Dixons Carphone
Dixons Carphone Employee Review

Give carphone a miss...

13 October 2016
Work here a couple of years now so hard to get any sort of promotion basically lucky if you get one. Money is v poor for the job you have to do. Mangers and head office don't care about you you are just a number to them. I would never recommend working for this company . They set you targets that are unachievable so they don't have to pay you bonus. Very poor training given to staff so they find it hard to sell. Overall I would give this company a miss or work here for a year for experience to get a job with a network store where they actually pay well and train you up properly!
Pros
Great work colleagues
Cons
V poor training given to staff . No support
7 January 2020
Same roleSame location
I applied here because I liked working with technology and liked working with people. However, I quickly came to find that the job from day one is forcing you to hit targets and and is not what you would expect. You are forced to be a robot and sell sell sell. If you miss ONE thing out of a plethora of products you need to sell, the manager gives out to you. The acting manager at the time disclosed they wish they were just a sales consultant as they lived to sell - this was obvious in how they carried out their managerial position covering for a manager. Essentially they didn't really care about me - I was basically just a number that had to sell. Nothing more.

You need to reach a certain amount of sales every month across different areas - failure to meet any of these, and the manager shouts at you, making you feel worthless. These targets (KPIs) also contribute to your commission earned (which by the way is paid 3 months after). Here's how commission works in this stingy company:

- 30% you receive automatically

- The 70% is split up into different channels you need to hit, ranging from contracts to broadband sales

This 70% is almost impossible to get. Doesn't matter if the store is dead or customers don't want to buy the product - you don't hit this you don't get the commission - it all goes into the companies pockets.

The atmosphere can get very intense and heated. When it gets busy, higher ups can't help you very much - and when you do make any sort of mistake, you get scolded to the point where you feel almost useless - not to mention that any mistake you make
 - more...
11 November 2019
Same role
Carphone Warehouse is an amazing Job to start off in if you are in collage end of school year etc
Helps you to understand technology alot better and makes you understand how to cope with face to face customer services
10 October 2018
Same role
Worked with great people, however the store was in a bad situation and management rolled the excrement downhill, i need more characters to fill this piece.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dixons Carphone. Our community is ready to answer.