Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews for Senior Client Manager

Too big
Senior Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA30 June 2018
Company was too big. A lot of middle management that really did nothing that I could see. Internal processes bogged you down so once you closed a deal it was often hard to get the order placed than it was to win the business.
Pros
Cons
Too big
Dimension Data provides great training and allows autonomy of their employees. Good management and a good company to work for.
Senior Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA29 April 2018
Solid technical resources and training. Management allows employees to be autonomous in their work routine and activities. A high focus on results, not minutia.
Pros
Reaining and technical resources
Cons
High turnover
Highly Political Organization
Sr. Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA13 June 2017
Very political organization with weak management. If your manager is weak good people will be sacrificed to any neigh Sayers.

Extra fees and surcharges are added to customers’ bills making the products more expensive than competitors.

As the company struggles, good (more expensive) people are being replaced with less qualified employees.
Pros
Good technology
Cons
razor thin margins = low compensation
productive and fun place to work at!
Senior Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL24 October 2016
Good overall company but 4 RIF's in one year tell a story of upper management style. Enjoyed my co works and a very fast pace work environment
Pros
Great people to work with within the company
Cons
DD is starting to turn into a turn and burn place to work at!
Trying to establish their presence in North Texas
Sr Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX18 July 2016
Potential is being established Organization is being put into place

Once the vision is supported by the organization great success will follow
Pros
Vision is great
Cons
Not yet organized to provide vision to the North Texas Marketplace
Dimension Data - Client Executive
Senior Client Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA8 April 2016
There are a lot of changes taking place at Dimension Data which are driven by acquisitions of other companies such as Nexus IS. When they acquired Nexus IS, it was clear that Dimension Data was not set up to handle professional services at the level that Nexus was accustomed to. This is causing a great imbalance in delivery and successful execution.

I have learned a great deal of things while at Dimension Data . Biggest area of growth for me are Cisco and our Professional Services/Managed services. These areas excite me as they can heavily impact corporations business objectives.

My manager is an all around good person. He's personable and caring.

I work with a lot of good people around me. People who care about doing good work. That's inspiring to me and helps me drive harder in acquiring new customers.

Hardest part of the job right now is our ability to deliver on the professional sales I'm providing. I'm heavily involved selling services/managed services and we do not have enough resources to timely implement solutions we're selling. This is impacting further sales.

I would have to say that helping existing or new customers become more efficient and effective delivering their company's business objective, is the best part of my job. That's what wakes me up every day.