related solutions not too much into politics hence acquired too much IT knowledge from the company.

- The management creates a conducive working environment to work in they are not nagging they know what they expect from you and they give support. '

- I really enjoy the workplace culture in Dimension Data I recommend it for everyone who would like to join the company.

- The contractual jobs for me were the hardest part of the job because the job security otherwise my experience Dimension Data was a good one.

- Not being micro managed was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Learning something new everyday
Cons
Contract work
"Good Company to startup your career in Networking".Good Opportunities to learn many things. Excellent place for Cisco Engineers.Company is Cisco partner, many things to learn here.
Dimension Data for me personally was a great place to start my IT career. Great experienced people whom I learnt so much from both personally and career wise.
We generally attend to incident calls, resolve them as per SLA. When there is less calls we set up PCs for the new users and upgrades for the existing ones.
I have learned how to prioritize and to manage a large amount of calls. Time management and ability of getting things right the first time.

I very much enjoy with my team as they are open and share ideas and knowledge.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with arrogant and ignorant users.

The exciting part is that we dealing with different issues everyday and the challenges that we get, plus having to know that you give solution to what others consider so difficult
• Installed desktop and server platforms
• Investigated and reported on incidents relating to server, desktop and telephony queries

• Liaised with 3rd party vendors to resolve escalated and problems and queries.

• Developed and maintained a professional working relationship with the client

• Retrieved calls emanating from the Business unit on the NICE or other voice logger

• Resolved all calls logged by the call center agents and Back Office staff, relating to desktop issues and ensuring done within SLA

• Confirmed Call resolution with client before resolving of the call on Radical.
Good working place and also opportunity for more learning a new things also.
Pros
Freedom of enjoyments after completion work
Cons
sometimes become tired
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dimension Data?
Nothing to learn more..so much process on site..co workers are good ,helping nature.