Eddie Rockets

Eddie Rockets Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin30 reviews
I enjoyed my time working at Eddie rockets. I feel like it improved my communication skills a lot, as I was dealing with people all the time. It’s a really fun place to work, staff were lovely, very welcoming and bubbly. I felt like the money was very good, I got paid even though I was just there on work experience. I would definitely take a job like this up as a part time job because now I really love waitressing and dealing with people, I feel like I’m very good at it now. I would definitely recommend working at Eddie rockets to someone else, yes.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Pathetic management. Absolute shambles. The management is extremely biased , rigid and dominated by politics. I received 0 training whatsoever fornkost of the processes. I learned half of the tasks by myself and was expected to handle the kitchen. Head chef had no accountability whatsoever. Just because he worked for more than a year he acted like the manager . Pathetic.
Working day and night-time, antisocial hours, night shift weren't paid on any higher rate. The staff is very nice and easy to get on with, the management isn't that good though
Nice people's, nice management, payment is great was a pleasure to work with them, Its a busy place, the big boss always been polite to everyone frome kp to managers 👍
Really good atmosphere, fun place to work but pay and management are awful. Would recommend to young people as it is flexible and usually nice workers
Very good work environment, extremely good staff and great management. The only down side is its so busy that when new staff are being trained things tend to build up and customer satisfaction dwindles.
Uma empresa dinâmica, embora tenha uma rotina intensa de trabalho, promove um ambiente agradável aos funcionários e clientes.
I worked for nearly 2 years for Eddie Rockets, initially was very good, very enjoyable, friendly staff and overall good fun.

However as time passed I realised the staff of Eddie Rockets are practically slave labour to the management, Managers from Head Office knew nothing nor cared about their employees and had absolutely zero understanding of how a shift would effectively operate in their restaurants.

Personally I believe Eddie Rockets to be a "Spare every expense possible" sort of company, where they would have a shift undertaken with as little money spent as possible. This resulted in constant shortage of staff with only one waiter and supervisor closing the shop on a typical night no matter how busy it got, also leaving them to clean the entire shop with only two people on a closing shift

Being promoted to supervisor was like punishment because they were undertaking the same work as before but with much more responsibility and about four times the level of stress, the only benefit being a slightly higher pay rise. I once had a colleague in my store promoted to supervisor and after a few weeks they started smoking full time. At least once every fortnight the roster would be given to the staff with a closing shift one night and then an opening shift the very next day.

No security was provided at any time with the exception of nights with a concert or something similar near by, unfortunately the food attracts many undesirable customers adding more problems for the employees who are already being overworked on a normal night.

After working there for nearly two
 - more...
Pros
Waiter Experience. Lively atmosphere
Cons
Long shifts, Extremely varied rosters, Undesirable customers
My work at Eddie rockets gave me alot of experience , it thought me a lot also. I had some good times there but I feel it is time to change, The people there are also very good to work with.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Eddie Rockets?
Heavy duty, you could find easily a better place, careless staff lots of work and a clear preference for some emlpoyees making their jobs a lot easier and yours harder, some responsibilities from the other employees we’re often given to me because “ I was slower so I made them work harder”.

The best part of the job was leaving and the second best, they pay more on Saturdays.
Pros
They give you letters for the PPSN and you pay 2€ for meals
Cons
Bad working environment, careless staff and heavy duty job, minimum wage.
start cook burgers and other dishes follow by spesific recipie
learned cooking burgers and make frozen foods

learned to be part of the team

keep clean the kitchen and of the day clean the grills and fries part
It is a good place to start your career. I started as a waiter and after a year I got promoted to work as a shift manager which this experience has taught me a lot, especially when comes to dealing with customers and managing staff. It has definitely made me more confident.
Pros
Free lunch, fun environment.
Cons
Low wages
good place to work in. Having fun with coworkers. Management very helpful, always ready to give advice.
The hardest time (the busiest) was always when kids were off from school especially all bank holidays, mid terms, and Christmas break :)
It was all right to work apart from management . Especially , supervisors and managers hard to deal . It is easy to be a supervisor or manager , sometimes 1 month experience is enough for the company.
I have learnt how to deal with customers and leaderships skills, the culture makes the atmosphere fun, the hardest part of the job is working night time during the weekends, and I really enjoy making feel the customers part of Eddie Rockets with a smile and small talk.
Pros
My manager supports me and my schedule.
Cons
Work night shifts during the weekends.
Buen trabajo para aprender inglés y pasar una temporada viviendo en el extranjero.
Issuing contracts, ensuring that all documentations for new starters and other employees are in place and supporting manager with everyday tasks. Answering phone and managing the emails, . Overall Eddie Rockets provide safe work environment for employees and management team are welcoming and friendly people.
Pros
Vouchers
Good working environment i started my job role as a kitchen porter then worked hard and agot the chance to work as grill chef and they helped me better my career . But I wanted to better my job skills and move up the ladder
Pros
10% off meals whilst at work
Cons
Full 39 hours weekly.
A typical day in Eddie Rockets it is a busy day. I have learned how to balance fast and quality, showing a good customer service, always smiling even in a busy day. The management and co-workers are very team worker, helping each other when is needed. The hardest part is the cleaning duties and the most enjoyable is the relation and atmosphere between the co-workers
Pros
Free lunches and tips
Cons
Cleaning duties
Its a busy restaurant where you are able to learn more everyday.

Staff easygoing,good Management, ...............................
My main jobs where taking, serving and ensuring all orders were correct and customers were happy with their food. I helped on front of house on some occasions when busy and cleaned as we went. As it was so fast paced sometimes you can be rushed of your feet but I enjoyed this as I prefer something busy then no business.
Pros
Free lunch, very cooperative colleagues