Dunnes Stores
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Dunnes Stores Employee Reviews

Ireland872 reviews
A good company to start a career in to gain experience for the future. Not much training, thrown in at the deep end. Plenty of hours there if you want them.
Pros
Good job security. Plenty of hours.
Cons
Drapery managers very regimental.
Easy job pay wasn't great but had a laugh made some good friends gave me a lot of valuable skills wouldn't of changed my time there all managers were sound towards me
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Pay wasnt great
Absolute disgrace to work for. Poor management very derogatory, condescending and rude, lack of communication, favoritism, let a lot of employees go after one year, lack of canteen cleanliness. A lot of employees sit on iPads in the canteen during working hours and this leaves no seats for employees on lunch.
Cons
Great place to progress and plenty of experience from whole team,store manager was very supportive and worked shoulder with teams to improve productivity and passionate in every way
Pros
Teams, salary, customers, shifts
Cons
Long hours but thats retail.
Working in dunnes stores starts off great every1 of the managers are nice to you and then it changes you are expected to do alot while the managers do nothing but walk around all day no matter how much work you have to do you are expected to do it quick.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
You are just a number, Hr manager doesn't care about staff and treated like you are back in school again, not a good place to work.
Accommodate only to staff with same nationality as manager is, others will be treated like trash, use u and dump. If you are not Lithuanian don't even bother to apply.
Cons
It is a good job but a stressful environment sometimes. Good managers, loads of tasks to do on a regular basis. Young staff providing great services ...
Although the salary is good, working over 20 hours while full time in college is not worth it along with a manager who practically bullied some workers
Pros
Salary for a student
Cons
Authoritarian Management
Refused my redundancy pay after 15 years service, HR is non existent. Senior management have SERIOUS chip on their shoulder. Was cut from 39 hours a week to little more than 20 with no notice. I'm loathed to spend any money in there, unless it's an absolute emergency
Pros
Staff discount, thats about it
Cons
Too many to mention
NIce place to work
freedom

everyone is understanding

Good to work in teams

Lot of hours to earn enough money if you need of it

fast working place

overall is good for shopping
Managers on a power trip, many aspects of the contract ignored, work culture reminds me of being back in secondary school. HR manager totally unapproachable.
Worked in Dunnes Stores Parkway for Christmas first proper job the managers were really nice and patient and got on well with all the other staff, and it’s a very fast pace working environment.
Job was fast paced, fellow co workers were great help, only problem was the managers which bully staff. Three managers over you asking you to do different things at the same time expected to be done quicker than possible.
They want young hard working people but they don’t pay proper salaries the amount of hours you working is too much there no work life balance in dunnes store
Pros
Management and local non local difference
Cons
No body cares about you staff don’t respect managers if u r not irish you can’t grow in company
Desde el comienzo de mí día laboral los encargados de el shop floor nos dan las instrucciones pertinentes

Por ejemplo si tenemos delivery (entrega) de los proveedores, o si tenemos que cambiar/mover diferentes stands por promociones pactadas con ciertas empresas.

La cultura es de respeto, cooperación y sobre todo compañerismo, desde la gerencia hasta los subordinados.

Lo más difícil ha sido en fechas navideñas, pero al ver que el personal estaba apretado tomaron la decisión desde gerencia de contratar personal temporal. En consecuencia la empresa ha podido surtir los productos a la demanda elevada correspondiente de aquel momento.

Lo que más me ha gustado es el aprender día a día, la gestión de tiempo, la elaboración de los plantigramas para una mejor distribución de los productos para mayor llegada al cliente, la inteligencia detrás de cada oferta/ promoción semanal, incluyendo la logistica de los mismos.

Sin dejar de lado la utilización del inglés en el día a día, ya sea formal e informal.
You are kept moving at all times, staff are good to work with as are most of store level management. Communication can be slow between higher managemnet and individual stores. Trying to balance the shifts with home life is the most challanging part of working with Dunnes. The most rewarding part, besides making friends with staff and managment, is there is a valley of skills and knowledge to gain from the various departments if you put in the effort to find it.
Before i started in Dunnes i was told by friends that dunnes stores was a good place to work, pay well and its worth applying for a job which i did in Dunnes Stores Mallow and i got the job in the grocery department.I later regreted this.i worked there for a couple of years and every day was a struggle.Not because of work or staff who were very nice but because of certain management .They/He was a bully and didnt treat right.I cried most days coming coming in becaise of it .it was horrible.thankfully i left but i know there is some other staff that are going through what i went through .
Hopefully they will see sense and leave
Delighted to be working for Dunnes Stores for the past twenty years and looking forward to another twenty. Very good management team and lots of support. Great work mates and friendship.
If you are interested in Fashion and are a good worker either in a team or on your own, Dunnes is the place for you, the management and staff are amazing and I've made friends for life during my time here.
I loved working in Dunnes stores Cornelscourt. Unfortunately my time was cut short due to tragedy but when I worked there I was always on time and worked really hard, I was happy to given it was a lovely place to work. I found managment friendly and helpful. I woud jump at the chance to work in Dunnes again.
When i started in Dunnes Stores i felt at home the managers were good to me the staff were friendly and i blended in well. My hours were good, I did things at my own pace and it worked out well for me
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dunnes Stores. Our community is ready to answer.