Dunnes Stores

Dunnes Stores Employee Reviews

Found 824 reviews matching the search See all 1,039 reviews
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork25 January 2020
Weekly hours weren't too long or short which was perfect seeing as in a college student. Although sometimes stressful due to the two Christmas periods i was working there, it wasn't too hectic and there was a good atmosphere among staff and customers. Overall a good working experience.
Pros
Fun Workplace
Cons
Sometimes stressful
It was a good experience
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Priorswood, County Dublin23 January 2020
A typical day of work was packing shelf’s and faceing off at the end of the day the people I was working with were nice and easy to work with it was a good experience
You are just a number, not a person
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cornelscourt, County Dublin22 January 2020
HR couldn't care less about people. You are not allowed to be sick. Even if you work handling food and you have been getting sick few hours ago you have to go. If you have a family emergency and can't go to work they just don't care. They give up on you very easily for nothing (ex: being 1 MINUTE late, literally), but if you work more than you should (hours or tasks) they don't even say thank you, they do like nothing happened. Some HR are VERY rude with staff and disrespectful. They don't listen, they don't care. Don't even try to call in sick if you don't want one of their warnings.
Buen sitio para trabajar , estabilidad
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  County Clare15 January 2020
Buen sitio, compañeros, managers tr ayudan en lo que necesites
Pros
Buen ambiente, buen salario
Cons
Horarios
Customer service
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary14 January 2020
I worked in the drapery section of dunnes stores over Christmas. It was fast paced but a nice place to work. I had to make sure I was working at a fast pace and also get other jobs fone
Dunnes stores portmarnock was an awesome store.. great genuine staff, excellent managers, checkouts staff very friendly and helpful
I really enjoyed working with dunnes stores.
I want to thank you, dunnes for the opportunity and training given, was one of the best working environments
Pros
Friendly, helpful, heartfelt staff. Excellent management.
Cons
Na
Nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry8 January 2020
Nice place to work. Fair payment. Management very understanding and approaching. Old staff is nice and respectful. Younger workers are very competitive.
Stressful work place with litle support given
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Limerick8 January 2020
Can potentially be the right place for someone but need to put in the work in and be willing to put in a hard slog for a number of years to look at progresion
Sexist and a bunch of bullys. Younger people be aware
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Cork3 January 2020
Terrible place to work. Very sexist and finishing times are not your finishing times and management will force you to work on regardless if you explain you cannot due to your situation. I saw a manager verbally abuse a staff member in the car park in front of customers. Very unprofessional but managers act like dictators in this establishment anyway. Avoid unless your starving death a
Management are awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 January 2020
The management do not look after their staff. Complete bullies, they make you do the work or 2-4 people. They don’t consider your mental, physical or emotional wellbeing.
Some management to friendly with the staff so nothing is confidential. Everyone knows your business. It shouldn’t be allowed.
fast paced and customer focussed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shannon, County Clare2 January 2020
great as a part time job. their new contracts mean you are never on a full time contract. hours are difficult to come by and a lot of competition for them.
It was a pleasant place to work at. I experienced a lot and it helped me a lot with skills and confidence
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork2 January 2020
I would recommend being on time talk to everyone and try to include and help in everything dress appropriately and try not to stress too much it was my first job so I was so scared but they made me feel very welcome my experience was short but I would have loved to work there longer
Good
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 December 2019
Dunnes was good to work with . I leanered a lot while working at dunnes , I leanered how to deal with customers , how to keep up my time keeping , also how to use the tills .
fast moving and fun workplace
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Gaillimh, County Galway17 December 2019
it could get quite busy and stressful at times but i always had someone close by to help me when i needed it, i learned a lot about retail which will most likely help me a lot in the future. the managers were all lovely, helpful, funny and hardworking. the hardest part of the job would probably be having to remember how to deal with gift cards, vouchers, saving stamps and so on, they were quite confusing. i loved doing returns and facing off as it let me kind of go and explore around the shop while doing my job at the same time because sitting at the till all day can get quite boring and tiring. everyone was extremely friendly and helpful at all times and i got to make some friends while working there, dunnes has a great atmosphere and i would recommend working there to anyone.
Pros
having kitchen facilities for lunch
Awful management
Sales Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mallow, County Cork12 December 2019
Management are extremely condescending towards employees. In my time working there the main two managers constantly talked down to and belittled most peoples intelligence working on the shop floor.
A great place to start
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grocery, Patrick street, cork.10 December 2019
Dunnes stores is a very challenging place to work in Ireland, but in a good way. Having had the dunnes experience, I can say that I'm open to challenges and pretty sure I can fit in to anywhere else I find myself, and get the job done in a timely and efficient manner.
No career progression
Catering staff/ Barista (Current Employee) –  Cornelscourt, County Dublin9 December 2019
Managers has no manners, After 15 years I'm still a catering assistant. No career progression, favouritism, unfair place to work. Company just using staff as a piece of tissue paper.
Great workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare3 December 2019
Great place to work, great advancement. Management are great, great salary and the hour's are alway's flexible. Great staff and everything's alway's accessible.
Challenging work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enniscorthy, County Wexford30 November 2019
Timing must be perfect and duties must be done in time.. always must wear proper working suit.. the busiest work time are weekends and if for any reason you cant make your duties done.. there is team who will help you! .. management works hard.. but theres a lot issues they miss witch may couse the problems for company.
Very good job
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork27 November 2019
Nice atmosphere, easy job, full or part time available. Good benefits for employees. I was working on different apartments and I have very good experience everywhere