Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews for System Engineer

System Engineer15 reviews
Dimension Data is a multi-continental systems integration company that offers an employee an immense level of exposure regardless of your department. As a systems engineer, i got an opportunity of entering various client environments and thus exposure to different Data Center Technologies. I learnt how to build rapport as well as timely communication skills during service delivery. I made friends with the world's best engineers within the IT industry; for example Dell, VMware, Cisco, Veritas and Oracle systems engineers.
I also adopted the concept of offering a service to a client as strictly as spelt out in a Service Level Agreement. The management hierarchy is awesome in that you can ably voice out your query or concern and get timely intervention.

In a nutshell, working at Dimension Data was a worthwhile moment in my life.
This company is a strong player around the world and especially in South Africa, but they are not good in the US and have closed most of their offices.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility
Cons
Pay and benefits
Being an IT consulting firm, you meet a lot of professional while at work.
The privileged of working around different sectors like Bank, telecom etc developed my confident in meeting people.
Typical day involves the looking after the various clients.

Learned that I wanted to move into Azure / virtualization side of microsoft

Management tended not to listen to much to employees.

Work place culture was one where things were boring.

Hardest part of the job was arriving at work

The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure clients got what they paid for.
Pros
making sure the clients were happy
Cons
Working in an enviroment where it was managments way or no way at all
A very productive work environment always busy, Management was on the ball and always willing to listen and assist where necessary. Although more attention to people would be a plus.
Dimension Data was an amazing place to work for. The culture was very good and all the people was world class.
Working for them was an excellent experience.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
The DD culture will forever be one of the biggest take away for me.
There is always room for opportunity to grow and develop ones skill by leveraging on the global partner program
Great place to work; lots of work opps and room to excel. Had the best engineering time, unfortunately i did not get the opportunity to stay a little longer - would've been a blast. Given the chance - i would not mind going back...
Dimensiondata is a service delivery, no matter how great and organisation can be, there will be days where the client wont be 100% satisfied, or have to wake up in the middle of the night and provide and urgent service. We once had to all wake up at 2am on a Saturday to prevent all our client from a virus.
We have fun days, social club where we just have fun.
Pros
Lunch, team building, clients taking us out, Gifts
Cons
Healthcare
Strict rules and regulations, awesome team, Client Centric, Inspirational and motivational peers and management, great environment, loved the dress code and formality
In my opinion,
Everything is Good.

Good Learning as well as Good Environment for the freshers.

I enjoy a lot in the company.

But interview process but take a long.
Good
The company is gud and had great experience in technical field.
Gained some knowledge in Linux field and others.

I also worked on New Zealand business hours got some experience there
Its all about who you know. Been working for dimension data 7 years, standing still. I have applied for many positions however my current manager does not want me to grow, they need me where i am and im tired of not growing at the moment i know i have potential in many other areas,
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Had a worst experience in life working their. Internal politics do not let you grow. Managers want to control. they put your head in when there is fire and sneak in when engineer work hard to make thing works.
I have learned various technologies and i worked with people globally and also love to work with them and the hardest part of the job is to make Customer Satisfaction and typical day i have faced in work was with working with a telecom company continuously for 2 days with all the global managers for a critical incident and solved the problem
Pros
Learning advance technologies and Friendly with the teammates, hard work and simple
Cons
Simple and quite