Donnybrook Fair Employee Reviews

Ok to work for
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malahide4 November 2019
I worked for DF throughout university. Met some great people there and all colleagues got along very well. Job can be very stressful as sometimes understaffed and management was not great.
Long hours, bad management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 September 2019
Very poorly managed by people who are out of their debth due to the unrealistic expectations of the CEO. Staff are mostly very kind and welcoming and are sadly not rewarded the way they should be. huge staff turnover also and poor relationships between managers and floor staff are often the cause.
Worst place I've ever worked in
Deli Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 August 2019
I took the job because I was promised a Deli Manager position, just to realize the day I started that they had just hired a new Deli Manager. Furthermore, I had a lot of problems with the payslip, the shifts and the staff management cause the manager was "forgetting things".
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Yes its a nice place to work
Bakery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillorgan, County Dublin15 July 2019
I do enjoy my job at donnybrook fair I just work to.many weekends I dont mind working some but i seem.to.be in most weekends other than that's it's not a bad place to work.i.just feel.like I would like a change.
Pros
Half price lunches
Cons
Weekends
Constant mistreatment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 March 2019
Started with a part time 20 hour contract and soon realised the management had 0 concern to sticking to it worked 9 hour shifts with unpaid breaks and treated terribly by the boss at the time. One manager very understanding and helpful while the other slacked in the stockroom all day and would belittle you constantly. I cannot stress enough to stay away from here absolutely terrible experience on a part time contract i had to work 5 days a week 10 hour shifts and had to do them as I feared losing my job if I didn’t. Completely overworked there I feel sorry for some of the great people that still work there although some employees are on a power trip which is just left ignored by management. Terrible people to work for and the boss is incredibly impatient making comments about me to his wife while I take his shopping to his car truly is a horrible place to work.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Terrible management no care for the workers
Challenging work environment
Junior Designer (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 October 2018
Each day is different and you are quite challenged which keeps interest and keeps the mind active. At times however it was quite a tense atmosphere but in general it was a pleasant place to work.
Would'nt recommend
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Donnybrook, County Dublin25 August 2018
This job was my first ever retail job and I received 10 minutes training on the tills and that was all the training I ever received. I was supposed to be working a 20 hour contract but I worked 43 hours in my first week. When I brought that to the attention of my manager it was brought down to 36 hours. I wasn't taught how to use the lotto machine or how to deal with vouchers etc. which made me incompetent when attempting to do my job.
Pros
small staff discount
Cons
long hours, no staff benefits, unwelcoming enviroment
I do not recommend.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Donnybrook, County Dublin8 February 2018
I have worked in several of the shops and i have to say it is a terrible company to work for. The boss does not trust anybody but himself, is rude to his staff and management gets the blame for every bad thing that happens in the shops. People are treated so unfairly and although they promise you advancement and pay rises you get nothing unless you beg for it. You work 50 hours a week and you work the job of 2 sometimes 3 people. You are unappreciated, underpaid and overworked here. Company is outdated,unorganised,money driven with little to no interest in their staff. The only good thing we’re the amazing people I worked with and customers I met here.
Pros
Staff, holidays and days off easy to get
Cons
Long hours, poor management, disorganised and overall unpleasant company
Great job
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillorgan, County Dublin2 July 2017
Fantastic place to work .the energy was brilliant and learned a lot in my time there got to add Barista to my cv which I thought was brilliant and coffee was amazing .
Just dont!
Chef (Former Employee) –  Malahide, County Dublin8 March 2017
Possibly the worst and best job i have ever had..
I met so many nice people and work colleagues yet the company is ran by complete spanners.
There was no possibility of a wage increase and 50 hours a week to be left exhausted forget weekends off they are in the past!
When you leave to go to another job they wont give you a reference even when your work ethic was brilliant never late never sick.
Do not work for these people!
Pros
Friends
Suitable for begginers
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin1 March 2017
Good place for someone with no retail experience. Not so good for someone who is looking for decently paid job-heavy workload, long hours (9 hour shifts), breaks are not paid etc.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
long hours, poor management communication, no salary increase to long-term and hardworking employees, promises only.
Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greystones, County Wicklow25 March 2016
If I could give less than 1 star I would. DF is a horrible company to work for. They have you constantly in fear of losing your job, they hire TYRANTS for managers (not all are but some). They refuse to give you your contract, underpay you and make you feel insignificant on a daily basis. You get your roster the day before the week starts so you cant have any sort of a life.

STAY AWAY!!!! They have mistreated so many great members of staff and they should be reported, I know people who have already but nothing has been done because people are too scared.
Pros
Cons
see above
Good oportunity
manager (Current Employee) –  morehampton road12 April 2015
Co workers are very kind and easy to work with, very good oportunity for anyone starting out in the industry. A lot of hours are included so be prepared to sacrifice a social life.
Pros
Good atmosphere