Dixons Carphone

Dixons Carphone Pay & benefits reviews

Salary is poor. Very few benefits no health insurance no dental cover. Feels like uk staff get all the benefits. Progression is all about favouritism and who you’re in with. No transparency in Irish stores. Preference given to curry’s staff
Pros
People and friendships
Cons
High expectations with little regard for getting pay right
You have to be favourite to get hours in this job. Management isn’t great will stick together! Had a few issues and had no one to turn to. Have to have thick skin working here
Pros
Commission
Cons
Very low hours to share around and you have to be the managers favourite to get the hours
Contracts are horribly low hours, who can live on an 8 hour contract. Depending on store there is favourites and they'll always get the hours. Picked on for not wearing wet shoes back after my lunch. But favourite staff members get to wear white runners all the time. Targets unrealistic in small towns. Very boring monotonous job.
Pros
Nonw
Cons
Monthly pay. Low contract hours commission 3 months behind
Very poorly paid with massive targets make the company plenty of money with out very little to no benefits very badly managed management think there above god and there is plenty of favourites who get all best shifts etc you have to ask permission to use the toilet
Definitely not suitable as a long term job. Pay isn't great for the amount of responsibility that is expected of you. Discount is not great either, 10% is all you get. They do not want to give any more than they have to. Would not recommend it.
I loved my time with currys pc world, The training i recieved was 2nd to none. If you enjoy working in a fast paced, rewarding role then currys is the place for you. All staff were welcoming and so helpful. Great oppertunitys to progress further in the company. I never had any issues with managers or staff, will always help you out whenever they can. Overall just a fantastic place to work
Pros
Friendly co-workers, rewarding salary, hours
Cons
The very first day I began my job, I was expected to sell products instantly to customers. Management told me to work shadow another senior employee but was impossible due to numerous customers. The other friendly staff members had to help me and show me how to check stock, what the latest deals are, how to finalise a transaction etc. To this day I still have not received sufficient training and they expect me to know everything about all the products we sell. Sales targets are next to impossible to achieve. We are expected to sell antivirus, office, cloud, insurance etc. on at least 40% of the laptops we sell. 75% of the time the customers do not even need half of the add-ons we are pushed to sell. For a job that pays only 14 cents above minimum wage, it is not worth the additional stress alongside college. Do not expect to receive payment within a month or 2 when working here. It has been 2-3 months and I still have not received my payment yet. There are also 3-5 other colleagues that are in the same boat as me. HR takes a minimum of a week to reply to your email! I sent my bank details and other relevant information within the first 2 weeks I started working so there should be no excuses whatsoever. Overall, I would only recommend this place to students who want to work for 3 months and make some quick cash. While I did not praise management in this review, they are very kind and they do try their best daily. The stress and targets are just not worth it for me and I do not see myself staying with this company for much longer. Only reason I enjoy working here now - more...
Pros
Staff, close to home
Cons
...there’s a lot
good staff willing to teach newcomers. flexible hours. good management. can be busy at times but manageable with good team work. learned how to set up laptops in short time
Apple are not a bad company to work for, however they use an archaic call centre system like a lot of other companies. You have a set amount of time to deal with customers also that effects you're overall score and stats. PROS: Good pay good rewards. CONS: Stressful, No mental Health Support, No Personal support system.
Very commission based work . Need to be good with phones and technology. Clear phone voice needed as you will spend a lot of time on phone to phone companies
The amount of work you have to do and targets for the money the pay is a absolute joke. €9.50 is what they get paid and the amount of stuff you do for that is a joke seriously. Don't even bother asking for a bouns it's another con job. There is also supposed to be commesion on some things oh guess what you will never get it and still expecting too do what they ask If this job paid a bonus and also paid €15 a hour which would be more acceptable then. I would say go for it other then that don't waste your time.
Pros
Great staff look out for each other
Cons
The pay is ridiculous surprised anyone wants to work there for it.
As a Sales person your role is to sell attachments on products and have a target each week/month etc you have to reach, you will also have monthly meetings to discuss how you can do better and sell more, There is no commission for any sale, Minimum wage with no wage increases available. Not a great company have had people start and have to wait months to receive first payment. Staff have gone 15 years without pay rise. Christmas staff worked entire christmas without receiving any payment until they had finished up with the company.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Unreachable targets with no commission and minimum wage with no increase (frozen)
Very good to work for. Got along with all my co workers and they have a great customer service background. Nice uniform which stands out. Work well and have benefits such as sick pay and holiday pay
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Worked for this company for 2 years, couldn't wait to get out in the end. Managers given very little hours to dish out between employees, therefore never had enough staff and if one person was sick the whole place was thrown into turmoil. Pay is just a few cents above minimum wage which is ridiculous for the job your expected to do. High targets and managing contracts and lots of personal details. If one person shines in sales a lot of pressure is put on them to carry the store. If you make a mistake on a contract 20 euro is deducted from your commission, even though you may only actually earn 4 euro in commission for that sale. Very little progression opportunities, often very low staff morale. Only thing that kept me there so long was that all the staff were miserable together. Very high turnover of staff. Definitely not a job for long term.
Pros
Getting to know new technology if your interested
Cons
Low staff, low commission, high deductions from commission
10 cent more then minimum wage is what is paid to staff. With the amount of kpis and stress the staff are put under between delivery's installs and care plans its ridiculous. They deserve at least €12-15 a hour for what they have to do or least health care for the staff since they can't afford it on the wages Dixons pay. I would advise anyone to work for what they have too do it's just a disgrace and a bonus laughable it Bearley would cover a good night out.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Bad pay worked like a dog no benifits
A good company to work for overall, lots of pleasant people to work with but salary and commission has been lagging behind competitors somewhat recently. Seems to be a company on the up however with many new streamlined processes implemented.
Pros
Almost always more than enough staff working so as to never be to busy
Cons
Can be difficult to deal with people in head office to get issues resolved
Apart of the corporate governance is the policy of applying emergency tax for the first two months regardless of p45 status. You won't be paid for your first month and expect to be underpaid when you are finally re imbursed
Pros
small discount
Cons
non or under payment of wages
A nice work environment with simple achievable monthly targets. No real advancement options and the pay could be better for the quality of work need doing.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
advancement and pay
Its a good comapny the amount of targets and kpis are ridiculous considering the terrible pay and selling sky now that they arent getting paid for and forced to do so. Honestly glad i left never would recommend the place avoid at all costs i stayed there for 2 years and the stress was unacceptable.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Bad pay no gratatuide bad managment to staff who do so much and no benifits
Steer clear of knowhow altogether. No advancement opportunity what so ever. Overtime constantly forced upon you. (I mean 12-13 hour days 5 days a week?) Overtime structure is less than poor. Equality issues across the board. Extremely poor management. A fridge is more important than the safety of their employees. Lunch breaks are rarer than a unicorn. Pay is far less than fair for the job.
Pros
The work mates are vastly sound. You do have the laugh at times
Cons
Ridiculously long hours, never see family, you're only a number
Carphone Warehouse has potential to be a good company to work for however due to poor management and bullying within the company I wouldn't really recommend anyone applying.. There is absolutely no progression in the company, you do not receive any sort of praise or feedback for good work done and you're constantly called and messaged on days off. It also can be extremely boring as there are a lot of quiet days. All the systems need a massive update and management need to start looking after there staff as the turnover is phenomenon.