Dublin City Council

Dublin City Council Employee Reviews

Ireland28 reviews
Challenging and demanding and intense. Constantly moving and evolving environment. Great learning environment and very supportive colleagues/team members.
I am only employed on polls days,it is a great day,meeting with people of all ages,I love working on the day,it has given me a lot of experience, Ilove working with the public,and feel this is what I would like to do in the future.
Cons
long hours, but worth it.
Excellent and nice experience. Very relaxed environment. Lovely and helping team to work with. Always ready to help in any kind of situation. Best experience ever.
My experience was great. My work schedule started at 10 and I worked till 4. Very relaxed and fun environment. Encouraging colleagues and a fun experience.
Good training, great promotional oppurtinities. Very focussed on GDPR, staff support and training courses. Great opportunities to move between departments. Excellent communications in house . Training and interview technique provided for career moves. Excellent business and office plans in place and personal plans. Staff support always available for personal and sensitive issues. Policies on hand for grievances and disciplinary procedures. Very modern IT systems, good office furniture and space .
Team work and working alone opportunities in play. Regular team meetings and management meetings conducted. Very good finance section there, for SLA's, wages, salaries and all other payments.

Human Resources Section well staffed and managed. Flexi time available in all departments, work phones as required to suit the role, expenses for travel, overtime assigned and sanctioned as required. Good canteen facilities at subsidized rates.
Pleasant place to work. Watch their culture. They have their ways and a lot of families working there. Very community orientated. Good working there. So if hired they will try and keep you if you follow how they do their work practices.
The staff was polite and the job atmosphere was positive and relaxing
Worked outdoors and all my coworkers where great to work with. Loads of overtime. They were very health and safety driven, which was not a bad thing. Had a welfare pod on site for meals and going to the toilet.
Pros
Loads of overtime
Cons
No cons
Was shown around, did some maintenance on the computers around the office. Mostly just shadowed the staff there. Nice people and an interesting place to work
Working in Dublin City council needs for management skills more than the technical ones. At Dublin city council, the assessment for risks and hazards is taken into account duly by the people working in the site. The work is very systematic leading to solve issues may arise at work place quickly.
My review of this company is that’s it quick and very easy to use and shows simple formats and how it should be filled out and what should be were . I like it a lot
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very busy environment. You learn a lot on daily basis. Lack of resources does not help. Great professionals to work with. Opportunities for promotion.
Really enjoyed my work experience in the gym found everyone very helpful and always had a job for me to do. I got to try every job there was to try while working there I feel I really learned a lot to help me with my course work
I did work experience for 5 days in the youth centre in Cabra, it was enjoyable and had a great atmosphere. Each day was different due to different activity with the children on each day, it was hard to get the children to settle,but overall a good experience.
I was really welcomed and found the work challenging but in a good way I always had goals and was never bored. The other staff were very helpful and friendly, I was very happy in my internship.
This was my first job role when I was very young and inquisitive and I found it to be very interesting. If I were to be in a Dublin City Council job today,it would be in a job for life .. this is one of those jobs that is hugely advantageous for all kinds of reasons if you would like to know more about its company policy and its mission statement.
Pros
Work advancement.
Cons
None.
very enjoyable a lot of good hours learned a lot from the courses they have plenty of overtime at the time alot shift work now i think and i think it rotate in dublin city centre itself and some standby work is well
Pros
free lunches sometimes on courses
Cons
long hours sometimes
Open up
Assessments

Run true programmes

Run classes

General set up and General cleaning

Different every day

Meeting people and seeing the changes in their fitness
A good working environment for individuals starting off their career in employment. A environment that supports team work and open opinions.
I learned how to deal with customers more effectively and my co workers were very supporting during my first couple of weeks on the job.
A typical day would require me visiting elderly citizens who lived in complexes and I would help them with things and listen to them as they spoke about their daily routines.
I enjoyed doing this very much as it opened my mind to the lives on the older generation.