DUBLIN AIRPORT

DUBLIN AIRPORT Employee Reviews

Ireland27 reviews

Not as expected

Salary needs to be reviewed by the company as Staff's are under paid.The management needs to realise that they're once junior staff and pay attention to staff needs.

Interesting job, high skilled but very low wages.

Working in Search Unit. Very interesting but really demanding and loads of responsibility with constant evaluation. Can’t relax one second and you are under cctv supervision all the time. Not payed for breaks and have to arrive at least 35 mins earlier to be in work place at time so you will need to spend 12.5 hours to get payed for 10 at a very low rate. Hours are always unstable and you wont know when are you working in a couple of weeks time. No extra pay for nights, Sundays or bank holidays. Wages same as a worker in pennies but starting at 3am in a Sunday and doing 12 hours shift with lots of responsibilities… Daa treating all employees very bad…

fun and offered great experience

Got to meet all walks of life and enjoyed the unusual work day. management werent really involved in day to day work. small close knit group and all got along really well.

Pros

access to duty free and meet all cultures

Work there for 20 years great place to work always keep busy

Work there for 20 years always busy and keep going great place to work and always meeting people and enjoyed helping them find there way around and also good fun

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Working nights for 20 years

Very busy and demanding workplace

In my curent position as supervisor in catering/hospitality industry you are required to multitask, be very responsible in decision making, working hard and sometimes long hours to make sure bussines is operating to required standards. Shortage of staff can be stressful in day to day operations. Early shifts 3am are bit difficult if you are parent and in general to have social life. Depends on company I have supportive managment and easy to deal with. Salary could be improoved to cover cost of transport and commitment to an early shifts. I feel we should be paid more for what we do. overall I did enjoy working at teh airport and have made great connections with people.

Fast and unpredictable place

Come to work, do cargo aircraft as fast i can because the turnarounds are short. Then continue with passengers aircrafts till end of shift. The hardest part of job is that you are working outside and cold days and rain is the worst thing that happen.

Good Place to work

Fun place to work and fast paced and flexible. Have learned a lot about Customer Service. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different kinds of people.

fun experience

it was very fast paced you had to be on your feet till break but overall nice staff. The hardest thing in my opinion was waking up early to travel it was stressful

fun but stressful

Dublin Airport is very engaging and fun place to work. The staff are some of the best people you will ever meet. The job itself was very interesting but the hours were quite tough requiring early mornings and nights which heavily clashed with social events and a work/ life balance

fun and exciting, always busy

I did a week of work experience in Dublin airport as part of my transition year course. I would really recommend this as it was great work experience and there was loads to do and see. I got to do airside training, see how the retail shops are ran, I also did a day in the fire station and the airport security.

Productive workplace

Excellent employer. Great atmosphere, working hours very reasonable. Managers very approachable. Easy to commute to and from work. Most enjoyable part is being active in work.

Productive an fun work place

Working at Dublin airport is great for die at time workers they give you the chance to gain experience...very accommodating and the hours are shift workso it's handy.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Good craic with other workers

Many different things I could say about working there some good some bad I just found the shifts difficult. Large organisation and good job security which I enjoyed.

Pros

Good time off

Cons

Long shifts

Great company to work for

Dublin Airport in particular and daa in general is a great company to work for with brilliant opportunities to change role within the business and develop.

great palce to work

Great place to work very busy, staff and customers are great to work with ,the salary is good and there are very flexible working hours. overall working in the airport is a great atmosphere and enjoyable.

Pros

great pay

Cons

early starts

fune

being a representative for an airline our main airlines are qatar cityjet air france and klm and norwegian. dealing with ticket problems with our customer trying to achieve/ give the best customer service possible

Fast-paced work place

8 hour shifts that could be very busy but easy to get along with staff and management. Understanding of college students employed and were helpful with creating shifts that suited everyone.

Pros

Free lunches and meeting new people

Cons

Night shifts and early starts

Busy

Worked nights so quality of life was poor with family time. Four nights on four day and four nights of. I had to work twelve hour shifts. Transport to work was a problem. No public transport from trim to the airport .

Good Experience

Excellent job to start your adventure with Aviation. Ordinary staff is brilliant but management just look after themselves. No feedback, no encouragement from them. I learned a lot in this company which it gave me a brilliant opportunity go further in my career.Excellent team work.

Pros

Nice staff

Cons

Bad rosters and low pay

Productive, challenging and rewarding

A typical day at work involved setting up our promotion stand, making sure it was clean and well presented. We then made sure all our promotion products or counter products were on display and well presented. after that was done I would try and communicate and invite customers over to my stand where I would inform them of information about the products I was promoting and testing the sample on them if they wanted me too or on myself to show the results of the product. Eg cosmetics. I would give them background information and the history of the products and the benefits of it to help them understand what my products were all about.

Pros

discount on products

Cons

early starts, long hours, not busy and too far to travel

Productive workplace

I started in Ireland as a kitchen porter at the Bewleys Hotel Dublin Airport in Jun 2014 but the head chef saw that I care a lot about food so he started to promote me as a comme chef after 6 months of hard work in the washup . I started as a prep chef for the bar and after a few weeks of learning the preparation I stepped behind the counter to serve the food . It was really difficult to do , because this is the biggest Hotel in Dublin and the second biggest in Ireland . The amount of orders were around 300 for each night shift at summer . I tried many other shifts as well , like the breakfast , carvery lunch , restaurant and functions as well and I can say safely , that I learnt to do those very fast . I always wanted to gain more knowledge about food preparation and new dishes and I learnt a lot about decoration as well . Sadly the headchef who helped me a lot has left a few months ago so I'd love try another place as well for working and learning . I still have to work sometimes as a KP , when the hotel is short of them . I am still working very hard there too . I am certified in HAACP .

Pros

Free lunches.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DUBLIN AIRPORT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement