Dixons Carphone

Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,265 reviews
Salary is poor. Very few benefits no health insurance no dental cover. Feels like uk staff get all the benefits. Progression is all about favouritism and who you’re in with. No transparency in Irish stores. Preference given to curry’s staff
Pros
People and friendships
Cons
High expectations with little regard for getting pay right
I'd worked in a couple of different locations with Dixons Carphone, the first experience was great and I worked with a wonderful team and the management were good, however in the second location the management were awful and unpleasant to work for. There is a lot of pressure on staff to meet targets which can be stressful. For such a large company, the pay and benefits are pretty poor.
Pros
Good teams, secure job
Cons
Pay is minimal, can be a stressful working environment
Everyone works hard, very good work relationship and managers are great and will do what they can for you. Lots of rewards and incentives to work towards.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Sometimes streched
9 July 2020
We are pleased to hear you have good working relationships and are supported by your management team.
Thanks for leaving us your feedback.

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
Been promised a clear career path, promotions to team leader position, bettee bonus schemes - none od which came to fruition. More tasks, more work, hired as sales but working on all departments (including repair service and warehouse) - no extra pay for it. They expect you to do job of 5 people if others fail to meet ridiculous standards. Wasted coue years, stay away.
Pros
They pay
Cons
High stress, insane pressure, lying management, rude customers, little to no support, end up doing multiple jobs
8 July 2020
We are sorry to hear about your experience whilst working for Dixons Carphone. We'd always recommend colleagues have an open and honest conversation with their line manager or HR about any concerns so that these can be resolved.
All the best for your next role

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
Will only get on if u manipulate sales numbers and will be penalised for doing things the right way. It's a terrible experience as they see its wrong but don't have the fortitude to see decisions through.... Gdpr breach was seen coming a mile off
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
8 July 2020
We are very concerned to hear about any mis-selling or data breaches. As a current employee we'd recommend either speaking with your line manager, HR or the confidential employee helpline to discuss any concerns.

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
Don't waste your time. This company messed up my mental health, I had to seek counselling and actually had to take time off for stress. Carphone sucks you in and makes it difficult to escape. They made me redundant in the middle of a pandemic.. maybe that was the only good thing that happened.

Management is all over the place and the targets are ridiculous. In my interview, which lasted for 3 hours despite getting the job after 20 minutes, the manager at the time made a very inappropriate comment about my breasts, stating 'would you cover yourself up, as I am a man with urges'.. threatening to assault me basically. I took this to management and they did NOTHING. Everyone in the company knew about it and they did nothing.b
Pros
Interaction with regular customers
Cons
Management was awful, inappropriate comments from male staff that go ignored even when complained, lack of diversity, ridiculous targets, etc
8 July 2020
We are very concerned to hear about the inappropriate comments you received. If you'd like to get it touch to discuss in more detail then please reach out on careers@dixonscarphone.com.

All our colleagues have access to our Employee Assistance Programme; a free, 24-hour telephone counselling service which is there to support colleagues with anything they'd like to talk through.

Regarding our Carphone Warehouse stand alone stores, this was a very difficult decision made by the business as part of the transformation plan to close these sites permanently.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment and we wish you the best with your next role

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
10 years in the business, you'll bust your backside and sell over 10k a day get told it's not good enough and have no free time.. work 10 days and have one day off I absolutely hate the company
Dread going to work everyday
Pros
Leave it
Cons
Everyone passes the buck
8 July 2020
Thankyou for taking the time to leave us a review and thankyou for your 10 years of service.

We are sorry to hear about your working hours, this doesn't sound quite right. We'd always recommend colleagues speak openly and honestly to their line managers about any issues with KPIs, pay or working hours.

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
Dixons Carphone expect too much of their staff members, almost every shift was understaffed and stressful, your responsibilities would increase constantly, for example: not just selling phones but now you have to sell broadband and then it was energy referrals and then it was email captures.
I enjoyed the stores i worked in because of the colleagues and manager.

I still feel bitter about finding out we had lost our jobs through the news rather than from head office, on top of that they still expected us in the very same day to make sales and there was heavy pressure on performance and best of it all was this was during the start of a global pandemic which left us jobless with no hopes for new employment.
Pros
Staff discount (contract and accessories), colleagues
Cons
head office
8 July 2020
Thanks for leaving us a comment.
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time working with your colleagues and managers.

The decision to close our Carphone Warehouse stand alone stores was a very difficult decision for the business to make and being a PLC meant we had to report the news to the city first.

Thankyou for your service whilst working for DC and we wish you the best of luck with your next move.

Dixons Carphone Careers Team
Contracts are horribly low hours, who can live on an 8 hour contract. Depending on store there is favourites and they'll always get the hours. Picked on for not wearing wet shoes back after my lunch. But favourite staff members get to wear white runners all the time. Targets unrealistic in small towns. Very boring monotonous job.
Pros
Nonw
Cons
Monthly pay. Low contract hours commission 3 months behind
Customers are absolutely awful... Make you cry when your trying to help them... Its a shame because I had regular elderly customers who I loved to see and they felt like family, these few people were the only exceptions... Far too many entitled people in the world.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Customers, not alot of help from managers, no help with mental health
...then you see that, it’s all to sell a contract that CPW see the most rewarding for them to the customer. People talk so much rubbish to the customers it’s unbelievable, so called experts and professionals...a joke
Pros
Some discounts
Cons
You work with phone addicts who know nothing
Worked at Carphone for nearly 6 years and enjoyed it. Targets cold be a little over the top but overall was a great place with some amazing people. Sadly missed when they closed the stores. Would happily still be there.
Pros
Manufacturer incentives and phone discounts.
Cons
Targets could be a little over-reaching
Worst job I have ever had,pushed to sell what ever the company wanted,not what the customer actually needed.no benefit for the better performers.managment very lazy
3 years experience, will put you to the test in order to make money. However you can make a lot from it. You get out what you put in. Allows you to have a lot of interaction with people.
Pros
Latest Technology
Cons
Complaint handling
Fun place to work. If you're naturally confident and comfortable talking to new people it is a great place to start your career. Lots of skills to learn that prepare you for later life. However, there is a serious lack of progression. Dixons is all about cutting costs and saving where possible so there's very limited senior roles to work towards. Also, serious lack of diversity. In a region of 30 managers we had 2 that were female. I also think dixons need to reward staff with a better bonus structure and basic pay. Staff will be more motivated
Pros
Fun team, builds confidence and character, prepares you for future
Cons
Pay that doesn't correlate to work, lack of progression, ruthlessness culture which can be off putting for some
Trained for about 2 weeks before getting onto the floor. Colleagues are lovely and although you can come across difficult customers the team around you make it worth it
Pros
nice building, free food at times, dress down days
Cons
can get repetitive
i enjoyed the short amount of time i was here and would happy work in this place again if the opportune came up, the staff are friendly and the manameng is accommodating to intemperance workers
Worked for Dixon’s Carphone for 7 years. Pay for a manager isn’t bad. Good colleagues and work life.

Some of the bigger managers within the Currys side are very full of their own self importance and treat anyone else like they are beneath them in every way.

Felt very undervalued as a carphone mnager and that I just wasn’t good enough. They are happy to let talented managers go without a thought.
Pros
Good money and work culture
Cons
Currys managers are not good people on the whole. Everyone else is undervalued
Good place to work and target driven. training and coaching given. Discounts and perks given to all employees. Customer and shareholder centric company.
Pros
Paid lunch break
Cons
The boss is a bit of a plank. But the rest of the staff are amazing, great company to work for. The hours go by so quick. You can get some amazing staff deals.
Pros
staff discount
Easy enough job but very sales driven. There was daily targets that had to be met, as well as monthly overviews. Although there was some benefits such as friendly co-workers and occasionally competition to help earn a bit more money.