Dunnes Stores

Dunnes Stores Employee Reviews

The store have a great vourity of stock in clothing, accessories, shoes and homewere in house holds. Management and staff are friendly to help in any way, show you round the store and put out stock in the floor.
Pros
Free volchers
Cons
Flexible hours
Very good to work in. Al people are lovely and very helpful. They are very reasonable with the hours and understanding when you’ve a problem. I really enjoyed my time here
Grest place to work staff really nice . Good working hours good working conditions. It’s an easy going environment and I got on well with the managers
Pros
10% off
Cons
Nights at Christmas
Bad place to work, you are just a number you will get no favours. Treat college students terrible (have you working during college hours, no time off for exams ect). People you work with are nice but management is horrible
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Staff, great, management so ignorant, roaring and shouting at staff was a common accurance. I personally watched on more than one occasion, staff be berated, insulted, and bullied to tears by management. It was discusting I have never and hope ever to see Or work for the likes of them again I stayed for 3monrhs until I found another job. Stay well away from dunne stores.
Pros
Cons
Instructional bullying
Not a great place to work. Nothing thought of you less than a number. Degrading at times. Management not pleasant to staff. Intimidation and belittle you if you allow them. Staff do not come first it's all about making money.
Pros
Bonus but its taxed
Cons
No communication no management skills nothing thought of you as a person
I absolutely lovely working in Dunnes Stores. The Staff and Management were amazing to work with. They were supportive when I had a problem and the training given to me helped a lot with the roll I was in.
Pros
Christmas Bonus, Great Work Environment
Working in Dunnes Stores can be very interesting most especially when one is able to work with the right managers who believe in justice and fair play; who do not allow discrimination to interplay with their conducts towards their multinational and multiracial staffers in their individual stores.
Very nice place to work with a relaxed atmosphere and very nice staff. Typical day included serving customers at the checkout. Great pay and benefits.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
working here for 3 years worst experience in a job ever got attacked by a worker HR Said nothing can be done because he was working there 15 years managers have there favourites and give the other people the harder jobs in the place.
Busy shop with great service.I was treated with respect. Schedule was preparing two weeks before for all next three weeks so I could plan in advance my privet life.
Alot of pressure on managers to make sales each week which they then take out their stress on staff. Fair pay but unreliable hours. Very unaccomadating if you want time off. Overall the work is fast paced and can be stressful but bearable.
Pros
Christmas bonus vouchers
Cons
3 hour shifts
I was in college full time and also on 30+ hours a week on top of that. I was working in the bakery department and it was understaffed as it was and I explained to my managers I wasn’t able to work certain shifts because I had lectures in college and they still would roster me for those hours. Main benefit was working time and a half on sundays
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
I was working on frozen food section for 10 months. Since I started there were 2 holes on the floor in the freezer which made taking out pallets difficulty. It was reported to management but they replaced it 9 months later. Sometimes it took me about an hour just to take out a pallet, basically it was push it at as war to the end as possible and run hoping it would jump over the hole, once it landed on my toes.
Pros
Paid over minimal, Christmas bonus etc, higher rate for working after midnight
Cons
Bad management, holes on the floor, usually working longer than roster said
A good company to start a career in to gain experience for the future. Not much training, thrown in at the deep end. Plenty of hours there if you want them.
Pros
Good job security. Plenty of hours.
Cons
Drapery managers very regimental.
Easy job pay wasn't great but had a laugh made some good friends gave me a lot of valuable skills wouldn't of changed my time there all managers were sound towards me
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Pay wasnt great
Absolute disgrace to work for. Poor management very derogatory, condescending and rude, lack of communication, favoritism, let a lot of employees go after one year, lack of canteen cleanliness. A lot of employees sit on iPads in the canteen during working hours and this leaves no seats for employees on lunch.
Cons
Great place to progress and plenty of experience from whole team,store manager was very supportive and worked shoulder with teams to improve productivity and passionate in every way
Pros
Teams, salary, customers, shifts
Cons
Long hours but thats retail.
Working in dunnes stores starts off great every1 of the managers are nice to you and then it changes you are expected to do alot while the managers do nothing but walk around all day no matter how much work you have to do you are expected to do it quick.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
You are just a number, Hr manager doesn't care about staff and treated like you are back in school again, not a good place to work.
Accommodate only to staff with same nationality as manager is, others will be treated like trash, use u and dump. If you are not Lithuanian don't even bother to apply.
Cons
It is a good job but a stressful environment sometimes. Good managers, loads of tasks to do on a regular basis. Young staff providing great services ...
  1. Employee reviews