Dimension Data Employee Review

View all Dimension Data reviews

Micro-managed to the fullest
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC9 November 2014
My brief time at Dimension Data in Charlotte was a time of great stress and minimal direction. I was thrust into onto the phones in the GSC (as a Service Desk Agent) after only an hour of shadowing another employee.

The manager at the time was grossly unqualified - I think she was hired because of her looks. In any event, if you get lost and have a question she's going to refer you to the "specific process" document for whatever task you're attempting. This was largely because she didn't know what she was doing.

Also, EVERY client has a different process for everything so good luck with that. you better take excellent notes and perhaps create a spread sheet to keep track of it all.

The people were friendly enough. The Pay was nice.

My time with the company ended when I was close to getting a shift change. The incompetent manager listed above found out about this by trolling my chat logs with the other shift manager and created a week long saga that included 2 face-to-face meetings with her.

If you do work here, be prepared to kiss management's back side and be talked down to on a consistent basis. Be prepared to never know what you're doing right while well informed on everything you do wrong.
Pros
Pay, technology, 1 hour lunch breaks, plenty of eateries nearby
Cons
Management, fake people, disorganization, being micro-managed.

Other Dimension Data Employee Reviews

assistant
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire18 November 2019
Passing information in and around the office speaking to colleagues. Helping keep the office clean taking request from colleagues. Also going on a working site and helping.
Work hard and Play hard
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Campus11 November 2019
Great company to work for and they do invest in there employers. You work hard but make time to spend time for team building. Culture is greated and all stand as one

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.