Dublin City University

Dublin City University Management reviews

Ireland37 reviews
Great Place
I worked as a Student Ambassador. Everyone was friendly and there was always a great atmosphere. The management were helpful, kind, accommodating and positive. I would recommend this position highly.
Pros
Free lunches, Accommodating, Flexible hours
Cons
No Cons
Muy buen ambiente
Lugar magnífico para que se produzcan intercambios culturales y lingüísticos. Aula inmejorable y con todas las facilidades para llevar a cabo clases dinámicas y divertidas.
Great place to work and learn
DCU is one of the few places in ireland where the sky is the limit. It's unassuming, innovative and engaging on both technology and business levels. Students are put at the forefront of any activity around the university. Faculty are treated with respect and listened to by management.
Ambiente de trabajo bueno
En DCU aprendí a tener fluidez con el inglés. En cuanto a la dirección, puedo decir que era buena. Debo destacar que me gustaron las facilidades dadas para profundizar en el idioma en cuestión.
Interesting & Productive
A typical day at work was busy and I enjoyed the wide range of varied tasks each day. I worked under the best management I could possibly wish for. They helped me be the best possible employee I could be they encouraged me to develop my skills and offered me great opportunities while I worked there. It was a very enjoyable place to work and everyone was treated with great respect no matter what grade/postion you held. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of such a great team.
Friendly and exciting workplace
Working at DCU is exciting overall, my typical day involves hands on laboratory work, email writing, report writing and teaching.
I've learned about different areas of my field and have faced difficult but rewarding projects.

Management is great, you're allowed to work independently with your own ideas. The life to work balance is very good.
The hardest part of the work is lack of training and lack of opportunities for career progression. The people and variety of challenging work are joint top contenders for job satisfaction.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers
Cons
Lack of career progression
Part-time lecturer
I lectured on Human Resource Management to 2nd year Business Studies evening students. The main topics covered were Recruitment and Selection, Management Training and Development, Performance Appraisal and the Irish Industrial Relations System.
Ok
OK, good potential for career development but support from management is lacking particularly when not delivering core programmes on site. Quite bureaucratic at times which can be frustrating.
Good Salary for EFL
As with most EFL jobs in Ireland, this is not a job for life. If you have something else going on, like a writing career or a degree you are working on, you could do worse than working here.
Pros
Unionised, professional environment, higher than average rate of pay for the industry, lovely colleagues, international atmosphere, legitimate school
Cons
Extremely dysfunctional management, poor relations between teaching staff and management, little respect for teachers as professionals, not a lot of chance for advancement, little support for teachers in terms of professional development or student complaints
MEng thesis
Challenging MEng thesis experience in university with high quality standards.
Productive and focused
A typical working day is predominantly based within the research lab running experiements or within the office space analysing past data. I have learned a number of interesting and useful scientific analysis techniques as well as presentation and team working skills. Relationship between managment and staff is excellent, with the focus being on results rather than on hours of attendance in work etc. Co-workers are friendly and motivated. The hardest part of the job is the lack of long term job security with only short term contracts being available. The most enjoyable part of work is the interaction with co-workers and addressing scientific problems which are direct technilogical relevance.
Pros
management and co-workers
Cons
lack of long term job security