Dublin City University

Dublin City University Employee Reviews

Ireland38 reviews
Activity Leader for DCU Language Services. It was a fun and varied job with a lot of flexibility. Management and all co-workers were great. I had a wholly positive experience working here.
DCU is an excellent workplace where staff are valued and supported. My line manager is excellent, and very easy to deal with. Work is varied and challenging, with no two days being exactly alike.
The job title does not determine the role you will play. You are encouraged to be creative and innovative. Your ideas will be listened to and you will be encouraged to see your role creatively.
Excellent work environment. I gained very valuable teaching experience
I enjoyed working there. It was a short term contract but I would love to work there again in the future.
It is a very challenging job and also an opportunity. The best part of this role is you learn and you teach and every day you learn something new and different. And it is your responsibility to teach the right thing as the lectures are being delivered to students who are going to learn from me.
Every day the lectures and tutorials delivered by me, have lectures, quizzes, and also presentations, and grading all of them.

This role gives the opportunity to push yourself and learn some new tool or software or course or programming language. It also teaches you in understanding students and what different doubts can arise, which help to understand the subject more in-depth.
Loved every minute of my time in class and at my placement with the under 17s hurling and Gaelic Football teams. Students got to choose a placement that best fit them.
it was a good, i learned many things. they are really friendly. it's a big place, so there are a lot of things to learn, and to get new skills. I hope can be working in DCU again.
learned a lot in the office work like filing and using the phones and how to talk to people properly on the phones too. They helped us to understand what it was like to work in a office.
Satisfactory

Productive and fun workplace

Good team support system. Capacity to learn and grow within the team.

Supportive Manager and challenging work.
- progressive place to work
- forward thinking

- collaborations are encouraged

- Wonderful Access and University of Sanctuary programmes

- Can do more to make work-life balance better
Learned how to communicate inside a work environment with co-workers and supervisors. Gained a great experience of dealing with some commercial websites and what to pick to solve the issue of the research.
I worked as a Student Ambassador. Everyone was friendly and there was always a great atmosphere. The management were helpful, kind, accommodating and positive. I would recommend this position highly.
Pros
Free lunches, Accommodating, Flexible hours
Cons
No Cons
It is really good institute to work with.I really adore the set up environment and people there. keep growing .I am happy.
All the best luck

Thanks

sidra
Pros
learning
Cons
contract only
Lugar magnífico para que se produzcan intercambios culturales y lingüísticos. Aula inmejorable y con todas las facilidades para llevar a cabo clases dinámicas y divertidas.
educational place to work where each day offers you a new challenge and the tools to overcome them.
Positive environment to work with plenty of amenities nearby.
DCU is one of the few places in ireland where the sky is the limit. It's unassuming, innovative and engaging on both technology and business levels. Students are put at the forefront of any activity around the university. Faculty are treated with respect and listened to by management.
En DCU aprendí a tener fluidez con el inglés. En cuanto a la dirección, puedo decir que era buena. Debo destacar que me gustaron las facilidades dadas para profundizar en el idioma en cuestión.
I was given the job of giving a tour to second level education students around the DCU Engineering faculty and providing them with an insight into the day to day life of a student in a course like Engineering.
Great place to work, and teams are friendly and supportive. A willingness to help and advance. managers very approachable and quickly become more that just a manger.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
few promotions
It was a great experience to help out with tutoring the first year students, and DCU were great at managing and co-ordinating everything.
Definitely helped me with improving my communication skills.
Great place to study, the layout of the coarse is very realistic to work life situations and it sets you up for your future career

Great opportunity and access to real life clients
Pros
Offers great opportunities
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dublin City University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3