Douglas Nursing Home

Douglas Nursing Home Employee Reviews

Ireland5 reviews
Family atmosphere
Great place to work, family atmosphere with approachable management for any issues. Everybody works hard but the benefits are great. Fresh, clean working environment which is great for a nursing home. Facility is treated as residents home place and they always come first.
Awful workplace
Don’t go there at all.
The boss was nasty with no nice attitude towards you. No proper paid induction and they are taking an advantage of the staff. I feel very sorry for the residents.

No proper care as my friend is there and she can’t walk anymore.

Avoid!!
workplace culture
nice friendly staff with a lot of team work and help and assistance from the nurses on duty. management are very friendly and work with an open door policy so if you ever have an issue they are very approachable and always there to assist you. good and competitive rates of pay and you are even paid for your breaks unlike other places I worked. residents are nice friendly are a pleasure to deal with
Rude kitchen staff make it 100 times worse
I worked there a few months and to be honest the kitchen staff make the job nearly impossible they are rude and speak polish all the time. Theres also no proper training like you shadow someone for about 3 days then your literally thrown in which is hard when theres never enough staff on to get some help and the nurses are pigs.
I work their very hard for one week she gave me 4 long days 8 a.m to 8 pm i a row and never get paid for that the manager disappeared after that
I think this place take advantage of people use people when they are busy and act like the one week work was an induction and that they dont pay for induction. But why make you work long days every day as I was not learning the job I was already in that job. As first day and 2nd day we were 2 people 3rd day I worked by myself they said induction is only one or 2 days so I worked on my own w the rest days