Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews for Field Service Engineer

Had 5 or 6 site visits per week, repairing Cisco servers and network devices. Learned about Cisco server break/fix. Management was laid back and very worker-friendly. Had a remote team across the country and 1 other local team member. Hardest part of the job was working with overseas support and Cisco deciding that they didn't need for my company to maintain people that they recently hired. Most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment that providing my skills to get the job done gave me.
Pros
Low pressure
Cons
At the mercy of Cisco, could not keep me employed.
Good working, quiet, friendly environment Relaxed atmosphere Great benefits Learned new things Busy but manageable Understanding people Helpful people
I work in a a structured and corporate enviroment. I attend to daily issue and ensure that all IT matter are reported and attended to. I manage myself and do my own time management.
Starting at this company was exiting, but now I realized that there is no room for advancement, based on my location and position...
Working at coca cola south africa is very demanding. My duties involve supporting a large number of users with their everyday computer needs. I work with 2 other people in the IT department, who also assist.
12 to 15 hour days production line was a learning exeperience never worked at a production company before , Co wokrers were great people to work with, some became best friends
Pros
great managers
Cons
micro manage
1.Hard work with no time to rest2. Learnt alot3. Unfair management4. Co-workers were great except management5. Swallowing the fact that i had no say or no room for movement6. Learning the job,liasing with different people and learning different cultures
Pros
weekends
Cons
no room for improvement
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dimension Data?