Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa

Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa Employee Reviews

Very nice environment and management, one of the best place that I have worked so far , I definitely didn't feel just like a number in the company , they always took my opinion and concern as a consideration.
Pros
Nice environment and Management
Cons
Location not suitable to everyone.
I was working here for a short space of time as a porter, it was good and I was happy with the pay, I was treated well the job had perks such as how I got free lunch.
Wasnt good to work thete, was stressful and didnt pay good. 11 euro for hour its not enough for a spa therapist and no motivation to make you work harder. and tips from guest I never get it.
On the whole it was a positive experience working in the hotel with the opportunity to work in comfortable environments surrounded by many different people. Each day was different from the one before, and one never quite knew what to expect from each shift.
Bad management, no communication, no support. The workplace culture was fine. I learned how to work in a busy environment. High expectation but never outlined by anyone.
Pros
free lunch, free parking
Cons
bad atmosphere
Staff were so rude and all talked about eachother. Anything said will be repeated to a manager. Manager was so condescending . Pay was so poor and wasnt worth the stress of the job
Good place to work with great potential but the poor management makes it just average. All staff works hard to deliver high standards of service but unfortunately most of the management team have no understanding of the meaning of 'customer service'
Pros
great location, meals on duty
Cons
salary, management, shifts
Staff makes this place excellent to work in. All work is done on time and everyone puts that extra effort to make everything run smoothly. Management helps to achieve that.
Pros
Staff and management, excellent atmosphere to work in.
Cons
It's hard to say but flexible hours
A typical day in work involves waiting on assigned tables at events such as weddings, debs etc. Catering to the needs of guests and maintaining a clean work area. I have learned all the expected requirements that a waitress must possess. My management and co-workers are very friendly and are always there to help me when i need it. The hardest part of the job is making sure nothing goes wrong for the guests and making sure everything was up to their standards. This factor is also the most enjoyable part as I like a challenge and love that feeling of accomplishment when I know the guests have enjoyed their time and food.
Pros
Free lunches, Great management, Great atmosphere
Cons
Late shifts, Not as many hours as i would like.
keep kitchen nice clean and freshwork as a team (more that 50 persons)my co-workers absolutelly friendly and hepfulfunctions and wedingsstoring the food
Pros
nice people
Cons
non payed overtimes