Play YouTube video button

Eddie Rockets Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Dublin1 October 2019
Very good work environment, extremely good staff and great management. The only down side is its so busy that when new staff are being trained things tend to build up and customer satisfaction dwindles.
Empresa dinâmica
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 September 2019
Uma empresa dinâmica, embora tenha uma rotina intensa de trabalho, promove um ambiente agradável aos funcionários e clientes.
It was a challenging yet rewarding working environment
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Dundrum, County Dublin24 September 2019
I would review Eddie Rockets, Dundrum as a good experience overall. It is a very accessible job for somebody starting with no experience. You know your hours in good time, you are paid correctly and on time. It is an organised job, perfect for somebody in university as they are flexible with the hours.
Hard work, Zero benefit
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 September 2019
I worked for nearly 2 years for Eddie Rockets, initially was very good, very enjoyable, friendly staff and overall good fun.

However as time passed I realised the staff of Eddie Rockets are practically slave labour to the management, Managers from Head Office knew nothing nor cared about their employees and had absolutely zero understanding of how a shift would effectively operate in their restaurants.

Personally I believe Eddie Rockets to be a "Spare every expense possible" sort of company, where they would have a shift undertaken with as little money spent as possible. This resulted in constant shortage of staff with only one waiter and supervisor closing the shop on a typical night no matter how busy it got, also leaving them to clean the entire shop with only two people on a closing shift

Being promoted to supervisor was like punishment because they were undertaking the same work as before but with much more responsibility and about four times the level of stress, the only benefit being a slightly higher pay rise. I once had a colleague in my store promoted to supervisor and after a few weeks they started smoking full time. At least once every fortnight the roster would be given to the staff with a closing shift one night and then an opening shift the very next day.

No security was provided at any time with the exception of nights with a concert or something similar near by, unfortunately the food attracts many undesirable customers adding more problems for the employees who are already being overworked on a normal night.

After working there for nearly two
  more... years I have been underappreciated by the management, been under high levels of stress, received insults and physical assaults from customers and despite all that I have nothing at all to show for it other than waiter experience on my CV.  less
Pros
Waiter Experience. Lively atmosphere
Cons
Long shifts, Extremely varied rosters, Undesirable customers
Loved working for Eddies
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Newbridge28 July 2019
Staff were so friendly and helpful
Manager was very understanding and easy to talk to
Shifts were done weekly and were easy to still maintain a life outside of work
restaurant was always busy and it was a very fast paced job but very easy to socialise
Definitely brought me out of my shell and made me more confident
Pros
Food on a shift good tips
Cons
had to commute to work which was not ideal
Muy buen ambiente de trabajo.
Camarero (Former Employee) –  County Dublin16 June 2019
Buen ambiente, pagos puntuales y entorno agradable.
Pros
Salario y entorno.
Cons
La inestabilidad de los turnos.
Was a great atmosphere
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Celbridge, County Kildare12 May 2019
I enjoyed working with Eddie rockets. I or to know so many people working there and have made life long friends. The salary’s could be better and tips given more frequently.
Pros
16€ food for lunch for €2.50
Cons
Split shifts late starts could have three hour shifts
Good
Assisting Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 May 2019
My work at Eddie rockets gave me alot of experience , it thought me a lot also. I had some good times there but I feel it is time to change, The people there are also very good to work with.
fun workplace
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Waterford, UK22 March 2019
fun workplace, learned a lot and met some really wonderful people. i worked as a KP so i had an important role to help keep the business running smoothly
Really busy place, not so friendly people and the manager in charge during my working period was rude
Kitchen Porter / Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 March 2019
Heavy duty, you could find easily a better place, careless staff lots of work and a clear preference for some emlpoyees making their jobs a lot easier and yours harder, some responsibilities from the other employees we’re often given to me because “ I was slower so I made them work harder”.

The best part of the job was leaving and the second best, they pay more on Saturdays.
Pros
They give you letters for the PPSN and you pay 2€ for meals
Cons
Bad working environment, careless staff and heavy duty job, minimum wage.
very busy restaurand
Chef (Current Employee) –  Dublin8 March 2019
start cook burgers and other dishes follow by spesific recipie
learned cooking burgers and make frozen foods
learned to be part of the team
keep clean the kitchen and of the day clean the grills and fries part
Friendly
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin22 February 2019
working here I made some great friends, their management is flexible enough if time off is required and they try their best to look after their staff.
Fun
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Waterford17 January 2019
Great staff and great management. Always someone there to help if you need it. Best job I have ever had as everyone works together and communicates really well
Fun and challenging
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin2 November 2018
It is a good place to start your career. I started as a waiter and after a year I got promoted to work as a shift manager which this experience has taught me a lot, especially when comes to dealing with customers and managing staff. It has definitely made me more confident.
Pros
Free lunch, fun environment.
Cons
Low wages
growing fast fun workplace
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 October 2018
good place to work in. Having fun with coworkers. Management very helpful, always ready to give advice.
The hardest time (the busiest) was always when kids were off from school especially all bank holidays, mid terms, and Christmas break :)
Lively and exciting workplace
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Port Laoise, County Laois29 August 2018
The average shift in Eddie's lasts between 6 and 8 hours, with 2-3 weekly. The management are very helpful and flexible, the work is a team-based approach and it is a democratic environment for all staff, as communication comes from the top-down and the bottom-up.
Pros
Free lunches
proactive place
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  dublin13 June 2018
It was all right to work apart from management . Especially , supervisors and managers hard to deal . It is easy to be a supervisor or manager , sometimes 1 month experience is enough for the company.
Very busy workplace
Kitchen porter, kitchen assistant (Current Employee) –  County Dublin29 March 2018
A typical day at work is usual very busy. You need to be fast and well organized to handle with everything. Most of the staff is friendly and helpful.
There should be some rewards in company, like best employee of the month.
The hardest part of job is to working every weekends, bank holidays etc.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No future prospects
Fun place to work due to other staff members
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Omni Park, County Dublin22 February 2018
While being a fun place to work, it is not worth the amount of stress due to understaffing and lack of knowledge.While being enjoyable and a very staff friendly shop the customer service is lacking in many staff members due to lack of English.
Pros
lunches for 2 euro
Cons
lack of training and supervison
Good experience bad management
Chef, Prep Chef, KP (Former Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare20 February 2018
Very good place to work for a while. Management started to get very bad after a year I was there, boss cutting hours , putting less people for closing entire restaurant and complaining why did it took so long the next day, very good experience to learn about fast food kitchen preping and cleaning, bad supervisors
Pros
Free lunch, brakes
Cons
Bad supervisors, lack of professionalism, blaming one person for the others faults, cutting hours to save money when earning thousands