Eddie Rockets

Eddie Rockets Employee Reviews for Server

Server43 reviews
Ireland43 reviews

Heavy work load, low pay

When I first started, they had me come in on one of their busiest days. Thus I only learned how to bring drinks to tables and clean tables for that entire day. It took more than a week to finally show me how to take orders, due to how busy it is. The staff are wonderful to work with though; very friendly and helpful every step of the way. I love their motto "If you don't know how to do something, ask for help". It made me feel comfortable and happy to be working there. Especially as someone who has never been a waitress before. The hardest part of the job, in my opinion, is when things get very busy. Work piles up a lot and sometimes I find myself getting flustered. But again, if you're ever stuck, all of the staff are willing to do whatever they can to help you out. My favourite time so far is working on the weekdays. It is a nice way to wind down during the week. Even doing closing times are enjoyable as well. I look forward to continuing on working here.

horrible

dont work here changed shop location to remain anonymous but worked there for a while never got paid poor management 25% discount off foodmanagement rude to stafff

Insights into Eddie Rockets

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Fast paced and hard work

Very busy and often understaffed. Had to do a lot of cleaning that wouldn’t be expected in other waiting jobs. Good atmosphere between coworkers. Fast paced means time goes fast.

Pros

Lunches, coworkers

Cons

Long hours, hard work, a lot of cleaning

Bad working environment

1) You will get rushed by Coworkers when it's just under 10 min late.2) Always get last minute call for request to work.3) coworkers gossiping about you infornt of you. 4)Always get asked to stay overnight working and asked to do extra work as to help others with their not finished work. 5)staff food time were very late and most of the time they forgot to allow you for a break time. 6)the break time is too short (15 minutes break for below 7hours work and 30mins break for above 7hours work) 7) they do not have a specific shift rosters but it is dependent on where you live.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hours, last minute shift

Difficult and draining work

In my time working in Eddie's there were many shifts I worked where the company was completely understaffed, making it stressful and draining for me and others to work in on that particular day. The training provided is not good either in Eddie Rockets. I felt as thought I learned far more from the lovely supervisors I was working with, as opposed to any manager who trained me in.

Pros

Amazing kind staff

Cons

Weak management, bad delivery service (which meant dealing with lots of complaints)

Great people, poor pay, sometimes crazy customers

I loved the people here ie supervisors, chefs, waitrons. The staff are so friendly,m and supervisors understanding for the majority!Cons: poor pay-minimum wage which can be disheartening considering the long hours and sometimes onerous customer requests.

The wage is a joke for the work load.

Avoid at all costs. Colleagues are the only thing great about the company. I worked here for a year and since I left I’ve found happiness again. Don’t waste your mental health on this place and it’s management.

This wasn't a bad job but management is rude,disrespectful I'd stay clear nice til ur der a long time

Bu ur hard work is not respected, work 2 groundOverall the staff are great, friendly, great clean diner but as for management I wudn recommend dis job

Pros

The customers and being busy

Cons

Long hours disrespectful tiring

Fun work place

Good work place and good atmosphere. All the staff work in a team to get every task done. It is a great place to learn new skills for in the future

Pros

Free lunch

Fun workplace

I work with Eddie rockets a few weeks now and the people are just amazing the people I work with are great kind and very hard working I have made some great friends working here with the staff and customers.

Really nice atmosphere and fun workplace

Eddie rockets is such a nice place to work for, everyone is lovely always a good atmosphere even when it’s busy, tips can be very good as well. As soon as you walk in the door it’s like you’ve worked there for years.

Pros

Free lunches and a friendly workplace

Cons

Fast paced and motivating workplace

Good place to work. The staff are friendly and helpful. Schedules are flexible and hours are good. It’s a fast paced and collaborative environment which makes the hours go by faster.

Pros

Flexible schedule and discounted lunch

Nice environment but also competitive and risky

The atmosphere is good, most colleagues are friendly and helpful. This is very important because it helps us to overcome the most stresful moments and to give good service to our customers. However, there are some people who want to show up and don't work in a team. That is a bit uncomfortable. Moreover, being a waitress is risky in pandemic times and more security measures should be taken to protect employees during this period.

Pros

Friendly environment and lunch price

Cons

Long hours and few breaks

Productive and fun workplace

Good place to work. The staff are friendly and helpful. It is a fast paced environment but it makes the day go by quicker. Schedules are flexible and hours are good.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Fun fun fun

Absolutely amazing place to work. Great atmosphere and great people to work with and for. Will work around college hours and exams. Very flexible working hours and delicious food.

Pros

Staff meals

Cons

Productive but not so fun workplace

Working in Eddie rockets is very fast paced. You have to be prepared to deal with all sorts of people and can very rarely ask a co worker for help with something.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Terrible management

Fun place to work, good experience, productive.

I enjoyed my time working at Eddie rockets. I feel like it improved my communication skills a lot, as I was dealing with people all the time. It’s a really fun place to work, staff were lovely, very welcoming and bubbly. I felt like the money was very good, I got paid even though I was just there on work experience. I would definitely take a job like this up as a part time job because now I really love waitressing and dealing with people, I feel like I’m very good at it now. I would definitely recommend working at Eddie rockets to someone else, yes.

Pros

Free food

stressful but fun work

times could be stressful and you have a lot of responsibility. some times you are asked to look after tasks that were not in your job description but all together a good place to work ( would advise it to be for part time rather then full time work)

Extremely friendly working Environment

Having worked in the Newbridge branch for just over 3 months, I not only learned plenty of skills such as customer service skills and food safety skills, but also learned to work in a productive and fast-paced environment with the help of the extremely friendly staff members all of whom taught me what it is to be a great waiter. I would go back in a heartbeat :)

fast paced

Working day and night-time, antisocial hours, night shift weren't paid on any higher rate. The staff is very nice and easy to get on with, the management isn't that good though

Busy working days

Atypical day at work would be stressful as things needed to be done as fast as possible to ensure customer satisfaction. There were flexible working hours and did not have to ask for time off in a lot of advance.The toughest part of the job was negative workplace culture on busy days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Rockets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement