Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews for Support Engineer

Productive and Relaxed Work environment
As long as work is completed on time there are no problems and you can relax until the next call comes in. No worries about tattoo's or piercings. Monthly the management arranges some kind of event for the employee's to take part in which is fun.
Pros
Events often take place
Cons
Lots of overtime if work needs to get done.
Management issues
Salary there are lot of deduction. Particularly in cloud services management is not up to the mark. they never bothered about neither employees nor clients, we lost lots of clients due to miss management .
Good teamwork and collaboration
I enjoyed my time at DimensionData the job was varied and challenging.
There are some very good individuals here that have inspired me. I would have liked to have had more options to diversify to other products and technology’s.
This company struggles integrating acquisitions into the business.
Some positions and processes need to be refined. There needs to be more forethought when integrating clients into ServiceNow.Working in the ticketing system requires a certain knowledgeability of the individual user so to not 'work' tickets incorrectly. This causes confusion. The ticketing system should be thought out with the SOM and SOP so that the right group is involved with the solutions rather than an individual's personal knowledge of an environment.
Benefit
They have nice people and very good benefit, especially they have medical coverage for all dependent of the employee. they also have educational system to enhance the knowledge.
Pros
Good benefit
Life at Dimension
On a typical day for example 6am -2pm shift.
Get to work early ofcourse log in and take over from the last person who was on duty,with the guidance of the handover which every team recieves depending on the workload.I have learned the important of how you conduct yourself espicially when dealing with critical clients.Mangement plays a huge role in our daily activities,they assist us with anything we might have problems with,they have more experince and are more knowledgeable of the environment. The hardest part of the job is when it gets busy and the teams is doing their best not to breach calls, especially if we are short staffed. The best day has to be pay day but the other part has to be completing your daily activities this could include updating calls and resolving important issues.
Pros
Not being micro managed
Cons
long hours, no incentives
Productive Knowledge with Enjoyment
All are Company was very good and I am really earn most valuable knowledge from them. Very friendly workplace culture there, every person very much helpful to learn.All part of job is very much hard but enjoyment overcome all the hard and tough circumstances.
Pros
Over worked, never enough people to perform required functions of the job,
Always required to be available 7/24/365 with out compensation to match the hours worked. Work days wee very hectic being pulled into many difficult situations.
Pros
Clean enviroment
Cons
Management out of touch with the work load placed on it's employees.
Slow
Very slow to change and way too much red tape. Great teams to work with. Flexy time is great with some areas having work from home.
Very good
Peaceful work, Good job satisfaction , upper tech team very helpful, expenses reimbursement system is very good ,
Management system very strong and cooperative.
challenging, productive
- typically minimum of 3 to 4hrs. of travel time daily going to work and went home, 8 normal working hrs./ day. 3 to 6 hrs. overtime/day. 3 to 4 hrs. travel time going to client/day. including more or less 8hrs. working hrs.time during weekend.

- learned a lot most likely with recent devices and new technology

- management was great, people and co-workers very supportive.

- the hardest part of the Job was the oncall duty which was no excuses or exemption need. almost of my time spent is at work even at home i need to check my email and monitor and answer calls and text on my phone. daily routine work pressure which also i brought at home.

- enjoyable was traveling on different places.
Pros
no need to go office early
Cons
very long hours at work
Good Environment
Working at Dimension Data, its been good, I have learned a lot carreer wise and develop lots of skills, its a good IT company and good envirnment.
summer activities at work
i found he company very good.
i met very nice people there and a helpful management team.

I have improved my personal skills and my team working skills.

the only hard part of the job was when i had to cover a person for a different role
IT Service Management Analysis
An IT Service Analyst professional with experience in Managed Service line of business. A strong focus on Incident and problem analysis coupled with proven ability to make tangible contributions in improving customer experience. A consistent track record in creating and delivering client reports in Service Delivery area.
Strong people skills, with demonstrated experience to work as a team player, along with ability to interact with individuals across all levels of the business.

Conversant in monitoring and analysing client network and implementing appropriate steps to resolve any issue found.

Experienced in requirement gathering, troubleshooting, gap analysis, gathering stakeholder requirements.
Pros
exposure to managed services business
Cons
redundant without notice