Eddie Rockets

Eddie Rockets Employee Reviews for Server

Server38 reviews
Ireland38 reviews

Busy and character building

I started Eddie Rockets 4 weeks ago although I do actually like the job I have still have not reviewed my first payment and the pay is not enough for the stress your under and how busy you are.

Pros

Free lunches and milkshakes

Cons

Finish late and not enough staff

This wasn't a bad job but management is rude,disrespectful I'd stay clear nice til ur der a long time

Bu ur hard work is not respected, work 2 groundOverall the staff are great, friendly, great clean diner but as for management I wudn recommend dis job

Pros

The customers and being busy

Cons

Long hours disrespectful tiring

Fun work place

Good work place and good atmosphere. All the staff work in a team to get every task done. It is a great place to learn new skills for in the future

Pros

Free lunch

Fun workplace

I work with Eddie rockets a few weeks now and the people are just amazing the people I work with are great kind and very hard working I have made some great friends working here with the staff and customers.

Really nice atmosphere and fun workplace

Eddie rockets is such a nice place to work for, everyone is lovely always a good atmosphere even when it’s busy, tips can be very good as well. As soon as you walk in the door it’s like you’ve worked there for years.

Pros

Free lunches and a friendly workplace

Cons

Fast paced and motivating workplace

Good place to work. The staff are friendly and helpful. Schedules are flexible and hours are good. It’s a fast paced and collaborative environment which makes the hours go by faster.

Pros

Flexible schedule and discounted lunch

Nice environment but also competitive and risky

The atmosphere is good, most colleagues are friendly and helpful. This is very important because it helps us to overcome the most stresful moments and to give good service to our customers. However, there are some people who want to show up and don't work in a team. That is a bit uncomfortable. Moreover, being a waitress is risky in pandemic times and more security measures should be taken to protect employees during this period.

Pros

Friendly environment and lunch price

Cons

Long hours and few breaks

Productive and fun workplace

Good place to work. The staff are friendly and helpful. It is a fast paced environment but it makes the day go by quicker. Schedules are flexible and hours are good.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Fun fun fun

Absolutely amazing place to work. Great atmosphere and great people to work with and for. Will work around college hours and exams. Very flexible working hours and delicious food.

Pros

Staff meals

Cons

Productive but not so fun workplace

Working in Eddie rockets is very fast paced. You have to be prepared to deal with all sorts of people and can very rarely ask a co worker for help with something.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Terrible management

Fun place to work, good experience, productive.

I enjoyed my time working at Eddie rockets. I feel like it improved my communication skills a lot, as I was dealing with people all the time. It’s a really fun place to work, staff were lovely, very welcoming and bubbly. I felt like the money was very good, I got paid even though I was just there on work experience. I would definitely take a job like this up as a part time job because now I really love waitressing and dealing with people, I feel like I’m very good at it now. I would definitely recommend working at Eddie rockets to someone else, yes.

Pros

Free food

stressful but fun work

times could be stressful and you have a lot of responsibility. some times you are asked to look after tasks that were not in your job description but all together a good place to work ( would advise it to be for part time rather then full time work)

Extremely friendly working Environment

Having worked in the Newbridge branch for just over 3 months, I not only learned plenty of skills such as customer service skills and food safety skills, but also learned to work in a productive and fast-paced environment with the help of the extremely friendly staff members all of whom taught me what it is to be a great waiter. I would go back in a heartbeat :)

fast paced

Working day and night-time, antisocial hours, night shift weren't paid on any higher rate. The staff is very nice and easy to get on with, the management isn't that good though

Busy working days

Atypical day at work would be stressful as things needed to be done as fast as possible to ensure customer satisfaction. There were flexible working hours and did not have to ask for time off in a lot of advance.The toughest part of the job was negative workplace culture on busy days.

Fun workplace

Very good work environment, extremely good staff and great management. The only down side is its so busy that when new staff are being trained things tend to build up and customer satisfaction dwindles.

It was a challenging yet rewarding working environment

I would review Eddie Rockets, Dundrum as a good experience overall. It is a very accessible job for somebody starting with no experience. You know your hours in good time, you are paid correctly and on time. It is an organised job, perfect for somebody in university as they are flexible with the hours.

Hard work, Zero benefit

I worked for nearly 2 years for Eddie Rockets, initially was very good, very enjoyable, friendly staff and overall good fun. However as time passed I realised the staff of Eddie Rockets are practically slave labour to the management, Managers from Head Office knew nothing nor cared about their employees and had absolutely zero understanding of how a shift would effectively operate in their restaurants. Personally I believe Eddie Rockets to be a "Spare every expense possible" sort of company, where they would have a shift undertaken with as little money spent as possible. This resulted in constant shortage of staff with only one waiter and supervisor closing the shop on a typical night no matter how busy it got, also leaving them to clean the entire shop with only two people on a closing shift Being promoted to supervisor was like punishment because they were undertaking the same work as before but with much more responsibility and about four times the level of stress, the only benefit being a slightly higher pay rise. I once had a colleague in my store promoted to supervisor and after a few weeks they started smoking full time. At least once every fortnight the roster would be given to the staff with a closing shift one night and then an opening shift the very next day. No security was provided at any time with the exception of nights with a concert or something similar near by, unfortunately the food attracts many undesirable customers adding more problems for the employees who are already being overworked on a normal night. After working there for nearly two -

Pros

Waiter Experience. Lively atmosphere

Cons

Long shifts, Extremely varied rosters, Undesirable customers

Loved working for Eddies

Staff were so friendly and helpful Manager was very understanding and easy to talk to Shifts were done weekly and were easy to still maintain a life outside of work restaurant was always busy and it was a very fast paced job but very easy to socialise Definitely brought me out of my shell and made me more confident

Pros

Food on a shift good tips

Cons

had to commute to work which was not ideal

Was a great atmosphere

I enjoyed working with Eddie rockets. I or to know so many people working there and have made life long friends. The salary’s could be better and tips given more frequently.

Pros

16€ food for lunch for €2.50

Cons

Split shifts late starts could have three hour shifts

Friendly

working here I made some great friends, their management is flexible enough if time off is required and they try their best to look after their staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Rockets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement
  • Eddie Rockets
  • Server
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?