Dixons Carphone

Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews for Sales Consultant

Ok
Worked with great people, however the store was in a bad situation and management rolled the excrement downhill, i need more characters to fill this piece.
Do yourself a favour - find somewhere else to work
I applied here because I liked working with technology and liked working with people. However, I quickly came to find that the job from day one is forcing you to hit targets and and is not what you would expect. You are forced to be a robot and sell sell sell. If you miss ONE thing out of a plethora of products you need to sell, the manager gives out to you. The acting manager at the time disclosed they wish they were just a sales consultant as they lived to sell - this was obvious in how they carried out their managerial position covering for a manager. Essentially they didn't really care about me - I was basically just a number that had to sell. Nothing more.

You need to reach a certain amount of sales every month across different areas - failure to meet any of these, and the manager shouts at you, making you feel worthless. These targets (KPIs) also contribute to your commission earned (which by the way is paid 3 months after). Here's how commission works in this stingy company:

- 30% you receive automatically

- The 70% is split up into different channels you need to hit, ranging from contracts to broadband sales

This 70% is almost impossible to get. Doesn't matter if the store is dead or customers don't want to buy the product - you don't hit this you don't get the commission - it all goes into the companies pockets.

The atmosphere can get very intense and heated. When it gets busy, higher ups can't help you very much - and when you do make any sort of mistake, you get scolded to the point where you feel almost useless - not to mention that any mistake you make
 - more...
Carphone Warehouse is an amazing Job to start off in if you are in collage end of school year etc
Helps you to understand technology alot better and makes you understand how to cope with face to face customer services
Grand company
A good company to work for overall, lots of pleasant people to work with but salary and commission has been lagging behind competitors somewhat recently. Seems to be a company on the up however with many new streamlined processes implemented.
Pros
Almost always more than enough staff working so as to never be to busy
Cons
Can be difficult to deal with people in head office to get issues resolved
Poor management
Carphone Warehouse has potential to be a good company to work for however due to poor management and bullying within the company I wouldn't really recommend anyone applying.. There is absolutely no progression in the company, you do not receive any sort of praise or feedback for good work done and you're constantly called and messaged on days off. It also can be extremely boring as there are a lot of quiet days. All the systems need a massive update and management need to start looking after there staff as the turnover is phenomenon.
stress!!! stress!!! stress!!!
scam!! scam company!!! always pressure on sales staff for impossible targets,sic managers not trained properly always giving out to staff,treat you like s***,staffs fainting on the floor because of bad store manager ,very old software system ,takes ages to learn and still keep on learning , kick you out of the job anytime with out warning.
Pros
free water to drink
Cons
no lunch breaks, no respect
Give carphone a miss...
Work here a couple of years now so hard to get any sort of promotion basically lucky if you get one. Money is v poor for the job you have to do. Mangers and head office don't care about you you are just a number to them. I would never recommend working for this company . They set you targets that are unachievable so they don't have to pay you bonus. Very poor training given to staff so they find it hard to sell. Overall I would give this company a miss or work here for a year for experience to get a job with a network store where they actually pay well and train you up properly!
Pros
Great work colleagues
Cons
V poor training given to staff . No support
great place
really friendly atmosphere,full training on the job given,challenging every day.working at own incitiative,rewarding work place.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dixons Carphone?
fun place while i was workin here i am not now i am in o2
Typical day was the sales process in the shop and looking after customers on a day to day basic also taking delivery's and doing the cash or the shop.
Cons
long hours and expected to work more then rostered for.
Fun and exciting
Such a brilliant company to work for. Great staff, can honestly say I love my job there. Never a day I dread going to work.