Dixons Carphone

Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative3 reviews
Ireland3 reviews
Was there for work experience for 2 weeks, in 2013 in December for Tralee Community College as part of a module, and i really enjoyed working there, as i got along with all the colleagues that workes there and helped me along the way and made me feel comfortable and confident in going there everyday, and i would reccomend anyone to work there.
Worked for this company for 2 years, couldn't wait to get out in the end. Managers given very little hours to dish out between employees, therefore never had enough staff and if one person was sick the whole place was thrown into turmoil. Pay is just a few cents above minimum wage which is ridiculous for the job your expected to do. High targets and managing contracts and lots of personal details. If one person shines in sales a lot of pressure is put on them to carry the store. If you make a mistake on a contract 20 euro is deducted from your commission, even though you may only actually earn 4 euro in commission for that sale. Very little progression opportunities, often very low staff morale. Only thing that kept me there so long was that all the staff were miserable together. Very high turnover of staff. Definitely not a job for long term.
Pros
Getting to know new technology if your interested
Cons
Low staff, low commission, high deductions from commission
Assisting the Warehouse Manager with deliveries.
Replenishing all departments including Computers, Cameras, Televisions.Inputting and checking stock on computer using word, excel, access, merchandising the store.

Ensuring Customer Service was up to the very highest standards, help security when required.Training new staff.

I learnt how to deal with difficult Customers and you have to be level headed and diplomatic and have excellent customer and communication skills.

I always got on with my co-workers I had an excellent relationship with Management and co workers-being a hard worker team player you completed your tasks to the requirements that was asked of you I always got great compliments on my work which was a high level.

Hardest part of job keeping customers-management happy-getting your free time-But the management and co workers were excellent.

The most enjoyably part of the job the craic wit co workers laughs of the customers to see customers prising myself to management.
Pros
getting good compliments
Cons
hard to get breaks