Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews for Senior Network Engineer

Great company to work for in regards to people, company incentives, and opportunities to learn so much. My resume was easily enhanced from all the opportunities available to take advantage of. We were challenged constantly to be innovative and present efficient ways to improve on our services. I enjoyed the constant challenge.
Pros
Free Fruits and Coffee, Great work environment
Cons
Short Breaks, Lack of Stress Management
Good things about Dimension Data -> Management is good! Work environment is amazing. Flexible work from home policy. Interview process was fast. Payscale is good too.
I was placed on site site at customer and spent little time in the company. I guess becaouse of its footprint there are opportunities open globally for technical posts.
Pros
Not approachable
Cons
Not having a direct report.
Wonderful place to work, very productive environment. Very good management and a good place to learn with multiple opportunities to grow with in the organiation
Senior Network Engineer with extensive hands on design and experience with a vast knowledge of network communications. With experience in all major field in the IT field, from desktops to servers, to Networks! An Enthusiastic team player with excellent interpersonal skills that is deadline driven. I have a solid background of knowledge and I am meticulous about my work.
Technically challenging projects but with issues on job security as it depends with the client's commitment with the project duration. Else, the company is an ideal work for, for technical skills advancement.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
have to abide with the client's culture
We worked normal 8 hours a day. though most of the time we worked over time due to unexpected results and SLA's. I learnt a lot on the importance of team work, company culture and policies, the importance of customer support and understanding the modules of each client and adapting to it. The hardest part was to be thrown in the deep end and taking charge of a new product or system which give me more joy and taking full responsibility of it. The most enjoyable part was the archievements we made and reaching our SLA's was awesome
Pros
We worked under pressure so lunch to us come once in a while by choice
Cons
Long our are ours our cup of time. Am always target focused with perfection
Great Technical exposure Technical staff can get opportunity to work on any cutting edge technology. Very much particular about compensation.HR, Finance are very much clear and process oriented, Poor Work life balance
Pros
Great Technical exposure
Cons
Poor Work life balance
Good company with lots of talented individuals working which you can learn from. the company is reasonably present on all major cites in the US and other parts of the world.
It was process oriented job more than technical . that why i left the job . Also i was not feeling comfortable with working from home . Also it was some kind of repeating job
Management & leadership is good. Good work environment. Growth is slow. Good company to work with. Had a good experience.
If you are part of DD payroll you have good benefits. Salary offered will be good but the same doesn't reflect on your pay slip as they have 80% salary & 20%Variable pay which depends on business performance. out of 20%, you will never get the full amount HR is called people & culture here who are worth for nothing. Every month you have to keep begging for collecting your sodexo. You are never treated good here!
Pros
Free snacks & cabs during night shifts
Cons
No cabs during morning shift & not employee friendly
It was very nice experience with DD Management was awesome Team was very nice The first day in the production I was engaged in continuous eight hours call.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
felicities
Excellent place to work with friendly teammates and good chance to improve my knowledge in Data Centre and Wireless technologies.
I am Hard working and Team Player fun to work with team.Dimension Data is a great place to work with great team of management and colleagues
We have a very diverse working environment and also have benefits such as work from home which is huge. A lot of companies here do not embrace work from home policies. I get to work with colleagues from all over the world and this makes the job even more enjoyable.
Pros
work from home