Dublin City University Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Productive and fun workplace19 August 2019
Satisfactory

Productive and fun workplace

Good team support system. Capacity to learn and grow within the team.

Supportive Manager and challenging work.
Collaborative and stimulating
anon (Current Employee) –  Dublin29 July 2019
- progressive place to work
- forward thinking
- collaborations are encouraged
- Wonderful Access and University of Sanctuary programmes
- Can do more to make work-life balance better
Full of Benefits
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Dublin City University, County Dublin27 May 2019
Learned how to communicate inside a work environment with co-workers and supervisors. Gained a great experience of dealing with some commercial websites and what to pick to solve the issue of the research.
Great Place
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 April 2019
I worked as a Student Ambassador. Everyone was friendly and there was always a great atmosphere. The management were helpful, kind, accommodating and positive. I would recommend this position highly.
Pros
Free lunches, Accommodating, Flexible hours
Cons
No Cons
good workplace
dublin (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 April 2019
It is really good institute to work with.I really adore the set up environment and people there. keep growing .I am happy.
All the best luck
Thanks
sidra
Pros
learning
Cons
contract only
Muy buen ambiente
Voluntariado Langua Culture Space (Current Employee) –  County Dublin21 January 2019
Lugar magnífico para que se produzcan intercambios culturales y lingüísticos. Aula inmejorable y con todas las facilidades para llevar a cabo clases dinámicas y divertidas.
educational place to work
Research and Testing assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin City University, County Dublin24 October 2018
educational place to work where each day offers you a new challenge and the tools to overcome them.
Positive environment to work with plenty of amenities nearby.
Great place to work and learn
Adjunct Professor, Innovation Campus (Current Employee) –  Dublin15 October 2018
DCU is one of the few places in ireland where the sky is the limit. It's unassuming, innovative and engaging on both technology and business levels. Students are put at the forefront of any activity around the university. Faculty are treated with respect and listened to by management.
Ambiente de trabajo bueno
Estudiante en prácticas (Former Employee) –  Dublín1 June 2018
En DCU aprendí a tener fluidez con el inglés. En cuanto a la dirección, puedo decir que era buena. Debo destacar que me gustaron las facilidades dadas para profundizar en el idioma en cuestión.
A refreshing experience
Open Day Staff (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 March 2018
I was given the job of giving a tour to second level education students around the DCU Engineering faculty and providing them with an insight into the day to day life of a student in a course like Engineering.
Very friendly supportive work place
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 March 2018
Great place to work, and teams are friendly and supportive. A willingness to help and advance. managers very approachable and quickly become more that just a manger.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
few promotions
Productive & fun workplace
Web Design Lab Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 March 2018
It was a great experience to help out with tutoring the first year students, and DCU were great at managing and co-ordinating everything.
Definitely helped me with improving my communication skills.
Fast paced & efficient
Digital Marketing masters student (Current Employee) –  Glasnevin, County Dublin17 November 2017
Great place to study, the layout of the coarse is very realistic to work life situations and it sets you up for your future career

Great opportunity and access to real life clients
Pros
Offers great opportunities
Interesting & Productive
Secretarial Support (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 October 2017
A typical day at work was busy and I enjoyed the wide range of varied tasks each day. I worked under the best management I could possibly wish for. They helped me be the best possible employee I could be they encouraged me to develop my skills and offered me great opportunities while I worked there. It was a very enjoyable place to work and everyone was treated with great respect no matter what grade/postion you held. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of such a great team.
Relevant and applicable work experience
Digital Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 August 2017
Working as a digital marketing specialist for 6 months in DCU allowed for great learning, through hands on experience and fantastic mentoring from senior staff.
Friendly and exciting workplace
Researcher (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 July 2017
Working at DCU is exciting overall, my typical day involves hands on laboratory work, email writing, report writing and teaching.
I've learned about different areas of my field and have faced difficult but rewarding projects.
Management is great, you're allowed to work independently with your own ideas. The life to work balance is very good.
The hardest part of the work is lack of training and lack of opportunities for career progression. The people and variety of challenging work are joint top contenders for job satisfaction.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers
Cons
Lack of career progression
Best place I Have ever worked at
Research & Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 July 2017
Easily the best place I have ever worked in.
All the staff are amazing. The pay is good and the students are super friendly. (as you would expect). A++
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 May 2017
Learned a lot about customer service and how to deal with customers. Understand how find a problem and solve it. Enjoyed fixing problems with a computer and a long lunch break.
Part-time lecturer
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 May 2017
I lectured on Human Resource Management to 2nd year Business Studies evening students. The main topics covered were Recruitment and Selection, Management Training and Development, Performance Appraisal and the Irish Industrial Relations System.
family friends working environment.
Duties in the absence of a Director (Current Employee) –  Glasnevin Campus15 March 2017
A great place to work as a woman. Equality is very positive and is clearly represented throughout the campus. Young and innovate place to work. I love the variety of the role I have and the responsibility that comes with it. Working with a large multi talented team and learning, on your feet, new and exciting aspects of a University working life.
Pros
Great people and facilities
Cons
Restricted to senior roles if you don't have a degree

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dublin City University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3