Dublin Coach

Dublin Coach Employee Reviews

Ireland14 reviews
I wouldn't recommend it to everyone. Only for people who are in a desperate need for a job, unfortunately. Some of the staff are very friendly and I met people there who are friends for life now, but the general conditions are not very good.
Its horrible place to work they have no respect of driver they treat u like a garbage I work as bus driver I had to beg to have my break, my tachogragh always over limit I worked minimum 13 hours day buses always break down , and u not get paid if ur bus break down manages keep shutting at u to use ur phone so they can contact u while ur driving they don't care if use ur licence
Cons
Some of the routes are very nice, but with bad unmaintained vehicles, some with broken outer windows and jagged glass showing on outside of the bus. Drivers windows which come out of the runners and lean into the road, luggage doors that don't lock so if you need to make time and take a corner too quick the luggage will fall in the road.
Lack of respect for the very people who go out there and try to make it all work and give a good service.

A disciplinary procedure run by ego power mongers who condemn all that come before them.

Not great at all, I don't know how they have kept their operators licence.
Pros
few
Cons
many
No structure no communication left hand does not know what right hand is doing defective buses and no respect for drivers and very little training.duty managers under pressure to keep services running I've known a duty manager .to do a 12 hour shift and then drive bus in service
Pros
Wages ontime
Cons
Everything else
Dublin coach.
if you want to work with a company that does not care about there staff or customers this is the place. i worked here for four months.

the worrying thing i see was you dont even do a walk around vehicle check which is required buy the RSA i would be here for a week telling people about this sham company . bus breaking down most of time.
Pros
did not see any
Cons
there is none
The worst company in Ireland. Maximum salary €650 5 days the week 11 hours the day. All the car's have mechanic problems. The duty manager's don't know what they do. I stay 4 months and I have problems from the office every day. 🤬🤬🤬
I worked here as a driver. There is so much that is bad about Dublin Coach I wonder what connections the owner or manager have that keeps them in business. Mostly junk and often dangerous Buses, regular breakdowns, no interest in customer service, management ignorant of regulations and have a bad attitude to drivers who point out that their ignorance puts the Drivers licence at risk. Always under time or breakdown pressure so, Driver walk around checks are rare. Pointing out bus defects is frowned upon. Passengers Drinking alcohol on a bus is illegal (not at Dublin Coach) adding more stress to the driver. Pay is bad, management is so bad it defies reason. Working conditions are bad, Buses are mostly patched up junk. Should you complain about any or all of this a Kangaroo court will sort you out without you being given a hearing. I believe this is a contender for the worst Bus Operator in Ireland if not Europe.
Pros
The payroll people are good
Cons
Everything about this organisation.
Pushed to the limit no overtime rate at all buses unsafe halt brakes are non existent can leave bus stops with a door open no passenger safety , to hot in the summer to cold in the winter as an example double deckers last summer when it was too hot 49 degrees upstairs no air con , buses freezing cold on the cold mornings when questioned about it they not interested
Then a minor accident on the n7 route pulled into the office over it even though it was not my fault and sacked

Be aware they not interested in the drivers only the revenue the buses earn they should be shut down
Cons
The management do not care at all, drivers are left alone with busses that should not even be on the road. Just few routes have good busses. There is no training at all except for the first induction day, which is absolutely not enough. They are understaffed therefore drivers work overtime (unpaid) every day of the week, 5 and sometimes 6days in a row. They don't discuss these things during interviews or induction day, u discover it after u sign the contract, and after if u ask they don't even answer ur questions. Also the working hours are 90% during the night (no night rate) and weekends, u need to ask to have a saturday off (no weekend rate). The previous 5stars reviews are obviously fake from management. I saw the last job advertisement they put salary from 32 to 50, absolutely not true, for drivers, not even after 7years drivers get 35
Pros
Payrole is puntual
The driver is pushed all time to overwork and the attitude of the management is useless. You left whit the problems alone.
The buses are in bad conditions.
Pros
Some taxfree money
At Dublin Coach there is a great team of people who are all available and willing to assist each other, from part time drivers to the general manager everyone feels part of a team and relate to each other.

Everyone is easy to talk to if there are any problems, breakdowns or issues with buses.

Straight away there is a line of communication and a solution and back up.

The working environment is relaxed and most drivers are very content in their jobs.

Hours are flexible and a day rate is paid which covers your shift.

There are opportunities for advancement and learning, so this company would suit new drivers to develop their skills.
Pros
Great team, good fleet of buses, plenty of diversity, good wages.
Cons
DC have introduced a great support network for new drivers. Making sure we are confident going out on the road, which I like very much. They have also introduced a new pay increase & going up 3.33% for the next 4 years . They must be doing something right!!
Pros
Good support and easy to talk to
Cons
Very busy
The Work Environment will gives loads of Opportunities to you to learn.
sometimes it will be too much for an individual to carry, if you are open for learning then DC is the Best to Go.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Too Much Responsibilities, needs Structure.
the work in itself is easy made hard only by the buses constantly breaking down and often unsafe. You are expected to be mechanic aswel as driver and if it is able to drive you are expected to drive it regardless of problems. Profit before maintenance seems to be the attitude.
Pros
you are left alone mostly
Cons
everything else.