Dixons Carphone

Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews in Dublin

As part of a team, a sales consultant always needs to deliver good customer service, be patient and helpful. The internal system is old, we don't have the autonomy to solve clients problems as we depend on another sales portal.
Working in this company is stressful as there is no support from management on the floor. Training does not suffice either so extra support is needed. Very little opportunity to progress. Not a great work life balance and difficult to get time off when needed. Management change rotas on short notice and don't say anything.
dealing with customers was fine but most of the colleagues were horrible to work with there was bullying in the job most of the time and the managers hadn't a clue what they were doing
Excellent company to work for nice mangers great work environment and one of the best experiences and the people are nice and been recognized for your work
Carphone Warehouse is an amazing Job to start off in if you are in collage end of school year etc Helps you to understand technology alot better and makes you understand how to cope with face to face customer services
Definitely not suitable as a long term job. Pay isn't great for the amount of responsibility that is expected of you. Discount is not great either, 10% is all you get. They do not want to give any more than they have to. Would not recommend it.
The very first day I began my job, I was expected to sell products instantly to customers. Management told me to work shadow another senior employee but was impossible due to numerous customers. The other friendly staff members had to help me and show me how to check stock, what the latest deals are, how to finalise a transaction etc. To this day I still have not received sufficient training and they expect me to know everything about all the products we sell. Sales targets are next to impossible to achieve. We are expected to sell antivirus, office, cloud, insurance etc. on at least 40% of the laptops we sell. 75% of the time the customers do not even need half of the add-ons we are pushed to sell. For a job that pays only 14 cents above minimum wage, it is not worth the additional stress alongside college. Do not expect to receive payment within a month or 2 when working here. It has been 2-3 months and I still have not received my payment yet. There are also 3-5 other colleagues that are in the same boat as me. HR takes a minimum of a week to reply to your email! I sent my bank details and other relevant information within the first 2 weeks I started working so there should be no excuses whatsoever. Overall, I would only recommend this place to students who want to work for 3 months and make some quick cash. While I did not praise management in this review, they are very kind and they do try their best daily. The stress and targets are just not worth it for me and I do not see myself staying with this company for much longer. Only reason I enjoy working here now - more...
Pros
Staff, close to home
Cons
...there’s a lot
work hard play hard culture and was undergoing rapid scale at the time. Young workforce and a fun place to work. I learned a lot while working there and still use the skills today.
good place to work great people great managers , pay is ok the hardest part of the job is the customer demands too much very rude customers . best part of the job is the new products
Pros
people
Cons
If you value the make of your car more than the way people behave then you will fit right in. No values or morals, anything goes especially when it comes to people.
Cons
work experience Contributed to developing the standard operating procedures for warehouse operations. Followed strict Health and Safety, Fire Awareness and Security procedures, policies and standards. Responsible for receiving, unloading and storage of deliveries Ensured relevant order and delivery paperwork signed and organised correctly. Worked as part of team, with organised approach to prioritise workload.
I really enjoyed doing work experience there and it was real good fun I would go to work and the manager would tell us what to do and then we would go and do it and when we are finished we would go to him and ask what else needs to be done. The hardest part of the job was when me and my co workers had to rearrange the storage room
Pros
They were games while we were on break
Cons
The times for break weren't specific
Worked for this company for 2 years, couldn't wait to get out in the end. Managers given very little hours to dish out between employees, therefore never had enough staff and if one person was sick the whole place was thrown into turmoil. Pay is just a few cents above minimum wage which is ridiculous for the job your expected to do. High targets and managing contracts and lots of personal details. If one person shines in sales a lot of pressure is put on them to carry the store. If you make a mistake on a contract 20 euro is deducted from your commission, even though you may only actually earn 4 euro in commission for that sale. Very little progression opportunities, often very low staff morale. Only thing that kept me there so long was that all the staff were miserable together. Very high turnover of staff. Definitely not a job for long term.
Pros
Getting to know new technology if your interested
Cons
Low staff, low commission, high deductions from commission
A good company to work for overall, lots of pleasant people to work with but salary and commission has been lagging behind competitors somewhat recently. Seems to be a company on the up however with many new streamlined processes implemented.
Pros
Almost always more than enough staff working so as to never be to busy
Cons
Can be difficult to deal with people in head office to get issues resolved
I had a great time working with this company all the people I worked with was lovely, had a few issues getting paid on time and correctly, HR were very slow
Pros
Great craic
Cons
Payment troubles
Working here was great, i learned new things about electronics and learned the basic skills needed for customer service such as dealing with customers and working on busy days. Usually we'd open and then set the laptops and computers up ready for customers to view and also clean the place. After that I would have to keep things tidy, Go around asking customers if they need nay help, and cater to their needs.
the most horrific company I've ever worked for. Very poor management. No communication, no progression, aggressive and bullying behaviour, no team work, misleading information to customers. Customers being ripped off with insurance, customers unaware of scam set up and known throughout the company of how to set up direct debits without customers knowledge. Very poor leadership from top down. Management have no empathy for staff. Worst experience of my life and that's putting it mildly
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Carphone warehouse is a fast paced busy working environment. Driven by customer satisfaction and sales. The staff and colleagues are nice from the store managers down to the cleaners. I like working there but currently I am looking for a 9am to 5 or 6 pm job.
Pros
Commsission
Cons
Working every weekend and mid week
Very dishonest management team towards customers and staff. Training is inadequate. Inadequate tools provided by company for completing jobs, most staff therefore purchase their own tools at their own cost. Contracted to a 39 hour week, however in reality its usually 50 - 60 hours, overtime is not paid and lieu time is given seemingly at random with no notice. Inadequate and unrealistic timeframes for jobs and completing routes are an almost daily occurrence.
Pros
uniform provided
Cons
poor management, very long hours, inadequate training
Initially it seems like a great place to work, but after some time in it, it's effects on mental health alone are shocking. Anyone above a certain paygrade doesn't understand how it is for the people at the bottom
Dixons Carphone was at one time a nice place to work. Now it's an uneasy, no recognition, soulless place to be. Where you feel entirely replaceable and treated like a lesser person. I consider myself to have a great work ethic. Always first in and last to leave. Always available for over time and to get stuck in when needed. Although I always tried to perform. The atmosphere made it a horrible place to be. Leaving that job has been the best decision I've made.
Pros
I made some great friends through the staff.
Cons
Shop manager/ Low pay/ unreachable targets/ No training