Economic and Social Research Institute

Economic and Social Research Institute Employee Reviews

Ireland3 reviews
Good environment and friendly workforce. Flexible hours to suit employees. Great sense of work-life balance. Great location in grand cancel dock with easy access using public transport.
The job is stressful and the salary is not encouraging. If you are doing home interview you need to Gadai station to let the no you are working in the area for security purposes.
Working at the ESRI and especially in PRICE Lab requires high attention to detail. It is important to question your assumptions and always return back to your main research question/s when designing experiments or analyzing data. I have learned an immense amount over the past four years working here. I gained excellent knowledge of econometrics and programming in various languages for example. I would argue that the best part of this job is the constant challenge of finding answers to new questions. When designing a new experiment for example, one must identify relevant literature to see what others have done. It is also important to conduct an analysis of existing market patterns so that the experiment is as realistic as possible. Following this, extensive piloting needs to be done to isolate limitations to be addressed. Often simulations have to be programmed as well to uncover potential pitfalls with the experimental design. I will miss working here, especially the colleagues that were so nice to me.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Inability to become permanent due to internal policies