eBay Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from eBay Inc.:

eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

Ireland68 reviews
I worked for Ebay for almost 7 years and I got sick because of too much stress. I was an agent who wanted to work with a foreign language rather than my native language so after working 3 years there, they accepted to put me in a different team but it was really hard to change. I don't forget this amazing team spirit that took me too long to understand. I wanted to do everything by myself and did not understand the concept of working as a team at the time. At the time i was working there, there were 9 metrics and 1 was individual work & another one was collective work. It was extremely hard to combine the 2 because of constant technical issues that nobody knew how to fix, not even the Tech specialist. I learnt a lot more than in other workplaces however there was some definite intimidation from my manager at the time that I was unable to deal with & this constant work under pressure that i could not handle. My manager was expecting me to become a manager within a week but nobody gave me the note instruction. You have to figure things out yourself cause they dont know how to teach you that & if you are not able to do so, they try to get rid of you. It might have changed now as we are in 2020. Management seems to be a bit more understanding from what i heard which is good.
Pros
Good teamwork spirit, good culture good overall learning experience
Cons
Constant pressure from my manager
Not a nice place to work. Every second of every day is monitored scrupulously, continuously micromanaged. If you wish to progress your career, it’s a case of “who you know” not what you know. Expected to take calls for 8 hours straight without much of a break. Your calls are listened back to and criticised no Mather how well you handle them. I had to take leave of absence to deal with the stress of the job and was told to man up or risk losing my job
Pros
Good pay, good colleagues
Cons
Everything else. Toxic environment
eBay is a constantly changing and developing business, with new projects and tasks on a near daily basis.

Some management can be overbearing with micromanagement, but some of the management team are amazing and allow your to do your work, trusting you to make the correct decisions.

Work/life balance is the biggest negative, due to tight staffing, it can be virtually impossible to get time off when needed, despite a very good holiday allowance.
Pros
Great subsidized canteen
Cons
Very bad work/life balance
Typical day should be 9-5 as work/life balance is said to be important to eBay but this applied only to agents. My department hours were 60 plus per week and opportunities to 'take time back' were never available or discouraged/questioned. Hardest part of the job was delivering proven methodologies to managers who would not accept facts or chose to ignore recommendations. No opportunity to manage your time to include upskilling or training for advancement as my role changed every 2 to 3 months and was given additional work. Company did not use erlang to calculate service levels and majority of analysts could not complete basic excel calculations. Good points: canteen food was good and cheap, onsite gym, good pc kit provided.
Pros
subsidised canteen and free gym
Cons
Fast paced, constantly evolving workplace which is a challenge for the mind and body. Most positions change from day to day and force the employees to be adaptable, problem solvers and creative thinkers.
Racist and they don't offer any equal job opportunities
You have to be and expert in the job you applying or you wont be hire

They look at the las 3 months job experience this means if you by any chance or bad luck where working with an job agencies and you been from job to job as agencies do you certainly wont be even consider .
This company's old, stuck in the '90s. It's easy to get lost in the meaningless and pointless stacks of bureaucratic garbage that are produced whenever anything needs to be done. The CEO abandoned the ship, the most profitable companies of the portfolio are long gone, everything about eBay is decrepit, both as a company and a platform. I'd only advise you to apply for a job here if you're in your 50s,you have no ambition or you live in Blanchardstown.
staffs are provided with a very good welfare facilities which have a positive impact on productivity.
training is done regularly

management are well committed to health and safety
Pros
free gym
Customer Experience/
- Partner with Managers to analyze monthly/ quarterly goals

- Regular coaching sessions for each teammate targeted to the " Basics " (timeliness, accuracy,

professionalism, empathy and reliability)

- Quarterly / Monthly team action plan to increase teammate effectiveness

- Quality and analyses of teammates live phone interaction with the customer

- Collaborates with team leaders and teammates to identify strengths and opportunities

- Provides guidance, support and encouragement to instill confidence and trust that creates an

environment that allows teammates to unleash their potential

- Effectively utilizes the planning and scheduling process to conduct regular coaching sessions

- Conduct quality reviews of teammate performance to ensure quality service goals and standards are

met

- Provides job interviews for inside or outside candidates applied for position in my department.
working within eBay means you will be working alongside some very energetic and charismatic people which ensures that your day to day is light and fun.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at eBay Inc.?
Firstly positives amazing culture and diversity. And you will work with some of the best people. Benefits are ok but bonuses are unachievable. The reason for this is stats and markers constantly change and when you think you are achieving success and new target is applied. Old fashioned systems and processes for customer management. Promotions are all given
To those who are favoured as opposed to those who work hard. Management need to take a look at how they are treating staff remember they were once

too agents.
Pros
Cons
Work life balance, shifts, customer call volumes, unachievable bonus
Great place to work. Team are lovely. All different departments to work. Long hours. Salaries are not great in some departments but you can advance to them. Some benefits the company give out and look after staff at Easter and Christmas as have to work those days
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Long days short breaks
I enjoyed my time in eBay. I started at 24 and left at 35, and they taught me everything I know. I was lucky to have been promoted a few times in 11 years but every so often the company will launch a reorg and jobs go.
Pros
Premium health insurance, free gym, canteen, activities all year round, 200 hours a year PTO, 1 extra month off every 5 years of service, Bonus, free merchandise, free coffee and sparkling water on tap!
Cons
Located on site of a very busy shopping centre and traffic can be mad.
eBay is a great company to work for. Diverse, multicultural and inclusive.
Learned a lot in the roles sadly there was no more career progression in my role
Pros
flexible working hours
Bad management , bad working hours , unfair shifts allowcated , more than likely will be working every bank holiday and Xmas day , I would strongly not recommend
Pros
Great staff in same level
Cons
Extremely bad management all the way up
Ebay was once a company that you were proud to have been taken on board with but a lot of tenured staff have left due to feeling unappreciated and having to answer to "leadership" who are clueless to their role.
Calibre of staff has significantly dropped.

Team leaders and coaches are promoted in regards to who they know and not what they can bring to the table.

Very cliquey environment and this includes management.

Nothing is in confidence and some management seem to get a kick out of publicly giving out to agents instead of booking a meeting room.

This company claims to be all about equality and inclusiveness but not everyone gets an equal chance at progression and you're included if you stand at a smoking area most of your day to gossip and backstab.

A lot of agents take sick days because they can't stand the job as you take on the role of 4+ departments.

Shift patterns are a joke as you can be in 12.30-9 one day and the very next day be in from 8-4.30.

Only positive things about ebay are having their name on your CV and to show you that the grass isn't always greener working for a well known brand.
Pros
A lot of overtime going if you need extra cash, having ebay on your CV will open many doors, good basic pay as opposed to other call centres.
Cons
Management are blind leading the blind, condescending coaches/TL's, bad shift pattern, constant tech issues, gossiping two faced environment.
Learned a lot about the inner-workings of Ebay and the work of its various departments.
Got a good sense of a possible career in such a sector of employment
Pros
Free lunches
best place I ever worked
great salary and benefits

positive work environment

excellent workplace culture

out of hours activities

training and promotion very accessible
Very few opportunities to advance in this company. Management are very poorly trained and have very little leaderships skills. There is little staff retention due to the highly stressful nature of the job.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
very poor work environment with little management structure
It was great working there and fantastic managers made it very organised. Very hard work in eBay's hardest department. High targets and hard work. Pays off with the companies atmosphere and add ons.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Many Different accents
The people in eBay make the company. Great culture and never a dull moment. Depending on what team you work on you may be on a shift rotation or a 9-5:30 standard shift.