Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews

Worst place to work for
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Ballymount, County Dublin7 April 2019
Worst place to work for I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for them management is very poor and when call sick they give u a lot questions to and talk behind your back to other staff
Pros
Cons
Way the management in office treating there staff I would never recommend somebody to work for these
Fantastic oppertunitys, staff and overall work enjoyment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry12 March 2019
I loved my time with currys pc world, The training i recieved was 2nd to none. If you enjoy working in a fast paced, rewarding role then currys is the place for you. All staff were welcoming and so helpful. Great oppertunitys to progress further in the company. I never had any issues with managers or staff, will always help you out whenever they can. Overall just a fantastic place to work
Pros
Friendly co-workers, rewarding salary, hours
Just A Number
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somewhere26 February 2019
I have given quite a lot of my time to this company. Just under 10 years so I think I can give other people an idea what it's like to work in this environment.

The care for staff is their biggest downfall, promised so much and never delivered. Coming first in the country numerous times with sales and promised so much from regional managers all to be taken away from us and not even given a reason why. We were just asked to look at the next target. Keep on pushing while the staff are literally out on their feet.

Been put forward for the best store in the UK/Ireland and told us to get the store into shape, we were down on our knees just to get it right and were promised a visit from the head of CPW to review us and see where we stood on winning. Not even a call was received, the head of CPW just ignored us and the regional managers also just fobbed us off. After given so much into the store the morale was completely taken from us.

But yet we needed to keep going, we are machines, that's the only way they seen us. The regional managers fight among themselves, who had the bigger ego and it spread like wildfire. That puts the staff under extra pressure so someones ego will get a pat on the back but they seem to forget that the staff were down on their knees cleaning just to get some recognition from the insane work that we did. For what exactly.

The pay is ridiculous for the work and responsibility that is expected from you.

Next to no training is giving, you are thrown in the deep end fairly quickly and expected to sell sell and sell.

The only pro's
  more... I had from this job was my work colleagues, that is something I will always take from this place.

Would I recommend working here, Yes if you want to be treated like a machine, but your better than that......You really are.
Pros
You may meet nice people, you may not !
Cons
I could keep going !
Never ever again
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Galway24 February 2019
Staff A+++++ management forget it they don't care about you or other staff plain and simple definitely not worth it at all there a disgrace don't even try this position as a team leader trust me regret is a understatement
Pros
Great sales stff
Cons
Management and targets
Horrible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sligo27 October 2018
Worst place to work for is Curry's PcWorld.
Managers don't care about staff and are so fake.
Safely say never ever work for them it's not a nice place and you would see that a few weeks into the job attitudes change.

Don't bother look else were trust me in this it's not worth the stress management hassle.
Pros
None unfortunately
Cons
Pay is pad the managers don't care no chance of advancement
Terrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ireland4 September 2018
Payment does not reflect targets and whats expected.

No commission based system, their argument is you gain a bonus each month - Less than 50 euro extra a month in most cases.

Just a number, staff are not valued. Staff are their an X amount of years - still on the same pay.

Management very unhelpful - give no incentive for staff to sell and moan when targets are not met - lowers confidence, constantly being compared to other branches.

Internal growth for staff or progression is non existent.

Staff moral is always low. Miserable place to work.

Avoid this company.
Pros
Learning the social aspect and customer service is helpful
Cons
Very basic pay, unrealistic targets, terrible management.
Disgusting company with Managers to match
Head Office Support (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 August 2018
If you value the make of your car more than the way people behave then you will fit right in. No values or morals, anything goes especially when it comes to people.
Wages
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sligo Town, County Sligo7 August 2018
The amount of work you have to do and targets for the money the pay is a absolute joke. €9.50 is what they get paid and the amount of stuff you do for that is a joke seriously.

Don't even bother asking for a bouns it's another con job. There is also supposed to be commesion on some things oh guess what you will never get it and still expecting too do what they ask

If this job paid a bonus and also paid €15 a hour which would be more acceptable then.
I would say go for it other then that don't waste your time.
Pros
Great staff look out for each other
Cons
The pay is ridiculous surprised anyone wants to work there for it.
If you to live at work . Work here.
7.5 tonne driver (Former Employee) –  Irl24 July 2018
Worst place you could ever work avoid!!!!
You work 13 hours a day. Vans over loaded. Too many drops. You work thru your Tacho breaks as don't get travel time between drops. Vosa would have a field day here . Drivers taking out their card. Health and safety a joke. Ripping off the elderly
Too much to list
Pros
If your face fits your okay
Cons
Long hours. Overoaded vans . Bad managers
High expectations, little reward
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 June 2018
Worked for this company for 2 years, couldn't wait to get out in the end. Managers given very little hours to dish out between employees, therefore never had enough staff and if one person was sick the whole place was thrown into turmoil. Pay is just a few cents above minimum wage which is ridiculous for the job your expected to do. High targets and managing contracts and lots of personal details. If one person shines in sales a lot of pressure is put on them to carry the store. If you make a mistake on a contract 20 euro is deducted from your commission, even though you may only actually earn 4 euro in commission for that sale. Very little progression opportunities, often very low staff morale. Only thing that kept me there so long was that all the staff were miserable together. Very high turnover of staff. Definitely not a job for long term.
Pros
Getting to know new technology if your interested
Cons
Low staff, low commission, high deductions from commission
check your pay slip
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  waterford31 March 2018
Apart of the corporate governance is the policy of applying emergency tax for the first two months regardless of p45 status. You won't be paid for your first month and expect to be underpaid when you are finally re imbursed
Pros
small discount
Cons
non or under payment of wages
Hit and miss
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Galway9 November 2017
Its a good comapny the amount of targets and kpis are ridiculous considering the terrible pay and selling sky now that they arent getting paid for and forced to do so. Honestly glad i left never would recommend the place avoid at all costs i stayed there for 2 years and the stress was unacceptable.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Bad pay no gratatuide bad managment to staff who do so much and no benifits
Stay clear
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 October 2017
the most horrific company I've ever worked for. Very poor management. No communication, no progression, aggressive and bullying behaviour, no team work, misleading information to customers. Customers being ripped off with insurance, customers unaware of scam set up and known throughout the company of how to set up direct debits without customers knowledge. Very poor leadership from top down. Management have no empathy for staff. Worst experience of my life and that's putting it mildly
Pros
Absolutely none
Stay clear
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ireland10 August 2017
Steer clear of knowhow altogether.

No advancement opportunity what so ever.
Overtime constantly forced upon you. (I mean 12-13 hour days 5 days a week?)
Overtime structure is less than poor.
Equality issues across the board.
Extremely poor management.
A fridge is more important than the safety of their employees.
Lunch breaks are rarer than a unicorn.
Pay is far less than fair for the job.
Pros
The work mates are vastly sound. You do have the laugh at times
Cons
Ridiculously long hours, never see family, you're only a number
workplace culture
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  currys pc world blanchardstown retail park10 July 2017
Coaching staff, follow up, managing the staff,perfomance management, one to ones, setup targets, merchandising store standards, area of responsibilities.
Horrible company
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louth5 July 2017
Power driven mad managers, who forced people who didn't bend to his every command out of a job by increasing there sales targets every week until it's impossible to hit them. Terrible support from head office and in general a workplace filled with drama, lots of pressure and very little reward. Would not recommend working for this company at all.

(Manager in question has now been fired for s***** harassment in the workplace)
High stress/ low appreciation environment
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 June 2017
Dixons Carphone was at one time a nice place to work. Now it's an uneasy, no recognition, soulless place to be. Where you feel entirely replaceable and treated like a lesser person. I consider myself to have a great work ethic. Always first in and last to leave. Always available for over time and to get stuck in when needed. Although I always tried to perform. The atmosphere made it a horrible place to be. Leaving that job has been the best decision I've made.
Pros
I made some great friends through the staff.
Cons
Shop manager/ Low pay/ unreachable targets/ No training
stress!!! stress!!! stress!!!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 June 2017
scam!! scam company!!! always pressure on sales staff for impossible targets,sic managers not trained properly always giving out to staff,treat you like s***,staffs fainting on the floor because of bad store manager ,very old software system ,takes ages to learn and still keep on learning , kick you out of the job anytime with out warning.
Pros
free water to drink
Cons
no lunch breaks, no respect
Avoid
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sligo13 June 2017
Oh god were do i start oh lets see avoid this job completly.
Unrealistic targets and attachments. No chance of pay increase even bonuses.
No training at all provided they will expect so much out of you and no rewards ever.
Ive worked for pc world i left simply beacuse it isnt a great place to work i will tel you know you can do way better.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Pay, Expections, Work Load, Part time means they can call you when they feel like avoid it now
Its a job
Customer Service Manager, Computer technician (Current Employee) –  Dublin10 May 2017
Being thrown into a managment position without a pay increase is demeaning, rasing task levels and issues to a whole new level, staff are fantastic.....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dixons Carphone. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8