Dunnes Stores

Dunnes Stores Employee Reviews

Good enough place to work, nice work colleagues
Management poor always checking up on you impossible to please. No flexibility to work in other areas and I was only on 20 hours contract but was available fulltime.
Good and learning environment
My first part-time job and that too in Dunnes was rewarding.
Every day was a challenge for me.

I learnt tricks and techniques to handle customers, help customers with correct product knowledge.

The most enjoyable part was when I asked them to adjust my shift because my college work started to clash and they understood me.
Na
managers are not very nice.there to long
Think their a above the human race on every level.but what goes up must come down . Hopefully with a big bang.

Staff that are there a life time .. are stuck.And negative and unhappy in work place all due to a hourly rate of pay they have worked up .so can't leave. A minute is gold dust clocking in.Getting off your shirt ?. Over all would not recommend

Hr s are not human beings.

A minute
Sheisser hole
Manager had a psychotic episode after I stayed behind after the store closed. Lazy managers. Managers had an attitude. No fun. No extras except for card that had a lot of problems with it.
Pros
Paid more than minimum wage
Cons
Treated like dirt
Fast paced, Uneven hours ,Management was unclear at times but always helpful
Worked with lots of great people and made many long lasting friendships. Management was strict but fair and was overall polite. Hours were uneven and finding days off for important social/family events was difficult to a degree.
Pros
Long lunches, Friendly environment.
Cons
Uneven Hours, Lots of late shifts, little work/social life balance.
Productive work place.
Working in Dunnes Stores was a good experience. The staff were friendly and so were customers. The work wasn't too difficult and I thought it was more fun than hard.
busy and fast paced workplace
Dunnes is a very buys franchise and you are always kept busy and on your toes. Although it can be busy it is a great place to work. the pay is very good and I would happily work there again given the opportunity.
Nice place to work. Management very supportive and friendly
Nice place to work. Management very supportive and friendly. All staff members are friendly. The job is never dull as there is always something to be doing.
A good environment to work in
It is a good company to work for and all managers are very nice and show great appraisal when you do a good job.

Defiantly a recommendation for any young student/person looking for part time work
Fantastic
Brilliant to work for management care about employees and always make sure they are happy in work. Nice place to work for friendly staff and customers
The wrong people get rewarded
People who actually do their job get ignored, while people who jump off tills to hide on the shop floor essentially get promoted to self-service, where they stand around all day unless another member of staff or a customer needs them. That includes slackers working there much less than the people who do their jobs.

I worked there a year, and a girl who joined 6 months after me and had only worked there 3 months got given self-service duty. One evening I was guilted into working later as we were apparently short on staff, and yet after only 5 minutes of being on till, the two girls who were supposed to be working late jumped off and disappeared onto the shop floor. The managers are friendly and approachable, but utterly useless in dealing with these wastes of space and money. You are basically doing several people's jobs for one person's pay. I still remember the day 2 or 3 of us were struggling with the hoard of customers at the tills, wondering where the rest of the staff were, only to turn around and see at least 5 of the girls laughing and chatting away at self-service.

Do not work here unless you are somehow so gold hearted you don't mind being taken advantage of. If you already work here, don't be taken advantage of. If you see other people jump off tills, do the same when you have a chance. You won't get in trouble if the others don't, especially since you're one of the few people who actually do their job, and eventually the managers will be forced to do something. Even if for some stupid, hypocritical reason you do get singled out or threatened with being let
 - more...
I loved working on checkouts,
I just loved working in Dunnes Stores, it was very friendly, great atmosphere just an all rounder great place to work, I would highly recommend it and would be absolutely delighted if I got another chance to work there myself
Challenging, Productive and Fun
Receiving deliveries, pack up shelves, finish the delivery as much as possible and rest goes in stock room, stock rotation, make sure products are with correct labels and price tags, dates check and reduction sorted, clean up the back store area, helping colleagues.
Good company
Hard working and quick paes job you have to learn quick alot of good benefits. Be able to relocate good lines of communication. Nice company to work for
best team
There was best team good mangment hoars was sometimes good sometimes not.nad to far from my home.i wish to back there nad star work again but only in old dunnes store
Good work atmosphere
Great people to work for. Pay was good and hours were set to each individuals need. Management and employees were friendly and helpful. Overall a pleasant work environment.
Very friendly environment
I had a great time working in dunnes all the staff were very friendly and they have a great woman working in hr. She was very easy to approach and she would solve any problem you had.
Good
Work as part of a team you could run your dept daily without too much interaction with other managers close working relationships with area management
Good place to work you get your hours 3 weeks in advance and management and easy going and want the help you out as much as possible they is a fast pace
Many jobs to do with a great bunch of people. Good working hours manager is very good at hours. Accommodate well with student college time table. Feels good to be part of the team.
Fun and really productive workplace
Really rewarding work and brilliant welcoming staff that made me feel comfortable. Never felt out of place working here and enjoyed every minute of it. customers were also very nice.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dunnes Stores. Our community is ready to answer.