DUBLIN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY

DUBLIN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Employee Reviews

Ireland10 reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Dublin Institute of Technology. My colleagues were extremely friendly and it was a very relaxed environment to work at.
It was just an easy 2 day job that I got paid for there were no problems. it was just long shift. Dit is good for giving opportunities to make a little bit of money while in full time education
Great Experience. Gave me a great headstart in my career with some great support.

Allowed me to build my own practice and have supported as I stepped out on my own
Good moral there with focus on teaching. Also plenty of opportunity to undertake research. Only drawback is pay is not sufficient for living in Dublin at the lower levels.
Dublin Institute of Technology is the higher Education in Ireland. It is excellent for environmental research and leaning. You can get a modern education at DIT.
Even though this is community work for me, it is fun for me to work as a peer mentor and it was great tutoring sixth year students biology. I like giving the most I can to help those who need help.
researching important information and being a general assistant.
Working with the Dublin Institute of Technology was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I wrote short articles for their children's webpage, clicnews.ie, which is an educational initiative accessed and used by primary schools across Ireland. The content of the articles ranged from informative pieces on animals, current events or other countries, to fun, child-friendly pieces on television and music.
I wrote two short articles every week for twelve months. It was a salary-free position; I took part simply to gain experience and to help bring child-friendly news to primary school classrooms. I found that working in this format gave me a better insight into editing and censorship, as the pieces could not be too long, and they had to be suitable for children between the ages of seven and twelve.

I found the job quite suited to my skill-set; there was nothing I found difficult about it. As it was a salary-free position, I mainly worked from home, and thus did not have any direct co-workers. I did, however, attend a seminar for the website, where I was able to meet some of the children who had read the articles, and the other journalists working on the site.

I found that the most enjoyable part of the job was reading the comments left by the children who read and enjoyed the articles. It was nice to see some feedback, and to see the children reading the articles, discussing ideas with other children, and learning how to navigate the website.

Altogether it was an interesting and insightful journalistic experience, and I would definitely consider working with the web team
 - more...
Pros
Ability to work from home
-Typical day involved the design of projects
-Execution of these projects

-Reports to superior(s) on a monthly basis
Pros
-autonomous, developed adaptability
Cons
-sometimes projects did not work after 1 year of work
I taught AutoCAD and Engineering Drawing part time to Diploma students. I learned the difficulty of keeping the attention of students of differing abilities, focused, and how to manage an environment where, especially in the AutoCAD class, I was younger than all the students. I had to teach and retain their respect, even though I was so obviously young. The hardest part of the job was having to talk and cajole for three hours almost without break, and not become hoarse, or lode focus. The most enjoyable part was in seeing people with no computing acumen grow in ability and progress enough to pass an exam unaided at the end of the year