Dublin Bus

Dublin Bus Employee Reviews

Ireland18 reviews
Productive, busy but enjoyable
I enjoyed working with the different departments, with different people, I learned that everyone is different and what it is like to work in an office.
Great company to work for
Relaxed family like atmosphere, great helpful work colleagues, pulled together and worked as a team to achieve goals.
Great facilities within the workplace canteen, gym, etc. Activities organised outside work , golf , cycling, and many more .
Stressful
The shift work is terrible, bogey shifts are start at 7am, break from 11am-3pm and finish at 7pm, terrible!
Getting verbal and physical abuse is part and parcel of the job.

You will get the blame for everything that goes wrong, does not matter if it has nothing to do with you, you will be blamed.

Avoid if you want a stress free life.
productive and positive atmosphere
i learned a lot from my time in dublin bus. working in an office enviroment was good because it was always positive. it was good to be around hardworking people who motivated me to work hard.
Inclusive and hardworking work environment.
I believe that I learnt a lot during my time at Dublin Bus. I had the opportunity to complete a manual handling course. I became more proficient in Microsoft Office. My communication skills also improved. A typical day at work included general administrative tasks such as filing and data entry. The management were friendly and approachable while remaining professional. The workplace culture was open and inviting and no one seemed to be left out. My particular duties didn't prove to be difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job was being given some responsibility and the opportunity to learn from successful business people.
Pros
Free bus transport
Excellent job security
A good job when you get a custom to the different shifts.Free doctor,free travel 4 weeks holiday bonus at Christmas time,over time is always available so your earning potential is not bad..
Pros
Job security
Cons
Hours can be long when you start
productive
have learned good ways of management
very friendly workers , enthusiastic

good environment

efficient daily routines and good benefits

relaxing at certain times
Bus driver
Dublin bus driver duties:

I learn to provide a high standard of customer service at all times, and always behave in a friendly and professional way to customers and colleagues.
Pros
Excellent job and safe inverioment for workers
Cons
Non
A good company to work for
A typical day as a bus driver is to make sure you get the passengers to and from there destination safely. I worked for 10 years with Dublin bus and had a good relationship with all staff and management.The hardest part of the job was getting up at 0400 in the morning but never slept it out.It was an enjoyable job because I was meeting driferant people every day.
Cons
Worked long hours
Review
great company to work for really enjoyed my job recommended to anyone that wants to work here work on the move and under great supervision as said befor a great company to work for
fun work place
fun work place filled with wonderful people.Hardest part of the job is have fast you needed to get things done while keeping an extremly organised work place
Pros
close to shops
Fun workplace
very good workplace to work in and very good life balance and good
Benefits. good job Security/ Advancement and job Culture
Pros
lots of work
Good experience
As a bus driver, I am responsible for driving a passenger carrying vehicle (PCV) providing good customer service and a safe and comfortable journey throughout the network of bus services.
Pros
good team work
Cons
longer journey to work
Actived
Self-motivated and consistent
Dependable and working on own initiative

Good communication skills

Excellent timekeeper

Enjoy working within a team environment

Willing to work soon as possible anytime
Pros
Sandwich
Cons
11 hours
If you can handle very earlies and very lates
Salary is the best for a driving job, once you get settled in your garage your workmates (men & women) get to know you but the choice is yours if you want to socialise. Some drivers just do the job and dont interact but most are pleasent and helpful. Its the getting up very early (sometimes start 4.30am) and finishing very late (after 1am) thats the hardest to adapt to. In this job be prepared to get very little sleep. And get abused daily by passengers, because no matter whether you are nice and on time its always the "Drivers" fault that they are late for appointments or work. It can be stressful if you let it get to you, not a job for sensitive people, need to be tough skinned too.
Pros
Free bus travel, Free train travel, Free Doctor (when appointed) for you & family, periodic training and cpc, Social club and company sports days.
Cons
getting up b4 crack of dawn and finishing other days well after midnight, Also Not knowing what you are on until day b4
clark of works dublin b
We start at 8 am and meet in the office where our boss , gives us are work sheets it's time where we can all have a bit of chat and crack, we then get our can ready for the day work a head, l learned a lot form this job , interacting with the puclic . Co workers are great but we only see them at morning and end of the day. The manament are I'm o Connell street so I wouldn't see a lot of them, the hardest part of job is leaveing work lol only jokeing . I don't think there is a hard part , it's work so u get on with it, but give it one hundred percent, I enjoy a lot about working with Dublin bus but pay is not great .
Drove around Dublin city
Dealing with passengers

Dealt with traffic

Handling situations that arose on a daily basis
Customer safety conscious and hospitable workplace
The first day I started work, the induction process was very educative. The management style is very accommodating.

I enjoyed the teamwork aspect of the job, although, the hardest aspect of the job job is shunting Buses at night in the rain,
Pros
No free lunch, every mamber of staff has to bring in lunch or buy from the canteen
Cons
Minmium work hour of 8 hrs a day is maitained.