Dimension Data Employee Reviews for Technical Support Specialist

Help Desk Management is poor
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Selangor30 October 2019
a good chance to learn a lot from here but management is always hiring the guy who not really know how to do and given higher salary than the experienced staff , lack of men power but they not willing to assign more staff in the project , average 2 staff to handle one project which is up to 7 country
Great Company
Service Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SC3 September 2019
Enjoyed working for the company along with work from home options. Family environment, activities and company functions. Good working atmosphere. Location not the most convenient.
very fun and joyous environment
Senior Service Desk Agent Merchants (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng25 October 2018
its a busy environment but there a culture they have built making it fun and a stress free environment as they know that this environment and work can be stressful so they always trying to make work enjoyable
Pros
dress code
Cons
hours
Excellent Work Place and Enviroment
Snr Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  The Campus Bryanston11 May 2018
DD lives the IT Values,People are Good to work with and there is a brilliant Culture, Its fun in the Sun and always good to work for a company like this
Awesome work Place
Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng26 April 2018
1st line IT and Technical support
Answer all incoming calls from customers
Logging and tracking of incidents and requests
Logging and communicating all incidents to customers and IT
Ability to provide first time resolution by using available tools
Identification and escalation of re-occurring problems and incidents
Follow up on priority calls
• Ensure that all incidents and service requests are registered on the call logging system.
• Escalate customer issue as appropriate.
• Support Technical Support and Service Desk in executing their duties
n/a
Senior Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  South Africa15 April 2018
My active employment time has been a most fulfilling, and i am very happy for being given a chance to grow my career at Dimension Data. It is a good company that i can personally recommend to work for.
Upbeat and friendly
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MA6 January 2018
Co-workers and managers work together in a fast paced environment to ensure high quality customer care. Everyone there helps each other out and its a fun group to work with.
D Data
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC12 December 2017
The management was not what i am used to. Contract job, training was so long and when we are on the floor they keep changing my hours and shifts, they keep changing what we need to say to customers.
Little to none career advancement
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SC5 December 2017
Career advancement is not available here. Many people here still working as contractors but they will never become full time. Relaxed culture, but workload is high, management is careless and do not reward the good hardworking workers. Only time you'll get any feedback from one of management here is negative feedback, always. Management knows the culture is toxic, they just don't care.
Pros
Lucky if you're a full-time/non contractor
Cons
Soul crushing paycheck
Great place to work at but no career path
Service Delivery Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Selangor11 July 2017
Great place to work at but no career path, good benefits.
eVariable Bonus, Overtime, Benefits (Training, Exam Certifications, Gym, Dental, Voucher for performer), Medical Insurance Card, Medical Claimable for you and your direct family (wife and kids).

Career path, not really a good place for a motivated person unless you are the type of person who come to work, go back and get salary. Quite a lot of people stuck in the same positions for years.
Pros
Exam and Training certifications
Cons
Cut employees anytime and unexpectedly, no career path, same position for years
Great Company to work for
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dubai2 July 2017
Working for Dimension Data is great, the company and the culture especially in the UAE region is great. Sometimes another offer comes your way that you just cannot refuse and with the cost of living in Middle East being proportionately at a highest level, you do unfortunately start looking at the salary offer when looking for a place to work.
Pros
Friendly Working ENvironment, diverse culture
Cons
Compensation
Good company
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka10 June 2017
Nice environment and culture.
Management are good.
Salaries are ok but not upto mark. Company have very good reputation in APAC especially in networking and cloud. DIMENSION DATA have lots of high end clients in banking and non banking sector. It is leading in networking and cloud services. Many Government clients trusted as their networking partner to monitor their high security device and many more clients are approaching to dimension Data.
Pros
Good management and work culture
Cons
Salary are not up to mark
Workplace
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng22 February 2017
My workplace is very good and accommodating, especially the management and the team.

It only becomes difficult when users or client are not co operating and not agreeing to company policies.

The most enjoyable part of the work is when I am busy troubleshooting on user s pc and struggling I will normally ask my colleagues to assist before I escalate to my team leader we will try harder to resolve the issue so that at the end of the call we will congratulate who ever who would have came up with the solution.

I have learned that in the IT field we share info, support each other and work together as a team.

A typical day at work will be when I get to work and find that everything is down from servers, telephones, and the network and users are not very understanding.
Who I am
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape30 January 2017
I am a very hard worker, and will do my job to the best of my ability. I will strive to be the best colleague and worker needed to do specific job, I will also be a role model to my colleague because I would like them to look up to me as a hard worker and try to strive for perfection as I do.
Fun environment but lacks growth
Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng12 January 2017
Get to work, manage the queue and ensure that all calls are distributed to the correct teams. I manage the Standard Bank account, where clients have logged calls incorrectly i liaise with the client and advise on how and where to log the call correctly.
Cons
Micro management
Proffessional excellence
Service Desk Operator (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng16 September 2016
My team (Mercury) we pride ourselves with Professional Excellence, we put our client's at the center of everything we do. I am a dedicated tier 2 agent for Mutual & Federal but because we work as a team I learned from team and I can fully say I can help Nedbank and Old Mutual Client's when we our short staffed. My co-workers are fun to work with.
Great Place to work
Dimension Data is a great place to work, great team, great service, good benefits.

Everything was great until 1 new manager took care of the operations of the team i work in. This person made working here a very difficult task.
Productive, Knowledgeable and fun environment
Service Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Luanda, Angola16 May 2016
I would start work very early due to avoiding traffic, I would do the morning health checks, read e-mails, check my calendar for any scheduled meetings, prioritize the incidents and requests from clients, check up on the technicians assign the various projects to each technician.

I learned to be very patient and very tolerable, to my co-workers and clients, due to language and culture barriers.
I also learned that with proper communication most discrepancies can be resolved.
I also learned to be a hands-on employee, meaning, that if certain skills was needed in another area, besides Service Desk duty, I would gladly assist and learn new skills, such as working in the Data Centre.
Management have always been very supportive, understand and always gave room to grow for more opportunities.

Hardest part was learning a new culture in the working environment within a different country, but it has opened up my mind and eyes to so many learning opportunities.
I not only grew within my skills but as a person.
Pros
Free breakfast and flexibility
Cons
working on some public holidays and weekends
Challenging Position
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SC18 October 2015
The ticketing system is troublesome to learn and it requires someone with an aware eye to catch mistakes others have made when reviewing tickets; also the eye to jot down successful details to explain the actual process you went through when handling a client via phone by yourself.
Micro-managed to the fullest
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC9 November 2014
My brief time at Dimension Data in Charlotte was a time of great stress and minimal direction. I was thrust into onto the phones in the GSC (as a Service Desk Agent) after only an hour of shadowing another employee.

The manager at the time was grossly unqualified - I think she was hired because of her looks. In any event, if you get lost and have a question she's going to refer you to the "specific process" document for whatever task you're attempting. This was largely because she didn't know what she was doing.

Also, EVERY client has a different process for everything so good luck with that. you better take excellent notes and perhaps create a spread sheet to keep track of it all.

The people were friendly enough. The Pay was nice.

My time with the company ended when I was close to getting a shift change. The incompetent manager listed above found out about this by trolling my chat logs with the other shift manager and created a week long saga that included 2 face-to-face meetings with her.

If you do work here, be prepared to kiss management's back side and be talked down to on a consistent basis. Be prepared to never know what you're doing right while well informed on everything you do wrong.
Pros
Pay, technology, 1 hour lunch breaks, plenty of eateries nearby
Cons
Management, fake people, disorganization, being micro-managed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.