Easons

Easons Employee Reviews

Chill and Enjoyable Workplace

I always felt at ease on most days in Eason in my stay there. The management always helped when needed, and answered any questions I would have. The staff were super friendly too and always helped me out and gave me tips on doing stuff faster.

Easons

Over worked and underpaid Staff grossly inappropriate and with a manager that seemed more content trying to form a click of his favorites onlyIf you love books I’d give this a miss and if you want to be treated like a valuable member of the team I’d avoid as well

Pros

Cons

Bullying

Insights into Easons

• Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Enjoyed every day

Overall I enjoyed meeting people. I have 33 experience.. I was offered voluntery reduncy in may.. Did manual handling, till, customer service, stock control, orders, phone queries on phone and email..

Pros

Every day was different great team work..

Cons

Nothing to report. Was sorry I had to finish up

Good workplace with excellent manager

Good to work for. i worked there a number of times over the years. Mostly on till seeving customers, but got opportubity to help on other tadks as well. Very flexible with shifts. I was made redundant due to closure of stores, otherwise great to work for.

Good co workers

Training time is minimal. Availability is expected across the week and weekends. Lots to learn and kept busy at all times. Management dependent on the branch worked at.

Pros

Good co workers

Cons

Wide availability expected

Fun workplace

A good work - life balance and good working hours. Enjoyable work and not a stressful job. Nice management with really good staff overall who work well together.

Great colleagues

Minimum salary. Bad hours. Lunch break not paid. On your feet all day. Lack of respect from management. Sick days not paid for the first 6 months. No AC. Great colleagues.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Pay, hours

Fast paced

I felt happy working at Easons as a seasonal temp. The training was useful. There was calm atmosphere, organised work place, great support from supervisors/management and a friendly team.

Pros

1 hour and 15 min breaks, Great support from supervisors and management, Calm atmosphere, Friendly team Well organised

Cons

Quiet days

Enjoyable Workplace

I worked in Easons as Christmas staff and I really enjoyed it. I found it interesting to keep up to date with current book trends. The management were very fair, I never had any problems getting time off as long as I gave enough notices. Any changes to hours/roster are made in good time and are always confirmed with you first before they are changed. Very fair breaks. Staff were all lovely.

Pros

Hour long lunch breaks

Cons

Days felt very long when the shop wasn't busy

It was good for temporary work as a student

It was a lot of work, we were only allowed a 30 min break in 10-12 hour shifts which wasn't enough. Most of the staff were nice except a few. The job is good if you are only working for a short time, its definitely not for long term.

Pros

Good overtime pay

Cons

Long hours, short breaks

Brilliant and positive place to work!

Management were lovely and very understanding. Everyone was treated equally, no matter your age or work exp. Very easy to make friends here! I would happily go back and work for this company again!

Pros

Discounts in store!

Cons

Breaks are rarely set and stone, there is usually always some shifting around with other employees

Brilliant colleagues but poor pay

I currently work for Easons Abbey Center and have worked there for the past four years. I would recommend this job to students living at home that are looking some extra money. However, it is not a career as the pay is minimum wage and there is no job progression. I am very grateful for my lovely colleagues who are all fantastic and make the job worthwhile for me.

Easons is great

I love working in easons. The staff are so friendly and I feel and helpful. I feel really like part of a tight knit team working there. The wages are good and getting paid weekly is very helpful from week to week.

Pros

Friendly staff, weekly wages, relaxed environment

Cons

Some customers can be rude when you’re trying to do your job.

A fun and enjoyable workplace

Easons wasnt the best paying job with the greatest hours but you felt apart of a team there where your efforts were noticed and the staff were very friendly. I was quite an enjoyable play to work all round

It just work experience it really good

I have to do doing pricing for stocking like book or toys or helping customers and if manager need help I am listen to them very carefully and and be there early morning finish afternoon

Pros

I am going have to buy lunch

Cons

9 to 4

Good Work Experience

It was nice working there. The staff were really nice to me and I learnt a lot of skills. I loved working in a shop and getting to talk to customers and help them out.

Fast Paced , enjoyable work with fellow staff

The commute was an issue as it took 2 hours via Buses Staff for the most part were friendly helpful and just overall a team. We were treated more than fairly we were like family Management were somewhat strict but it was needed. Hardest part of the job was just certain pallets were hard to push on manual pallet trucks. Overall the job was enjoyable.

Review

there is always something to do. Jobs include restocking confectionary, drinks, cards and stationary, scanning magazines and newspapers for deliveries and returns, working on till, advising customers, having knowledge of lotto, cigarettes and scratch cards, pricing stock, etc. Head manager hard to talk to but could depend on shop. There is often a lack of communication between managers and staff. Can get very busy around Christmas and school time but the head office doesn't give us the budget to have enough staff on. The best part is the shop hours, co-workers and nice regular customers.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

no lunch/break room, lack of communication, difficult to get time off

Good routine and calm environmental

Easons was a nice calm place to work. I enjoyed my time and experience here. The staff were all very kind and welcoming. They were all very organised had a great routine and everyone was happy with their job there.

Pros

Pros: Calm environmental

Cons

Long Hours

Productive, good company to work for

easons is a great place to work for, the staff and management are always on hand when and if their need their help. Busy period around Christmas and school starting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Easons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Easons with

• Easons
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?