It's good to explore and polish your skills of PM in DD due to it's diversity in different industry which also make you feel more pressure and less family time. Pay grade is average but career growth seems to be slow. Turnover rate is, I believe, the same as other SIs.
I would like to venture into a different challenge, having surplus in fiber optics and networking (Structured Cabling).
i hope i can get a chance to grow my career as well as offer some professional expertise i have acquired for the years.
Team building and a lot of consultations between Juniors and Seniors
- learn a new things on PMP
- teamwork and good in communication
- SOP clear for each of the process
- Trust each others in the company
- leadership in Dimension Data
- Enjoyable and Fun during working and after work
Dimension Data have a professional approach to project delivery. They have robust and clearly defined processes and methodologies across all areas (internal and client-facing). Pleasant working environment.
This environment is toxic. Unless you are in the inner circle and well liked you will forever have problems. Do not complain to HR you will wait 6 months for reply that reads. "No issues found" that does not even come from the HR person that was or is handing your concerns. As for calling the ethics hotline yet another joke... I was once called into a meeting and told turn off your phone and do not tape this conversation. In a call to ethics that was discussed so much for safe guarding the employees.
management Favortism, unfair hiring/firing practices, did I mention management
Typical was to:
Aim to adhere as key roles and responsibilities:
• Act as a corporate citizen
• Act as leader in required situations
• Define and manage project scope
• Plan and develop project schedule
• Manage project finances
• Monitor and control a project
• Manage project communication and documentation
• Ensure client satisfaction
• Demonstrate an understanding of required methodologies
Meeting and engaging with great people. working remotely
Unrealistic expectations. sometimes travelling away from home