Dixons Carphone

Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews in Dublin

Fun workplace.
As part of a team, a sales consultant always needs to deliver good customer service, be patient and helpful. The internal system is old, we don't have the autonomy to solve clients problems as we depend on another sales portal.
Carphone Warehouse is an amazing Job to start off in if you are in collage end of school year etc
Helps you to understand technology alot better and makes you understand how to cope with face to face customer services
work hard/play hard culture
work hard play hard culture and was undergoing rapid scale at the time. Young workforce and a fun place to work. I learned a lot while working there and still use the skills today.
Disgusting company with Managers to match
If you value the make of your car more than the way people behave then you will fit right in. No values or morals, anything goes especially when it comes to people.
High expectations, little reward
Worked for this company for 2 years, couldn't wait to get out in the end. Managers given very little hours to dish out between employees, therefore never had enough staff and if one person was sick the whole place was thrown into turmoil. Pay is just a few cents above minimum wage which is ridiculous for the job your expected to do. High targets and managing contracts and lots of personal details. If one person shines in sales a lot of pressure is put on them to carry the store. If you make a mistake on a contract 20 euro is deducted from your commission, even though you may only actually earn 4 euro in commission for that sale. Very little progression opportunities, often very low staff morale. Only thing that kept me there so long was that all the staff were miserable together. Very high turnover of staff. Definitely not a job for long term.
Pros
Getting to know new technology if your interested
Cons
Low staff, low commission, high deductions from commission
Grand company
A good company to work for overall, lots of pleasant people to work with but salary and commission has been lagging behind competitors somewhat recently. Seems to be a company on the up however with many new streamlined processes implemented.
Pros
Almost always more than enough staff working so as to never be to busy
Cons
Can be difficult to deal with people in head office to get issues resolved
Stay clear
the most horrific company I've ever worked for. Very poor management. No communication, no progression, aggressive and bullying behaviour, no team work, misleading information to customers. Customers being ripped off with insurance, customers unaware of scam set up and known throughout the company of how to set up direct debits without customers knowledge. Very poor leadership from top down. Management have no empathy for staff. Worst experience of my life and that's putting it mildly
Pros
Absolutely none
Busy working eviorment
Carphone warehouse is a fast paced busy working environment.
Driven by customer satisfaction and sales.

The staff and colleagues are nice from the store managers down to the cleaners.

I like working there but currently I am looking for a 9am to 5 or 6 pm job.
Pros
Commsission
Cons
Working every weekend and mid week
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dixons Carphone?
Life-sucking and dead-end
Initially it seems like a great place to work, but after some time in it, it's effects on mental health alone are shocking. Anyone above a certain paygrade doesn't understand how it is for the people at the bottom
High stress/ low appreciation environment
Dixons Carphone was at one time a nice place to work. Now it's an uneasy, no recognition, soulless place to be. Where you feel entirely replaceable and treated like a lesser person. I consider myself to have a great work ethic. Always first in and last to leave. Always available for over time and to get stuck in when needed. Although I always tried to perform. The atmosphere made it a horrible place to be. Leaving that job has been the best decision I've made.
Pros
I made some great friends through the staff.
Cons
Shop manager/ Low pay/ unreachable targets/ No training
stress!!! stress!!! stress!!!
scam!! scam company!!! always pressure on sales staff for impossible targets,sic managers not trained properly always giving out to staff,treat you like s***,staffs fainting on the floor because of bad store manager ,very old software system ,takes ages to learn and still keep on learning , kick you out of the job anytime with out warning.
Pros
free water to drink
Cons
no lunch breaks, no respect
Its a job
Being thrown into a managment position without a pay increase is demeaning, rasing task levels and issues to a whole new level, staff are fantastic.....
Productive and Fun workplace
Work was excellent. encellent working conditions. good pay. good relationship with manager and other staff. Great communication, team building, skill-improving and excellent motivation my manager.
Fun workplace
Within Dixons, there is a lot to learn.
I have achieved my way of handling different customers.

My knowledge in technology has broadened and this has made me keen on learning to programme with computer languages.
Fun working enviornment
The company itself is a very fun and exciting environment to work in. The reward structure and staff incentives are really well structured and laid out to challenge the seller but also to encourage them. The management side of things and the support available within the company is by far the best from all the jobs i had
Pros
Staff discounts, Incentives and commission
They don't appreciate their staff
Worked here for nearly 10 years. After ten years, I was still on the same money as a new employee walking in the door. They set unrealistic targets so that you'd never reach hitting bonus. I could go on, but I think that's enough said.
Not a great place to work since the take over
I worked in many stores and the career advancement is terrible they hire managers from outside the the company with very few internal promotions or advancement. The stores are given very little hours to dish out so id tour on an 8 hour contract which most people are things can get tough. Managers arent very empathic dont trust there staff and can make life difficult. I used to dread going into work. No team bonding. No christmas parties. Minimum wage for a very skilled job espically when your personally take so much risks doing contracts and if you make a mistake the company dont stand behind you. There is little help and TERRIBLE training provided. I did 1 day training quite a few months after i started.
Pros
Meeting lots of new customers
Cons
Atmosphere, pressure, hard achieve any rewards, 8 hour contracts, promotion likelihood
Great team members fun environments
Excellent company to work for, with man sales targets with great incentives. Staff and teams are amazing, and the stores I have worked in I had made lifelong friends.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Hours and days off
amazing place to work, best in europe
Target of 15.4 million euros for 2013 Quarter 1 was challenging; 40% higher than 2012, in off season. Average footfalls are the lowest and no marketing activities or exclusive offers. I lead my team of 8,focusing on higher number of sales conversions among footfalls, bundle offers (two products together at lesser price) making sure that the same customers buy more. Used tablet to show product and pricing comparisons reducing the time taken by customer for decision making. We fell short of the target by 2,00,000 euros, but achieving 15.2 million euros in an off season is a record.
Pros
free travel and phone
my review
Assisting the Warehouse Manager with deliveries.
Replenishing all departments including Computers, Cameras, Televisions.Inputting and checking stock on computer using word, excel, access, merchandising the store.

Ensuring Customer Service was up to the very highest standards, help security when required.Training new staff.

I learnt how to deal with difficult Customers and you have to be level headed and diplomatic and have excellent customer and communication skills.

I always got on with my co-workers I had an excellent relationship with Management and co workers-being a hard worker team player you completed your tasks to the requirements that was asked of you I always got great compliments on my work which was a high level.

Hardest part of job keeping customers-management happy-getting your free time-But the management and co workers were excellent.

The most enjoyably part of the job the craic wit co workers laughs of the customers to see customers prising myself to management.
Pros
getting good compliments
Cons
hard to get breaks
I have been very successful in my current role as Branch Manager of Dixons Travel, running £12million stores and achieving required KPI targets. Currently, I am also supporting another Dixons Travel store in Terminal 2 of Dublin Airport with matters such as performance management, conduct and capability, discplinary procesdures and communications needed between the store and head office.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dixons Carphone. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9