eBay Inc.

eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace. Customer Experience/ - Partner with Managers to analyze monthly/ quarterly goals - Regular coaching sessions fo
Customer Experience/
- Partner with Managers to analyze monthly/ quarterly goals

- Regular coaching sessions for each teammate targeted to the " Basics " (timeliness, accuracy,

professionalism, empathy and reliability)

- Quarterly / Monthly team action plan to increase teammate effectiveness

- Quality and analyses of teammates live phone interaction with the customer

- Collaborates with team leaders and teammates to identify strengths and opportunities

- Provides guidance, support and encouragement to instill confidence and trust that creates an

environment that allows teammates to unleash their potential

- Effectively utilizes the planning and scheduling process to conduct regular coaching sessions

- Conduct quality reviews of teammate performance to ensure quality service goals and standards are

met

- Provides job interviews for inside or outside candidates applied for position in my department.
Stuck in the '90s.
This company's old, stuck in the '90s. It's easy to get lost in the meaningless and pointless stacks of bureaucratic garbage that are produced whenever anything needs to be done. The CEO abandoned the ship, the most profitable companies of the portfolio are long gone, everything about eBay is decrepit, both as a company and a platform. I'd only advise you to apply for a job here if you're in your 50s,you have no ambition or you live in Blanchardstown.
fun people with great atmosphere
working within eBay means you will be working alongside some very energetic and charismatic people which ensures that your day to day is light and fun.
No Consistency
Firstly positives amazing culture and diversity. And you will work with some of the best people. Benefits are ok but bonuses are unachievable. The reason for this is stats and markers constantly change and when you think you are achieving success and new target is applied. Old fashioned systems and processes for customer management. Promotions are all given
To those who are favoured as opposed to those who work hard. Management need to take a look at how they are treating staff remember they were once

too agents.
Pros
Cons
Work life balance, shifts, customer call volumes, unachievable bonus
Fun place
Great place to work. Team are lovely. All different departments to work. Long hours. Salaries are not great in some departments but you can advance to them. Some benefits the company give out and look after staff at Easter and Christmas as have to work those days
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Long days short breaks
Great place to launch you career... and you might as well stay!
I enjoyed my time in eBay. I started at 24 and left at 35, and they taught me everything I know. I was lucky to have been promoted a few times in 11 years but every so often the company will launch a reorg and jobs go.
Pros
Premium health insurance, free gym, canteen, activities all year round, 200 hours a year PTO, 1 extra month off every 5 years of service, Bonus, free merchandise, free coffee and sparkling water on tap!
Cons
Located on site of a very busy shopping centre and traffic can be mad.
Knowledge Management specialist
eBay is a great company to work for. Diverse, multicultural and inclusive.
Learned a lot in the roles sadly there was no more career progression in my role
Pros
flexible working hours
Horrible place to work
Bad management , bad working hours , unfair shifts allowcated , more than likely will be working every bank holiday and Xmas day , I would strongly not recommend
Pros
Great staff in same level
Cons
Extremely bad management all the way up
Good name to have on CV.
Ebay was once a company that you were proud to have been taken on board with but a lot of tenured staff have left due to feeling unappreciated and having to answer to "leadership" who are clueless to their role.
Calibre of staff has significantly dropped.

Team leaders and coaches are promoted in regards to who they know and not what they can bring to the table.

Very cliquey environment and this includes management.

Nothing is in confidence and some management seem to get a kick out of publicly giving out to agents instead of booking a meeting room.

This company claims to be all about equality and inclusiveness but not everyone gets an equal chance at progression and you're included if you stand at a smoking area most of your day to gossip and backstab.

A lot of agents take sick days because they can't stand the job as you take on the role of 4+ departments.

Shift patterns are a joke as you can be in 12.30-9 one day and the very next day be in from 8-4.30.

Only positive things about ebay are having their name on your CV and to show you that the grass isn't always greener working for a well known brand.
Pros
A lot of overtime going if you need extra cash, having ebay on your CV will open many doors, good basic pay as opposed to other call centres.
Cons
Management are blind leading the blind, condescending coaches/TL's, bad shift pattern, constant tech issues, gossiping two faced environment.
exciting work environment
best place I ever worked
great salary and benefits

positive work environment

excellent workplace culture

out of hours activities

training and promotion very accessible
Poor management
Very few opportunities to advance in this company. Management are very poorly trained and have very little leaderships skills. There is little staff retention due to the highly stressful nature of the job.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
very poor work environment with little management structure
Hard Work, Great Atmosphere!
It was great working there and fantastic managers made it very organised. Very hard work in eBay's hardest department. High targets and hard work. Pays off with the companies atmosphere and add ons.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Many Different accents
The People Make the Company
The people in eBay make the company. Great culture and never a dull moment. Depending on what team you work on you may be on a shift rotation or a 9-5:30 standard shift.
I've worked in several companies for 20+ years, since then I moved to eBay and its the best career move ive made
Ignore the hatters, they will rarely be happy no matter where they are.

Ive worked in a lot of sector's, travel and tourism, food and beverage, sale and marketing, pharmaceutical sales, recruitment and human resources and I can honestly tell you moving to eBay was the best move of my life let alone my career.

You work on targets, this helps you stay motivated and challenged, if you care about making a service great for others then this is your company.

The benefits of working for eBay are next to none, health care life insurance and so many social events I've never wanted to be with my colleague more in any other company.

The pay is good, you have many incentives, but it's simple if you are a good worker, and are a valuable employee you are rewarded, if you are a person who wants to get paid for doing nothing this isn't your place.

eBay strives on satisfaction both for it's members and employees.

So if your looking for an excellent work like balance, a management and training team that want you to succeed and a company you can work in with out fear or worry then join. It's the best move you will ever make. And if you do join and your struggling, be smart and ask for help before you give up, be open to improvements and you will be climbing the career ladder in life in no time.
Pros
Out of office events, health insurance, career growth, yearly schedule with 8 out of 10 weekends off
Cons
Salarys aren't matched when you are leaving a company, so you might have to take a pay cut but with good performance, you will be making money in a less stressed enviroment I gurantee
Just dont work here
eBay is a horrible company to work at first you will think it is great but under the fake face of the company of eBay you will see that management and TLs just dont give care about you or your personal life , you are a pawn in there company. Forget about getting vacations planned , not going to happen. Training and supporting staff dose not exist. I watched alot of good people get let go from the company over the last 2 years over the result orientated company and they were perfect for the job did everything right but because they customer didnt like them and they got a bad review they got they boot. I quit eBay due to the way the company just dosent care about its employers. Take this as a warning , if you like seeing your family and friends dont apply to work here as you will never get time off and will never get a vacation you need.
Pros
your co workers are awesome
Cons
no respect, no time off, worked to the bone.
Oppressive corporation
eBay is a perfect example of a parasitic multinational corporation that slowly sucks the life out of its workers while underpaying and abusing them demanding incredibly high standards while not even providing competent managerial staff, the managers would have to be the worst part keeping the rest of the rank and file workers down, they are nothing but corporate lapdogs and are undeserving of they’re higher station.
Pros
Cons
-lack of opportunities for promotion, terrible cafeteria, long working hours, badly paid
big company - huge expectations
when you going to work for ebay expect to be expected to deliver above and beyond, having being managed by under qualified management and wanting you to deliver crazy results without actually helping you. Want a bonus? HAHAHA- lets make targets unrealistic and see how are will achieve them.
Good to work here for diversity and to achieve some experience, but don't stay more then year - 1, 5 you will burn out.
Great Culture, Mission and People
Loved working for this great company and would work there again if the right role came up. Work-life balance can be tricky but in the end it's up to each one of us to strike the right balance, most leaders at eBay are accommodating and understand family pressures.
Fun workplace
job is a bit repetetive but colored environment make the life balance sostenible. Young people with artistic skills. Good working experience for not more of 2 years.
Pros
parties
Cons
wage is low
Dyamic and International environment
Overall eBay is a good company to work for.

I found the benefits and perks of working for the company were very good like great health plan, subsidised canteen, gym on site...

The international environment gave me an incredible opportunity to collaborate and socialise with people of many different origins.

Ebay encourages sociability and fun in the work place.

The site in Dublin is mainly customer service oriented and I found the chances to progress limited within this structure. This was the main draw back and what lead me to move on from the company eventually.
Pros
Great fringe benefits, fun, young, social environment
Cons
Limited opportunities for career advancement
Wonderful place to work.
EBay is a fantastic place to work where every voice is heard and respected.
There are many opportunities for growth for all also. Employees are respected as much as our members on the site.

The culture is the epitomy of inclusion and respectful for all. We are diverse in culture, thoughts, lifestyles and any other way imaginable...yet we are all celebrated.
Pros
Fantastic Health Care, free fruit daily, understanding Leadership team...I could go on!
Cons
Late shifts and weekend work