Dublin Airport Authority

Dublin Airport Authority Employee Reviews

Fast paced, interesting and exciting
Every day is different - ranges from standard business as usual tasks to involvement in cutting edge initiatives and fast paced change management projects. Exposure ranges from safety culture initiatives to formal compliance investigations and engagement with sector regulators. The most enjoyable part of the job is the range of people you meet and work with in the airport environment and the most taxing part is developing competence in such a broad expanse of operational activities.
Great environment and opportunities
Great dynamic place to work. Would love to have accepted a permanent position. Open 365 days a year, with over 40 different depts/teams throughout. Great environment.
Slow & negative workplace
Slow to change & difficult to make any real changes for a more positive culture to exist. A few good people in management but hard for them to make any real headway, with various departments spread across two airports, Dublin & Cork, the experience can be very different depending where and who your located with.
Excellent People - Excellent Training
The training provided by daa was exceptional. The offices in Castletroy were so well put together and layout. However, the culture of the place lets it down.
Pros
Excellent Training opportunities
Work Experience
My typical day at work during my work experience placement for my TY year in Mount Temple Comprehensive school consisted of arriving on time and helping the shop assistant carry out her duties.
I gained customer service skills.
Fast-paced and international
Very busy 24/7 except on Xmas day.

Friendly colleagues.

Productive management.

Good staff benefits.

Fun place to work, full of different events.

A great place to meet international passengers and provide them with the last bit of the amiable Irish impression.
Pros
always get staff discount
Cons
early and late airport shifts apply
ASU Officer
A typical day at work, what you learned, management, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job, do note include
Great Place to Work
I was a contractor, but really enjoyed my time there. People and work were great, very professional and approachable. I could see that there would be a good work / life balance.
Challenging work
Hours were always antisocial! It took some getting used to but the job itself was very challenging and stimulating and there was never a dull moment. Always plenty of other staff to help out during busy periods.
Decent pay, career progression lacking
While the pay progression is decent advancement through different sections of the company is difficult. Company relies on step-up positions which in the majority never actually progress employees to the next level
Busy environment
Early starts to provide for a busy airport, cleaning and maintaining an environment to very high standards to ensure operational readiness at all times.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Busy retail environment basis on shift pattern, great training and social support
I really enjoyed to work within DAA company for the last 7 years, it,s busy, fast growing business. I was basis in duty free shop "The Loop" as a sale assistant. I was driving sales, achiving targets and taking part in staff incentives. I was member of communication focus group, supporting and solving a rising issues within the department. I took a part in many product knowledge trainings, I really enjoyed to work with my work collegaues and managment.
Pros
salary
Cons
shift work
Productive Working Week
The best part of working in Dublin Airport is that you are always busy and get to work with a diverse amount of individuals. Due to the nature of the business you experience many different cultures and learn how to approach them at a level that is appropriate to them. The fast paced nature of the job can be very exciting as you are continuously learning and developing new strategies to different problems. There is a high volume of staff at all different levels and although each department is compartmentalized, you get to communicate with all the levels. This gives you so much experience and training dealing with them all. If conflicts arise you become well versed in your conflict resolution process. You become more dynamic and can think quickly on your toes. Couple this with what I learned in College I have become an expert in lateral thinking, reading people and understanding how produce a vast volume of productivity.
Pros
Nice lunch room and facilities
Cons
Not much career development
Ok place to work
no real room to advance in your career. also the daa do not believe in pay raise so there is zero incentive to work beyond what you are paid to do.
Productive and fun workplace
Overall the airport was exciting to work in the hours were difficult to maintain. It was a serious job but quite enjoyable when being out on the floor with staff and the public.
Pros
Enjoying interacting with staff and the public
Cons
Long hours and sometimes extremely early starts in the mornings.
Long hours 4 am starts, very stressful
Most days start at 4am as this is the busiest time in the airport and when most passengers travel so we can process anything up 6000 passengers in the first hour or two.

We also have mystery shoppers and the IAA testing all security staff daily.

The staff in the airport and lovely my co-workers are the most hard-working people i have every had the privilege to work with.

Hardest part of the job is getting up at 2am
Pros
great co- workers
Cons
no shift allowance or paid overtime only time in liue
Progressive and Professional
Working for the DAA has been a great learning point for me. the level of professionalism in the DAA has been fantastic for me in my daily work life.
I worked there for 37 years, the best years of my life
When I worked there it was a great place to work. Always busy, I learned a lot during the years, I saw many changes for good and bad.I met many different types of people. I had dealings with many important and not so important people. I worked in the Airport for a total of 43 years and would have stayed longer if I could. I was made redundant in 2010.
Pros
it was a great place to work in