Eddie Rockets

Eddie Rockets Employee Reviews in Dublin, County Dublin

Dublin, County Dublin38 reviews

Great people, poor pay, sometimes crazy customers

I loved the people here ie supervisors, chefs, waitrons. The staff are so friendly,m and supervisors understanding for the majority!Cons: poor pay-minimum wage which can be disheartening considering the long hours and sometimes onerous customer requests.

Hard work with little pay

Just not a very nice place to work at. Long hours with short breaks. Staff room is tiny, some supervisors look down on the rest of the staff. I would not recommend

It's ok

All I can honestly say is that it's ok. Very stressful and unrewarding job, but the team is amazing. One 30 minute break for 10 hour shifts which is definitely not enough.

Pros

Good team

Cons

Long hours, short breaks, stressful.

Fun work place

Good work place and good atmosphere. All the staff work in a team to get every task done. It is a great place to learn new skills for in the future

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Really nice atmosphere and fun workplace

Eddie rockets is such a nice place to work for, everyone is lovely always a good atmosphere even when it’s busy, tips can be very good as well. As soon as you walk in the door it’s like you’ve worked there for years.

Pros

Free lunches and a friendly workplace

Cons

Nice environment but also competitive and risky

The atmosphere is good, most colleagues are friendly and helpful. This is very important because it helps us to overcome the most stresful moments and to give good service to our customers. However, there are some people who want to show up and don't work in a team. That is a bit uncomfortable. Moreover, being a waitress is risky in pandemic times and more security measures should be taken to protect employees during this period.

Pros

Friendly environment and lunch price

Cons

Long hours and few breaks

Great place to work with friendly and caring team members

In general it is a nice place to work. The place may be busy and stressful sometimes but the enviroment makes up for it. All staff members are working as a team. The staff is very mixed too so its a great way to meet new people. There is always a possibility to advance too.

Fun fun fun

Absolutely amazing place to work. Great atmosphere and great people to work with and for. Will work around college hours and exams. Very flexible working hours and delicious food.

Pros

Staff meals

Cons

Fun place to work, good experience, productive.

I enjoyed my time working at Eddie rockets. I feel like it improved my communication skills a lot, as I was dealing with people all the time. It’s a really fun place to work, staff were lovely, very welcoming and bubbly. I felt like the money was very good, I got paid even though I was just there on work experience. I would definitely take a job like this up as a part time job because now I really love waitressing and dealing with people, I feel like I’m very good at it now. I would definitely recommend working at Eddie rockets to someone else, yes.

Pros

Free food

Pathetic experience

Pathetic management. Absolute shambles. The management is extremely biased , rigid and dominated by politics. I received 0 training whatsoever fornkost of the processes. I learned half of the tasks by myself and was expected to handle the kitchen. Head chef had no accountability whatsoever. Just because he worked for more than a year he acted like the manager . Pathetic.

fast paced

Working day and night-time, antisocial hours, night shift weren't paid on any higher rate. The staff is very nice and easy to get on with, the management isn't that good though

I enjoy working in Eddie rockets

Nice people's, nice management, payment is great was a pleasure to work with them, Its a busy place, the big boss always been polite to everyone frome kp to managers 👍

Really good atmosphere, fun place to work but pay and management are awful. Would recommend to young people as it is flexible and usually nice workers

Fun workplace

Very good work environment, extremely good staff and great management. The only down side is its so busy that when new staff are being trained things tend to build up and customer satisfaction dwindles.

Empresa dinâmica

Uma empresa dinâmica, embora tenha uma rotina intensa de trabalho, promove um ambiente agradável aos funcionários e clientes.

Hard work, Zero benefit

I worked for nearly 2 years for Eddie Rockets, initially was very good, very enjoyable, friendly staff and overall good fun. However as time passed I realised the staff of Eddie Rockets are practically slave labour to the management, Managers from Head Office knew nothing nor cared about their employees and had absolutely zero understanding of how a shift would effectively operate in their restaurants. Personally I believe Eddie Rockets to be a "Spare every expense possible" sort of company, where they would have a shift undertaken with as little money spent as possible. This resulted in constant shortage of staff with only one waiter and supervisor closing the shop on a typical night no matter how busy it got, also leaving them to clean the entire shop with only two people on a closing shift Being promoted to supervisor was like punishment because they were undertaking the same work as before but with much more responsibility and about four times the level of stress, the only benefit being a slightly higher pay rise. I once had a colleague in my store promoted to supervisor and after a few weeks they started smoking full time. At least once every fortnight the roster would be given to the staff with a closing shift one night and then an opening shift the very next day. No security was provided at any time with the exception of nights with a concert or something similar near by, unfortunately the food attracts many undesirable customers adding more problems for the employees who are already being overworked on a normal night. After working there for nearly two -

Pros

Waiter Experience. Lively atmosphere

Cons

Long shifts, Extremely varied rosters, Undesirable customers

Good

My work at Eddie rockets gave me alot of experience , it thought me a lot also. I had some good times there but I feel it is time to change, The people there are also very good to work with.

Really busy place, not so friendly people and the manager in charge during my working period was rude

Heavy duty, you could find easily a better place, careless staff lots of work and a clear preference for some emlpoyees making their jobs a lot easier and yours harder, some responsibilities from the other employees we’re often given to me because “ I was slower so I made them work harder”. The best part of the job was leaving and the second best, they pay more on Saturdays.

Pros

They give you letters for the PPSN and you pay 2€ for meals

Cons

Bad working environment, careless staff and heavy duty job, minimum wage.

very busy restaurand

start cook burgers and other dishes follow by spesific recipie learned cooking burgers and make frozen foods learned to be part of the team keep clean the kitchen and of the day clean the grills and fries part

Fun and challenging

It is a good place to start your career. I started as a waiter and after a year I got promoted to work as a shift manager which this experience has taught me a lot, especially when comes to dealing with customers and managing staff. It has definitely made me more confident.

Pros

Free lunch, fun environment.

Cons

Low wages

growing fast fun workplace

good place to work in. Having fun with coworkers. Management very helpful, always ready to give advice. The hardest time (the busiest) was always when kids were off from school especially all bank holidays, mid terms, and Christmas break :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Rockets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement