Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Review

View all Dimension Data reviews

Micro-managed to the fullest
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC9 November 2014
My brief time at Dimension Data in Charlotte was a time of great stress and minimal direction. I was thrust into onto the phones in the GSC (as a Service Desk Agent) after only an hour of shadowing another employee.

The manager at the time was grossly unqualified - I think she was hired because of her looks. In any event, if you get lost and have a question she's going to refer you to the "specific process" document for whatever task you're attempting. This was largely because she didn't know what she was doing.

Also, EVERY client has a different process for everything so good luck with that. you better take excellent notes and perhaps create a spread sheet to keep track of it all.

The people were friendly enough. The Pay was nice.

My time with the company ended when I was close to getting a shift change. The incompetent manager listed above found out about this by trolling my chat logs with the other shift manager and created a week long saga that included 2 face-to-face meetings with her.

If you do work here, be prepared to kiss management's back side and be talked down to on a consistent basis. Be prepared to never know what you're doing right while well informed on everything you do wrong.
Pros
Pay, technology, 1 hour lunch breaks, plenty of eateries nearby
Cons
Management, fake people, disorganization, being micro-managed.

Other Dimension Data Employee Reviews

Initially solid until realignment and takeover
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC23 January 2020
Fundamentals from a client value perspective continued to motivate Year-Over-Year growth and profit. After realignment and then acquisitions, the new culture fostered unknown employment status for growth, employee development and resulted in downsizing. At one point multiple departures, retirements and demotions from the CEO level and below.
productieve, snelle klantgedreven
IT Operator (Oproepnemer) \ IT-ondersteuningsanalist - Permanent (Former Employee) –  Bryanston South Africa20 January 2020
geweldig teamwerk en geweldige cultuur. management was er altijd voor je. betrouwbaar beheer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.