Eddie Rockets logo
Eddie Rockets

Eddie Rockets Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, good experience, productive.

I enjoyed my time working at Eddie rockets. I feel like it improved my communication skills a lot, as I was dealing with people all the time. It’s a really fun place to work, staff were lovely, very welcoming and bubbly. I felt like the money was very good, I got paid even though I was just there on work experience. I would definitely take a job like this up as a part time job because now I really love waitressing and dealing with people, I feel like I’m very good at it now. I would definitely recommend working at Eddie rockets to someone else, yes.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Productive but not so fun workplace

Working in Eddie rockets is very fast paced. You have to be prepared to deal with all sorts of people and can very rarely ask a co worker for help with something.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Terrible management

Bad

Terrible owner , wages never given on time tries to find every excuse to dock wages,good staff treated like dirt and you are just a number have to pay for food no extra pay on a Sunday ,cash in hand won't put it through a bank every few weeks someone leaves,owner has no clue how to run a restaurant blames staff for everything 4 managers in 3 years.owner brings in own products if he can't afford an order

Pros

Cons

Terrible ownership, bad products, no extra Sunday pay, minimum wage for a extremely fast paced job

stressful but fun work

times could be stressful and you have a lot of responsibility. some times you are asked to look after tasks that were not in your job description but all together a good place to work ( would advise it to be for part time rather then full time work)

Extremely friendly working Environment

Having worked in the Newbridge branch for just over 3 months, I not only learned plenty of skills such as customer service skills and food safety skills, but also learned to work in a productive and fast-paced environment with the help of the extremely friendly staff members all of whom taught me what it is to be a great waiter. I would go back in a heartbeat :)

Pathetic experience

Pathetic management. Absolute shambles. The management is extremely biased , rigid and dominated by politics. I received 0 training whatsoever fornkost of the processes. I learned half of the tasks by myself and was expected to handle the kitchen. Head chef had no accountability whatsoever. Just because he worked for more than a year he acted like the manager . Pathetic.

fast paced

Working day and night-time, antisocial hours, night shift weren't paid on any higher rate. The staff is very nice and easy to get on with, the management isn't that good though

I enjoy working in Eddie rockets

Nice people's, nice management, payment is great was a pleasure to work with them, Its a busy place, the big boss always been polite to everyone frome kp to managers đź‘Ť

Really good atmosphere, fun place to work but pay and management are awful. Would recommend to young people as it is flexible and usually nice workers

Busy working days

Atypical day at work would be stressful as things needed to be done as fast as possible to ensure customer satisfaction. There were flexible working hours and did not have to ask for time off in a lot of advance.The toughest part of the job was negative workplace culture on busy days.

Jobs at Eddie Rockets

See more jobs

Productive and fun workplace

Great people to work for and with, discounted lunches,balcony smoking area has a great view .can be up and down in there but you will always get your hours.

Pros

Combo lunches for 2.50, good management

Cons

Not enough hours if your not in college

Fun workplace

Very good work environment, extremely good staff and great management. The only down side is its so busy that when new staff are being trained things tend to build up and customer satisfaction dwindles.

Empresa dinâmica

Uma empresa dinâmica, embora tenha uma rotina intensa de trabalho, promove um ambiente agradável aos funcionários e clientes.

It was a challenging yet rewarding working environment

I would review Eddie Rockets, Dundrum as a good experience overall. It is a very accessible job for somebody starting with no experience. You know your hours in good time, you are paid correctly and on time. It is an organised job, perfect for somebody in university as they are flexible with the hours.

Hard work, Zero benefit

I worked for nearly 2 years for Eddie Rockets, initially was very good, very enjoyable, friendly staff and overall good fun. However as time passed I realised the staff of Eddie Rockets are practically slave labour to the management, Managers from Head Office knew nothing nor cared about their employees and had absolutely zero understanding of how a shift would effectively operate in their restaurants. Personally I believe Eddie Rockets to be a "Spare every expense possible" sort of company, where they would have a shift undertaken with as little money spent as possible. This resulted in constant shortage of staff with only one waiter and supervisor closing the shop on a typical night no matter how busy it got, also leaving them to clean the entire shop with only two people on a closing shift Being promoted to supervisor was like punishment because they were undertaking the same work as before but with much more responsibility and about four times the level of stress, the only benefit being a slightly higher pay rise. I once had a colleague in my store promoted to supervisor and after a few weeks they started smoking full time. At least once every fortnight the roster would be given to the staff with a closing shift one night and then an opening shift the very next day. No security was provided at any time with the exception of nights with a concert or something similar near by, unfortunately the food attracts many undesirable customers adding more problems for the employees who are already being overworked on a normal night. After working there for nearly two -

Pros

Waiter Experience. Lively atmosphere

Cons

Long shifts, Extremely varied rosters, Undesirable customers

Loved working for Eddies

Staff were so friendly and helpful Manager was very understanding and easy to talk to Shifts were done weekly and were easy to still maintain a life outside of work restaurant was always busy and it was a very fast paced job but very easy to socialise Definitely brought me out of my shell and made me more confident

Pros

Food on a shift good tips

Cons

had to commute to work which was not ideal

Muy buen ambiente de trabajo.

Buen ambiente, pagos puntuales y entorno agradable.

Pros

Salario y entorno.

Cons

La inestabilidad de los turnos.

Was a great atmosphere

I enjoyed working with Eddie rockets. I or to know so many people working there and have made life long friends. The salary’s could be better and tips given more frequently.

Pros

16€ food for lunch for €2.50

Cons

Split shifts late starts could have three hour shifts

Good

My work at Eddie rockets gave me alot of experience , it thought me a lot also. I had some good times there but I feel it is time to change, The people there are also very good to work with.

fun workplace

fun workplace, learned a lot and met some really wonderful people. i worked as a KP so i had an important role to help keep the business running smoothly

Really busy place, not so friendly people and the manager in charge during my working period was rude

Heavy duty, you could find easily a better place, careless staff lots of work and a clear preference for some emlpoyees making their jobs a lot easier and yours harder, some responsibilities from the other employees we’re often given to me because “ I was slower so I made them work harder”. The best part of the job was leaving and the second best, they pay more on Saturdays.

Pros

They give you letters for the PPSN and you pay 2€ for meals

Cons

Bad working environment, careless staff and heavy duty job, minimum wage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Rockets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement