Eddie Rockets

Eddie Rockets Employee Reviews for Server

I enjoyed my time working at Eddie rockets. I feel like it improved my communication skills a lot, as I was dealing with people all the time. It’s a really fun place to work, staff were lovely, very welcoming and bubbly. I felt like the money was very good, I got paid even though I was just there on work experience. I would definitely take a job like this up as a part time job because now I really love waitressing and dealing with people, I feel like I’m very good at it now. I would definitely recommend working at Eddie rockets to someone else, yes.
Pros
Free food
Cons
times could be stressful and you have a lot of responsibility. some times you are asked to look after tasks that were not in your job description but all together a good place to work ( would advise it to be for part time rather then full time work)
Having worked in the Newbridge branch for just over 3 months, I not only learned plenty of skills such as customer service skills and food safety skills, but also learned to work in a productive and fast-paced environment with the help of the extremely friendly staff members all of whom taught me what it is to be a great waiter. I would go back in a heartbeat :)
Working day and night-time, antisocial hours, night shift weren't paid on any higher rate. The staff is very nice and easy to get on with, the management isn't that good though
Atypical day at work would be stressful as things needed to be done as fast as possible to ensure customer satisfaction. There were flexible working hours and did not have to ask for time off in a lot of advance.The toughest part of the job was negative workplace culture on busy days.
Very good work environment, extremely good staff and great management. The only down side is its so busy that when new staff are being trained things tend to build up and customer satisfaction dwindles.
I would review Eddie Rockets, Dundrum as a good experience overall. It is a very accessible job for somebody starting with no experience. You know your hours in good time, you are paid correctly and on time. It is an organised job, perfect for somebody in university as they are flexible with the hours.
I worked for nearly 2 years for Eddie Rockets, initially was very good, very enjoyable, friendly staff and overall good fun. However as time passed I realised the staff of Eddie Rockets are practically slave labour to the management, Managers from Head Office knew nothing nor cared about their employees and had absolutely zero understanding of how a shift would effectively operate in their restaurants. Personally I believe Eddie Rockets to be a "Spare every expense possible" sort of company, where they would have a shift undertaken with as little money spent as possible. This resulted in constant shortage of staff with only one waiter and supervisor closing the shop on a typical night no matter how busy it got, also leaving them to clean the entire shop with only two people on a closing shift Being promoted to supervisor was like punishment because they were undertaking the same work as before but with much more responsibility and about four times the level of stress, the only benefit being a slightly higher pay rise. I once had a colleague in my store promoted to supervisor and after a few weeks they started smoking full time. At least once every fortnight the roster would be given to the staff with a closing shift one night and then an opening shift the very next day. No security was provided at any time with the exception of nights with a concert or something similar near by, unfortunately the food attracts many undesirable customers adding more problems for the employees who are already being overworked on a normal night. After working there for nearly two - more...
Pros
Waiter Experience. Lively atmosphere
Cons
Long shifts, Extremely varied rosters, Undesirable customers
Staff were so friendly and helpful Manager was very understanding and easy to talk to Shifts were done weekly and were easy to still maintain a life outside of work restaurant was always busy and it was a very fast paced job but very easy to socialise Definitely brought me out of my shell and made me more confident
Pros
Food on a shift good tips
Cons
had to commute to work which was not ideal
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Eddie Rockets?
I enjoyed working with Eddie rockets. I or to know so many people working there and have made life long friends. The salary’s could be better and tips given more frequently.
Pros
16€ food for lunch for €2.50
Cons
Split shifts late starts could have three hour shifts
working here I made some great friends, their management is flexible enough if time off is required and they try their best to look after their staff.
Great staff and great management. Always someone there to help if you need it. Best job I have ever had as everyone works together and communicates really well
The average shift in Eddie's lasts between 6 and 8 hours, with 2-3 weekly. The management are very helpful and flexible, the work is a team-based approach and it is a democratic environment for all staff, as communication comes from the top-down and the bottom-up.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
While being a fun place to work, it is not worth the amount of stress due to understaffing and lack of knowledge.While being enjoyable and a very staff friendly shop the customer service is lacking in many staff members due to lack of English.
Pros
lunches for 2 euro
Cons
lack of training and supervison
I have learnt how to deal with customers and leaderships skills, the culture makes the atmosphere fun, the hardest part of the job is working night time during the weekends, and I really enjoy making feel the customers part of Eddie Rockets with a smile and small talk.
Pros
My manager supports me and my schedule.
Cons
Work night shifts during the weekends.
Typical day was enjoyable and busy. I learned how to deal with customers. Most enjoyable part was the people you meet. The hardest part was how busy it was.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Work with nice people in busy environment . work from morning to 3-4 am . •preparing food •serving customers •cleaning duties •Flexible availability – including nights, weekends, and holidays
A typical day at work would go quickly due to the popularity of the business and the constant flow of customers. There was always something to do and I enjoyed doing it for the most part. I learned valuable customer service skills that I will have for the rest of my life. Management were very fair and understanding to the best of their ability. The culture of the workplace was very family-orientated. Despite none of the staff being related, we all got on very well! The hardest part of the job was the long hours - especially the night shifts. It was also difficult only having a half hour lunch break even when working long shifts. €4 was also taken from our wages for every lunce break we had i.e €20 deducted for a 5 day week where you had lunch every day. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smile on customers' faces when they were treated so well by all the staff in the restaurant.
Pros
Staff members
Cons
A typical day in Eddie Rockets it is a busy day. I have learned how to balance fast and quality, showing a good customer service, always smiling even in a busy day. The management and co-workers are very team worker, helping each other when is needed. The hardest part is the cleaning duties and the most enjoyable is the relation and atmosphere between the co-workers
Pros
Free lunches and tips
Cons
Cleaning duties
was good work experience and got a lot of skills out of it, I learnt to deal under high pressure and stressful situations worked 9 hours a day some times 6 days a week, I met people of all cultures and countries during my period of working there and made decent income
Its a busy restaurant where you are able to learn more everyday. Staff easygoing,good Management, ...............................