Dublin Simon Community

Dublin Simon Community Employee Reviews

Ireland25 reviews

Good place for work with good team ..nice atmosphere.. salary is not bad still compared with other firms.work and life atmosphere is balanced Good working hours.Working atmosphere is nice.Good team members those who will help each other.free lunch provided.fair pay receiving as support worker

Pros

Free lunch

I wished it was better...

I had all the hope, will and education to succeed but the lack of leadership and clear role/scope of practice combined with fellow employees not complying with guidelines or protocols and only virtual support provided, can feel very lonely and lost. Being apart of the flexi-team made me feel like I belonged no-where and I was just filling in a spot instead of being able to have the rapport that typical work teams would have but being moved constantly really made it hard to feel part of the gang, made it hard to remember the rules of each building, no one was ever really guiding you and it was like fumbling in the dark and hoping you were on a shift with someone who would teach you. I wished it was better.

One big team with lots of movement and progression

There is a really collaborative feel about Dublin Simon, everybody from support services to frontline really do have the best interest of the services and clients at heart. In addition to this, there is constant scope for movement and progression, Either promotion with a team or else moving to a different role and thats really exciting that there are constant expertise being shared.

Good progression opportunities, rewarding work, supportive management

Collaborative culture, competitive at times. Amazing to see impact of the organisation’s work in services. Management is supportive and there are good opportunities to gain experience.

Rewarding and fun

Amazing staff, you feel like a member of a family. Support and key workers really care about their jobs and go above and beyond for the clients— so it’s a positive environment. Fantastic management, you feel supported which is important as the work can be stressful at times. The pay is decent but obviously Dublin is insanely expensive. Long hours including late in to the evening, but that is standard for this type of work.

Pros

Lovely staff, nice clients, good management

Cons

Long days, pay could be better for the area.

low paid but good team

They need to increase salaries and offer yearly increments, also - projects are extremely understaffed. High rates of burn out. Most Managers were very supportive but with limited resources. Colleagues were friendly to work with but under high levels of stress relationships were a bit intense as people react to stress differently. There should be more psychological and emotional support for staff.

Productive and good exposure

As I said earlier I like to meet new people and I know a lot of other staff from different services and I am definitely fascinated by their work. I think it also depends on whom you are engaging in. People have a great time when their energies match and when their ambiance is suited to their discussions. Thus after my knowledge acquired in the DIT training, I have a clear picture of my role as a social care full-time volunteer.

CEO and Management team are professional but lost vision and mission of charity

Have lost their effectiveness to help residents through too many layers of governance, property development and social correctness The grass roots elements rough sleeper team and mobile medical service are excellent

Pros

Rough sleeper team

Cons

Ceo & Senior Management Team

fast paced. relaxed. High level of skill required.

fast paced. relaxed. High level of skill required. engaging rewarding great atmosphere and sense of purpose within the workforce Dedicated Great work life balance

they ask for duty of care but they don´t care about their employees

I´ve never felt that bad working for anyone. They don´t care about their employees, they are just focused on the outcomes of the company and the move ons. i wouldn´t recommend it to anybody

Opportunities

A lot of different services to expand your knowledge as well as plentiful opportunities to progress in your career. Very supportive management. Training is provided which is very beneficial.

A place to get experience dealing with issues related to Homelessness,Addiction and trainings

DSC is an organisation where you learn and acquire the critical skills to deal with issues emanating from homelessness and addiction. There is huge support for staff. The hardest part f the job is meeting clients with very challenging behaviours.

Pros

Series of free trainings

Cons

challenging work environment

Fun workplace

Fun workplace health and safety of course hard work on your feet constantly also bad hours 12-9pm 4 days a week and 11-5 of a Saturday management are brilliant people

Pros

Comfy lunch room with all kitchen appliances and vending machines

Cons

Long hours and not much of a life

Fast pace environment

Direct line managers were excellent and there were opportunities for self- development and expansion of the organisation. However, the above was not financially matched and after 5 years working in the same organisation I was ready for a new challenge.

Pros

Learnt a lot

Cons

poor work/life balance and salary

Empresa boa

empresa muito boa, as pessoas te ajudam como podem.

Fun Run

Great charity to work for. Extremely organised and always someone there to help with any issues, would definitely recommend for anyone looking to do some good.

Rewarding

The people there were great and very helpful and it was interesting and rewarding to help people in need. Another classmate and I spent the days delivering food to homeless shelters across Dublin

Cons

far away

not a workplace

Dublin simon community charity run is not a workplace. I participated in the 5 mile run in 2012, 2013, 2014. the run was enjoyable and I done it with my school

A welcoming workplace with grat satisfactio

I enjoy working part time in Dublin simon I am a big supporter of the quest to end homelessness, i really get to interact with alot of people there, Iam gaining valuable experience which benifits my college social studies

Pros

Hands on experience working with vunerable adults

Cons

Im only working part time

Good Fun.

Good bunch Of People to work with and have a laugh. Always learning about new things, And loving it to be part of it. Staff are very nice and friendly.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

stressful and intimidating environment

very demanding and challenging workplace. a culture of intimidation and hostility has been created by management due to service users not held responsible for their actions.

Pros

friendly work colleagues

Cons

agressive/hostile clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dublin Simon Community. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement