Dixons Carphone

Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews

Ireland60 reviews
Fun workplace.
As part of a team, a sales consultant always needs to deliver good customer service, be patient and helpful. The internal system is old, we don't have the autonomy to solve clients problems as we depend on another sales portal.
Dont work here
Dont work worked for there for two years treated awful by the staff, d
there is always problems with pay and never pay over time , constant turn over
Do yourself a favour - find somewhere else to work
I applied here because I liked working with technology and liked working with people. However, I quickly came to find that the job from day one is forcing you to hit targets and and is not what you would expect. You are forced to be a robot and sell sell sell. If you miss ONE thing out of a plethora of products you need to sell, the manager gives out to you. The acting manager at the time disclosed they wish they were just a sales consultant as they lived to sell - this was obvious in how they carried out their managerial position covering for a manager. Essentially they didn't really care about me - I was basically just a number that had to sell. Nothing more.

You need to reach a certain amount of sales every month across different areas - failure to meet any of these, and the manager shouts at you, making you feel worthless. These targets (KPIs) also contribute to your commission earned (which by the way is paid 3 months after). Here's how commission works in this stingy company:

- 30% you receive automatically

- The 70% is split up into different channels you need to hit, ranging from contracts to broadband sales

This 70% is almost impossible to get. Doesn't matter if the store is dead or customers don't want to buy the product - you don't hit this you don't get the commission - it all goes into the companies pockets.

The atmosphere can get very intense and heated. When it gets busy, higher ups can't help you very much - and when you do make any sort of mistake, you get scolded to the point where you feel almost useless - not to mention that any mistake you make
 - more...
Carphone Warehouse is an amazing Job to start off in if you are in collage end of school year etc
Helps you to understand technology alot better and makes you understand how to cope with face to face customer services
Sales
Be honest with customers.
Be ready for competion

Be open for over time.

Great discount when working for the provider

Commsion is hard to work too but once you get the in and outs of different networks
Stay clear
What can I say except stay clear of this place, firstly the management, the manager himself is nothing but a bully and his management team are far from qualified to run a store. If you are not part of their click forget about it as favouritism is rife. Expect to be called in on your day off with the promise of a paid day off in return that you will never see. Wages are a joke and constantly wrong and their so called bonus system well it’s easier to find hens teeth than get a bonus
Nepotism and inefficiency
Little reward for ever increasing workloads but a great place to learn what practices should be avoided, many have learnt valuable lessons unintentionally by management. I have developed many professional connections from my time within the company but would advise established professionals to avoid, but Carphone is an ideal student job with a high staff turn over perfect for weekend work. Many roles are occupied by unsuitable candidates.
Cons
Long shifts often without breaks
Worst place to work for
Worst place to work for I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for them management is very poor and when call sick they give u a lot questions to and talk behind your back to other staff
Pros
Cons
Way the management in office treating there staff I would never recommend somebody to work for these
Fantastic oppertunitys, staff and overall work enjoyment
I loved my time with currys pc world, The training i recieved was 2nd to none. If you enjoy working in a fast paced, rewarding role then currys is the place for you. All staff were welcoming and so helpful. Great oppertunitys to progress further in the company. I never had any issues with managers or staff, will always help you out whenever they can. Overall just a fantastic place to work
Pros
Friendly co-workers, rewarding salary, hours
Just A Number
I have given quite a lot of my time to this company. Just under 10 years so I think I can give other people an idea what it's like to work in this environment.

The care for staff is their biggest downfall, promised so much and never delivered. Coming first in the country numerous times with sales and promised so much from regional managers all to be taken away from us and not even given a reason why. We were just asked to look at the next target. Keep on pushing while the staff are literally out on their feet.

Been put forward for the best store in the UK/Ireland and told us to get the store into shape, we were down on our knees just to get it right and were promised a visit from the head of CPW to review us and see where we stood on winning. Not even a call was received, the head of CPW just ignored us and the regional managers also just fobbed us off. After given so much into the store the morale was completely taken from us.

But yet we needed to keep going, we are machines, that's the only way they seen us. The regional managers fight among themselves, who had the bigger ego and it spread like wildfire. That puts the staff under extra pressure so someones ego will get a pat on the back but they seem to forget that the staff were down on their knees cleaning just to get some recognition from the insane work that we did. For what exactly.

The pay is ridiculous for the work and responsibility that is expected from you.

Next to no training is giving, you are thrown in the deep end fairly quickly and expected to sell sell and sell.

The only pro's
 - more...
Pros
You may meet nice people, you may not !
Cons
I could keep going !
Never ever again
Staff A+++++ management forget it they don't care about you or other staff plain and simple definitely not worth it at all there a disgrace don't even try this position as a team leader trust me regret is a understatement
Pros
Great sales stff
Cons
Management and targets
work hard/play hard culture
work hard play hard culture and was undergoing rapid scale at the time. Young workforce and a fun place to work. I learned a lot while working there and still use the skills today.
Horrible
Worst place to work for is Curry's PcWorld.
Managers don't care about staff and are so fake.

Safely say never ever work for them it's not a nice place and you would see that a few weeks into the job attitudes change.

Don't bother look else were trust me in this it's not worth the stress management hassle.
Pros
None unfortunately
Cons
Pay is pad the managers don't care no chance of advancement
Ok
Worked with great people, however the store was in a bad situation and management rolled the excrement downhill, i need more characters to fill this piece.
Horrible place to work .
Do yourself a favour and don't come anywhere near this company . After working there for 5 years , it's safe to say it's the worst company I've ever had the misfortune to work for.
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, poor everything .
Terrible place to work
Payment does not reflect targets and whats expected.

No commission based system, their argument is you gain a bonus each month - Less than 50 euro extra a month in most cases.

Just a number, staff are not valued. Staff are their an X amount of years - still on the same pay.

Management very unhelpful - give no incentive for staff to sell and moan when targets are not met - lowers confidence, constantly being compared to other branches.

Internal growth for staff or progression is non existent.

Staff moral is always low. Miserable place to work.

Avoid this company.
Pros
Learning the social aspect and customer service is helpful
Cons
Very basic pay, unrealistic targets, terrible management.
Okay to work for
Apple are not a bad company to work for, however they use an archaic call centre system like a lot of other companies.

You have a set amount of time to deal with customers also that effects you're overall score and stats.

PROS: Good pay good rewards.

CONS: Stressful, No mental Health Support, No Personal support system.
Fun place
Very commission based work . Need to be good with phones and technology. Clear phone voice needed as you will spend a lot of time on phone to phone companies
Disgusting company with Managers to match
If you value the make of your car more than the way people behave then you will fit right in. No values or morals, anything goes especially when it comes to people.
Wages
The amount of work you have to do and targets for the money the pay is a absolute joke. €9.50 is what they get paid and the amount of stuff you do for that is a joke seriously.

Don't even bother asking for a bouns it's another con job. There is also supposed to be commesion on some things oh guess what you will never get it and still expecting too do what they ask

If this job paid a bonus and also paid €15 a hour which would be more acceptable then.

I would say go for it other then that don't waste your time.
Pros
Great staff look out for each other
Cons
The pay is ridiculous surprised anyone wants to work there for it.
If you to live at work . Work here.
Worst place you could ever work avoid!!!!
You work 13 hours a day. Vans over loaded. Too many drops. You work thru your Tacho breaks as don't get travel time between drops. Vosa would have a field day here . Drivers taking out their card. Health and safety a joke. Ripping off the elderly

Too much to list
Pros
If your face fits your okay
Cons
Long hours. Overoaded vans . Bad managers
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dixons Carphone. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9